Dynadot

Selling We're building nTLD exclusive marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my pleasure to announce here, at Namepros, that I've started the development of a marketplace exclusively for buying and selling new Top-Level Domains.

You can follow the journey on a link below, and please, feel free to roast or suggest any idea that you might have. I'm open to discussions 🙏

https://builders.so/u/philip/ntld.club

https://nTLD.club

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’ve been hoping for something like this. I look forward to the development.

•••
Best of luck!! Keep us posted!

•••
Can you clarify example names that will be accepted?

Last edited:
•••
Thank you guys for the support! 👃

Feel free to give me any suggestions you might have.

@Neal Grayson - I'm not sure I understand your question specifically, so I'll answer it both ways:

1) Marketplace will accept new top-level domain extensions, so we won't be accepting gTLDs and ccTLDs.

2) If your question will there be quality requirements for entrance? No. We will be accepting all of them, but key point is that we will be utilizing our resources to promote quality ones, for FREE (we'll have homepage suggestions, searches that will also prioritize showing results based on quality).

Everyone will be able to host their domains landers with us for FREE, have same treatment independent on quality or size of the inventory. We just want to bring some "innovation" to this market, as current marketplaces are just in it for profit (excluding @DAN.COM, shout out to them for making huge impact on domaining market).

•••
•••
It's my pleasure to announce here, at Namepros, that I've started the development of a marketplace exclusively for buying and selling new Top-Level Domains.

You can follow the journey on a link below, and please, feel free to roast or suggest any idea that you might have. I'm open to discussions 🙏

Its better to promote your marketplace with smart and massive marketing, so .. your team isn't only sitting and waiting for new leads from type in traffic domain.

Building trust is most important , no trust almost no cash for any business , create different solution and build great broker team to close the deals.

You need aggressive domain broker in your marketplace to make your marketplace relevant and different , apply simple feature to communicate :

# Texting via SMS (real time). SMS is still relevant for certain buyers

# Integrate with Whatsapp (real time) : Many people use WA as their main communication right now

# Provide fixed phone number as alternative (not as main option)

Bad broker can't handle any objections, they don't care to bring more value for buyers / sellers. They only care to work at low standard

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your feedback @buydomainnames.

We really appreciate every input, so I'm going to offer a quick response to it:

Our focus is currently in developing an actual marketplace and making sure that before we release it, everything works as it should. We're still long ahead of release, and marketing efforts are still minimal - me as a cofounder looking for feedback on Namepros, and here only. Once we're close into release period, we already have extensive branding and marketing strategy to drive the masses in.

As for the broker services, sorry but we won't be offering such services in a way others do, nor we will have one in near future.

Why? If you look through major domaining players who does offer "domain seller brokerage services", their whole strategy around building one is simple: offer as many advantages in your marketplace - ex advertise extensively on homepage, push them as top search result in your registrars/directories, actively SPAM existing user database with your TOP names. And we do not consider that as brokerage services.

Those services I just mentioned will be completely FREE (aka included in price and solely dependent on our automation system/quality of your domains), which is completely different approach. What the broker of domain name is for us: business development manager, who's capable of doing research and finding QUALIFIED buyers for your domains and outreaching them. And once they do, then they could negotiate the price. How many brokers are providing you with actual research report? Those who do are true brokers. Anyone who is justifying usage of their network as brokerage services are just cash mules, who're trying to take as much money as possible off of you.

Any inbound leads in our system will be solely yours and we won't bill you for anyone who came to you to buy the name directly, whether he typed in your name or found it recommended from our network, will be treated as yours.

•••
Thanks for your feedback @buydomainnames.

We really appreciate every input, so I'm going to offer a quick response to it:

Our focus is currently in developing an actual marketplace and making sure that before we release it, everything works as it should. We're still long ahead of release, and marketing efforts are still minimal - me as a cofounder looking for feedback on Namepros, and here only. Once we're close into release period, we already have extensive branding and marketing strategy to drive the masses in.

As for the broker services, sorry but we won't be offering such services in a way others do, nor we will have one in near future.

Why? If you look through major domaining players who does offer "domain seller brokerage services", their whole strategy around building one is simple: offer as many advantages in your marketplace - ex advertise extensively on homepage, push them as top search result in your registrars/directories, actively SPAM existing user database with your TOP names. And we do not consider that as brokerage services.

Those services I just mentioned will be completely FREE (aka included in price and solely dependent on our automation system/quality of your domains), which is completely different approach. What the broker of domain name is for us: business development manager, who's capable of doing research and finding QUALIFIED buyers for your domains and outreaching them. And once they do, then they could negotiate the price. How many brokers are providing you with actual research report? Those who do are true brokers. Anyone who is justifying usage of their network as brokerage services are just cash mules, who're trying to take as much money as possible off of you.

Any inbound leads in our system will be solely yours and we won't bill you for anyone who came to you to buy the name directly, whether he typed in your name or found it recommended from our network, will be treated as yours.
Nice jobs... wish you can bring more value for both seller and buyers.

•••
Thanks once again, we'll most certainly try to do just that!

I've mentioned on builders.so some small, yet life-changing features that I consider every domainer should have access to, but I am always open to new suggestions, so feel free to give as much feedback as you can, I really appreciate it 👃

•••
Thanks for telling us about the initiative to have a market just for new gTLDs, and I look forward to seeing it prosper.

Bob

•••
Thank you for the support Bob, it means a lot, especially for fellow domain veteran 👃

please feel free to drop any suggestion you might have or just roast us even before we release it, it's highly appreciated 😂

•••
Launching a new sales platform can be tough. You have the chicken and egg scenario at play with a two-sided business like this.

You need a pool of buyers to bring sellers, but you need a pool of quality inventory to bring buyers.

Best of luck with it.

Brad

•••

1643932216713.png

OK.

•••
@Mifuru Link has been waiting for update in OP, new one here: https://builders.so/u/filip/ntld.club

@bmugford Thanks for hopping in, and indeed. The most challenging part of journey would actually be that one, and we're going to give our best to make sure that inventory quality does look appeal to potential buyers, and from the other hand invest heavily into getting those buyers to make transactions on our marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
I would be interested if........it wasn't a bloated platform with far too many useless features/clutter and you're spending $1,000+ per day on pay per click ads to bring in buyers, otherwise there will be no exposure for my domains

•••
You have articulated your vision very well and if you do succeed in creating this minimalist solution, nothing will be like it!
No matter what domainers may say, almost all my entrepreneur friends are ok and even excited to go with ngtlds.. so yes if they find all their options in one place that can be powerful..best of luck!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back