IT.COM

What am I missing about .AR ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

d111

Established Member
Impact
I've recently started seeing so many companies in the AR space using .ar extension (argentina ccTLD)

lulu.ar, geenee.ar, jadu.ar, arthouse.ar, selfie.ar, arti.ar, fuse.ar, vary.ar, rendered.ar, waveoptics.ar, tropos.ar, hortus.ar, avatarhouse.ar, refined.ar, mirr.ar, elysium.ar, etc

but nobody in the domain world seems to be talking about it??

I even noticed that recently there were some secondary market sales above $2000+ for a few on SEDO.

just seems like augmented reality will be huge with Apple/Google/Meta etc all poised to release AR glasses in the next 18-24 months, but I'm seeing so many amazing clean words still wide open and available on the extension - is there something I'm missing or are people just not really excited about this one?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
yeah true, the high annual cost is definitely an issue for some

•••
The cost is $25 at DonWeb. The problem is smaller.

•••
$25 isnt bad at all, especially considering the cost for .io and .ai which are doing more than fine

•••
I've recently started seeing so many companies in the AR space using .ar extension (argentina ccTLD)

lulu.ar, geenee.ar, jadu.ar, arthouse.ar, selfie.ar, arti.ar, fuse.ar, vary.ar, rendered.ar, waveoptics.ar, tropos.ar, hortus.ar, avatarhouse.ar, refined.ar, mirr.ar, elysium.ar, etc

but nobody in the domain world seems to be talking about it??

I even noticed that recently there were some secondary market sales above $2000+ for a few on SEDO.

just seems like augmented reality will be huge with Apple/Google/Meta etc all poised to release AR glasses in the next 18-24 months, but I'm seeing so many amazing clean words still wide open and available on the extension - is there something I'm missing or are people just not really excited about this one?
I believe that we are witnessing the beginning of an exponential growth of .ar domains. Those companies work specifically with augmented reality technology, but I think we are not going to wait long to see more diversity of companies adding to their possibilities and scope this ccTLD.

•••
Maybe a bunch of pirates got into domains?

Arrr matey :-P

•••
1.ar sold for $2.5K few days ago

•••
Restricted, expensive, poor country, not advertised as augmented reality, and how many AR companies are there, only a few.

•••
Restricted, expensive, poor country, not advertised as augmented reality, and how many AR companies are there, only a few.

what does restricted mean in this context? sorry I'm kind of new to domaining just trying to learn

•••
•••
powerdomaining.com apparently lists latest 1000 sales from SEDO, not sure how good is it, but prices are there

•••
Restricted means: Not everyone can register it, for example you may need local presence etc.

•••
Well, this is not entirely true, in fact it is only true that the .ar domain is not sufficiently advertised as augmented reality (but in any case it has recently been opened and we already see that companies are beginning to choose it). Regarding the other data, the domain is not restricted, but a note must be sent with the legalized identity document to validate the identity of the user, it is not necessary to have an address in the country (source: https://nic.ar/ en/help/attention_to_users/non-residents).
And if the country is poor, it is not completely correct, we can see it here for example: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/poorest-countries-in-the-world.
It is true that its economy is more fluctuating than other countries, but we can see from the data that it is somewhat far from being poor.

•••
Restricted means: Not everyone can register it, for example you may need local presence etc.
ah, thanks! I'm not sure if that was recently changed or something but I easily registered some and all that was needed was that your registrar has a local contact address in the country but it said anyone from anywhere can register them

•••
I own only one immersive . Ar!

•••
I sold a single character .ar domain for $3k earlier this year. It's hard to say if/when certain ccTLDs will take off, but I think these three rules can make a good investment:

- reasonable renewal fee (anything under the comparable ~$40/year of .io)
- no restrictions from the registry or registrar (residency requirements, useful domain dashboard, ease of DNS management, etc)
- evergreen keywords (short, one word, industry specific)

•••
I sold a single character .ar domain for $3k earlier this year. It's hard to say if/when certain ccTLDs will take off, but I think these three rules can make a good investment:

- reasonable renewal fee (anything under the comparable ~$40/year of .io)
- no restrictions from the registry or registrar (residency requirements, useful domain dashboard, ease of DNS management, etc)
- evergreen keywords (short, one word, industry specific)

wow that's awesome congrats - thanks for those good pointers too

where is an active .AR marketplace? seems like almost none of the big platforms even support it yet

•••
Back