IT.COM

advice What are the most valuable letters for LLL .com / .org and LLLL .com / .org domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I found an article somewhere (can't find the tab I had open that had it but I copied it to my notes) and it cited the following information:

Western World Criteria: The quality of the letter composition can play a significant role in determining 3-letter valuations. General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z. Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium letter only domains tend to fetch a 500% to 600% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed letter quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

New: Chinese and Global Markets: With this new and emerging market, letter quality is very different than in much of the western world. Preferred letters are B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T. W, X, Y, Z. Vowels are considered mildly valuable. The letter V is considered lower quality.

Is this information accurate? Is there any tool for estimating value of LLL and LLLL? Or are these tools worthless?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This info is still basically true, but doesn’t paint a full picture of what makes certain short names more valuable. Vowels are good to have in short names and also pronounceability , desirable patterns (CVCV, VCVC, etc), as well as being an actual word will also increase the value.

Short names are one of the easiest names to fine comparable sales for. The easiest way to Valuate them in my opinion is to just look at sales history for names with similar/same letters and go from there.

•••
This info is still basically true, but doesn’t paint a full picture of what makes certain short names more valuable. Vowels are good to have in short names and also pronounceability , desirable patterns (CVCV, VCVC, etc), as well as being an actual word will also increase the value.

Short names are one of the easiest names to fine comparable sales for. The easiest way to Valuate them in my opinion is to just look at sales history for names with similar/same letters and go from there.
Yah, certainly I understand producibility is important.

What's your favorite place for sales history? I've always wondered how you know the sales history is real unless it's sold on a public marketplace.

•••
Yah, certainly I understand producibility is important.

What's your favorite place for sales history? I've always wondered how you know the sales history is real unless it's sold on a public marketplace.
The best place for sales history is namebio.com

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back