IT.COM

domain Well a few months ago I didn't think I would post this as a thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For the few people on here that know me this might come as a bit of a shock.

As I am sitting here my belly hurts like hell, I guess that nothing else can be expected from stage 4 cancer. This thread though is about a podcast I have done with the gracious help of Helmuts who runs hostmaria.com. In the podcast I talk about 'Go.LA' and the fact I am putting it up for sale, how I acquired it, what the price is, and why I think it is an amazing name.

Please if anybody thinks this is some kind of a 'set up', well all I can say is it definitely is not.

Anybody who might be interested in acquiring the domain you might want to check the podcast out, it is at:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hear about your condition. May your pains be as mild as possible. I hope you'll get a great price for Go.la. Your family is fortunate to have such a great husband and father looking out for them. Good luck and nothing but the best moving forward.

Last edited:
•••
That's shitty...my mum had it

I was a bit conflicted liking the post......But a nice video (y)

Good luck with selling the domain - hopefully someone gets it who wants/can develop it and show it the loves it deserves

•••
•••
•••
It takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there like this. Respect.

I wish you well and hope you and your family find the strength and power to deal with your situation.

•••
I do not know you Bill, but we may have jousted on occasion. I am truly saddened by this news. May peace and fortitude be with you as you come near your horizon.

•••
Just a very quick shout out to ALL those who have responded to my post, your kind wishes, thoughts, and prayers offered are very much appeciated, "Thank you" to all of you.

•••
Just a very quick shout out to ALL those who have responded to my post, your kind wishes, thoughts, and prayers offered are very much appeciated, "Thank you" to all of you.
Lots of strength and I hope all will get better, never lose hope. Your post will forever be on NamePros and we will remember no matter what happens. Peace Bill and take care ❤️

•••
Keep fighting! And I'm sure you know but doctors do NOT know everything so find ones that listen and don't take No for an answer.
A little inspiration to fight:
My wife, at age 30, was diagnosed with adrenocortical carcinoma (stage 4) and was told she had 6-12 months to live. Most websites state things like this about her cancer: "Stage IV. Usually not candidates for surgical resection because of the size of the tumor and the fact that it has already spread to other organs of the body." We had to go through several doctors before finding a few that we liked and after numerous surgeries (adrenal gland removal, several radiation therapies, chemo, lung lobe removal, ...), she is still here almost 5 years later (5 years is Feb 2023).

My point is, push for what you want/need/believe, get a friend or family member to be that person to help advocate for those things, and keep fighting. Best of luck sir!

•••
Nice domain, hope you receive a fair offer. Wish you well Bill

Last edited:
•••
I saw this video a few days ago and I was struck by your candidness in spite of what you are facing. As a fellow Englishman I wish you well and hope that you are able to find a buyer too.

Hopefully as a community we can get you some further coverage for your domain listing.

All the best Bill.

•••
Once again I would like to offer my sincere appreciation. It is now without doubt that I feel such and hopefully it will I be able to build a whole new strategy, unfortunately that though looks like it will not be in the present world.

Just come from receiving my update, looks like two months was "optomistic", seems like this will be "adiose amigos".

Hopefully you will be viewing this in hindsight.

Yours, Bill

•••
Bill, I'm so sorry to hear!! 😭😭😭😭

We never conversed personally but seeing from the responses you already got, it's clear you've already made an impact to the people who did have the chance to hear you talk.

I'm sure this feeling only amplifies among your friends and family. To those who ever doubted you, I hope they can feel an incredible amount of shame and regret. 😡😡😡

I know the only reason I, or the community, can thrive is because there are people like you who came before us and made a path for us to walk on. Whether that's in domaining or just experiencing a better world.

I'm sending you my biggest hug and condolences 🫂😭😭😭😭 You and your family deserved a better news and a better future together. I hope people can cherish every moment with you. The world is a better place with you in it.

•••
Just a quick note to say that unfortunately no realistic offer has been received, and more to the point the two people I approached to 'develop' the site on a purely lease format (continuous) have declined my offer.

It would be wrong of me not to post this message, so the offer I made to both was as follows:

1) First 6 months at $100 a month, payable monthly in advance.

2) Second 6 months at $200 a month, again payable monthly in advance.

3) In the second year then 5% of gross income, payable as two payments following 6 months of receipts, obviously in arrears.

4) In the third and ALL subsequent years 20% of gross income, payable again every 6 months of receipts, obviously in arrears. I of course included options for the withdrawal from the contract at 6 months, 12 months, and 24 months so as to help protect the 'developer'.

It is unfortunate that both parties I approached could not entertain the above, but that is life isn't it. Other news is that I have transferred Go.LA to my wife's name (to try and stop some of the vultures from praying on her).

Also on Saturday I extended the registration to 17th January 2032 (unfortunately the damned 10 year rule - but have given my wife instructions to constantly renew Go.LA).

That brings it to a close - I would rather lease the domain so that my wife had an income rather than sell it. But if it is not to be then so be it, it is just another headache I will leave her with.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts in the comments, they really do actually mean so much to both my wife and myself. Keep on domaining everyone, it is a wonderful opportunity - and just remember we all make mistakes, that is just being human after all. :)

•••
I hope that you had a decent Christmas and New Year given the circumstances that you face and I hope that your wife is able to make some coin from the domain - these things shouldn't be rushed I suppose. Ever since your appearance on Helmuts' show you have been on my mind and would be in my prayers if I were the praying kind - I wish you well nonetheless.

I'm sure that she is a safe pair of hands for that domain and your other ones. As long as she has honest people to turn to for questions regarding the name then that's all that is needed I suppose... instead of the aforementioned vultures who may not have the best interests of her and the asset in mind. Hopefully you are able to instruct her as to whom you trust and who you don't!!

Last edited:
•••
Back