Dynadot

question What about .io extension is it profitable or waste of money ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FarzanAhmad

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally I wouldn't go there. But that said, it's being used by the Tech crowd for their development projects. I wouldn't think there is anything to be gained (or a market to be had) by going off-subject with the dot io. So it looks to be of restricted interest.
If you have a Great technical/development/project name you'll probably earn some potential $$$ but I'm sure the best have all been snapped up by speculators.

PS, Seemed the tech crowd liked it due to it's i/o input/output connotations

Last edited:
•••
Okay
Personally I wouldn't go there. But that said, it's being used by the Tech crowd for their development projects. I wouldn't think there is anything to be gained (or a market to be had) by going off-subject with the dot io. So it looks to be of restricted interest.
If you have a Great technical/development/project name you'll probably earn some potential $$$ but I'm sure the best have all been snapped up by speculators.

PS, Seemed the tech crowd liked it due to it's i/o input/output connotations
Okay then what about .co extension is it profitable or waste of money

•••
Okay

Okay then what about .co extension is it profitable or waste of money
Maybe dictionary .co or 3-letters.
For .io if a dictionary word it might do well for tech. I'd avoid random letters or two worders in either extension. Consider the high renewal cost of .io & .co when investing. Compared to .com unless you know what you are doing very well you should avoid .io & .co IMO.

•••
•••
•••
If there is VERY good generic 1 or 2 words in IT niche available for .IO - then register. Otherwise it's too expensive TLD. My opinion.

•••
If there is VERY good generic 1 or 2 words in IT niche available for .IO - then register. Otherwise it's too expensive TLD. My opinion.
If it's two words it shouldn't be more than 10-letters long IMO. Stick to .com unless you know what your doing and how to market .io/.co.

•••
Compared to .com it's no contest. .COM is still king!
Yeah but suppose I have a domain name actors.io OR actors.co what about these domain names are they still useless?

•••
Yeah but suppose I have a domain name actors.io OR actors.co what about these domain names are they still useless?
.IO domains are popular for IT niche. Because one of the meanings of ".IO" is "10" - binary code.

•••
Honestly I'd try and flip before August & not plan on renewing it see if you can get mid-xxx for it. IMO If you are asking but don't own I'd avoid them.

Last edited:
•••
I am seeing more traction in .ai domains since a year than .io

.io had a lot of activity just before and after COVID but since 2022 I feel .ai have had the most interest of end users [when compared to .io]

•••

Tox.io sells for $14,945

Tony Names posted on X that he sold Tox.io for $14,945. He continues to crank out the sales and this is a nice one. He sold Theo.xyz a couple weeks back for $19,888. Tox is registered in 113 extensions according to DotDB.com.

Read More

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back