Dynadot

question Website develop. Need some input.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ScalableDomains

ScalableDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
I recently acquired ContinousImprovement.net. I work in the industry as a consultant and am very knowledgeable. I know it is a .net and that is what I have to get started.

I need some guidance on development. Thanks for your time in advance.

I would like to create a feed from other sites (aggregate) to include a featured option (paid) and guest post option.

What the cost effective way to just to get started (MVP)? What WP theme would be the best to get started?

Thanks again

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Take a step back, and ask yourself if Word Press is the best content management system for you

•••
I recently acquired ContinousImprovement.net.

That would have been hilarious, with you being a consultant and all. Luckily you didn't, you got the correct version. Now go register the typo you just did because if you did it and you are actually knowledgeable about this subject is not hard to imagine what the average Joe will do.

Another thing I think you should see before you begin is this

Then worry about CMS :)

•••
Thanks.

ContinuousImprovement.net

•••
Feeds are tough - in WP you can get RSS feeds, but have no control over what comes in and I have never found they drive much traffic to your site. Better to find a site layout you like and use that, with Adsense options at the top and side bar. In WP, your best bet is to create great content - either yourself and/or by guest writers, use Yoast SEO with great keywords, and the traffic will come. I have also used Disqus for comments - there are pros and cons but at least you don't have to spend a lot of time managing comments.

Good luck!

•••
Your current site is not responsive. There are some nice WP themes on wrapbootstrap.com. Just select WordPress from the "Category" dropdown in the header. You can preview all the themes-- you might be able to find the same theme elsewhere.

•••
Your current site is not responsive. There are some nice WP themes on wrapbootstrap.com. Just select WordPress from the "Category" dropdown in the header. You can preview all the themes-- you might be able to find the same theme elsewhere.
Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back