Dynadot

domains We will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board - Predicts Andrew Rosener

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
One of the Top Domain Investor and industry expert Mr Andrew Rosener, Tweeted yesterday: "I don’t want to alarm anyone and I hate fear mongering…but, I highly suggest that unless you are completely financially independent and “free”, you should brace for impact. I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board. Have some physical cash on hand, raise whatever liquidity you can and cut your spending to absolute bare bones. This will be on par pr worse than 2008/9. The response will cause a spike in inflation and we will, in my opinion, see 7.5% or higher Fed Funds Rate within 12-18 months. Of course making the situation worse for most folks. Be prepared for 18-24 months of chaos, uncertainty and financial distress."

To a reader's question "what do you think is going to happen to domain values?
Rosener replies: Absolutely nothing will happen to domain values. But there won’t be much liquidity and so the price if you NEED to sell in the short term will likely be soft. Domain values are up and to the right for the foreseeable future! But the bid/ask spread for those that need or want to sell is going to widen quite a bit most likely.
Credit:
Andrew Rosener is the founder and CEO of DomainX, LLC (as well as many other things), through which MediaOptions operates, which is the World’s #1 Domain Broker, and a boutique domain acquisition & domain brokerage firm specialized in ultra-premium & high value domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Crashes are for justified correction. If you can't own that, I think you may be positioned wrong.

•••
It can happen and just the opposite can happen. You need to be prepared at all times, especially in the past 10 years and in the next 5 years. Some action is taken against bad people, not against average people. Average people can be affected, but events happen according to what good guys and bad guys do. Companies should buy domains representing their companies as diversification of assets in addition to other reasons. You can't trust stocks, but you can't trust anything else much either. Bad guys were manipulating gold, and now good guys are doing it.

Last edited:
•••
There is certainly a reckoning coming for some of the highest risk investments though.

You can see it with the collapse of Silvergate and SVB over the last few days.

SVB specialized in higher risk loans to startups. The money in that field has gotten silly during the COVID boom. It is similar to the .COM boom. It seems there were more dollars than sense.

Lots of fake it until you make it companies will be washed away. We will see who is wearing clothes when the tide goes out.

Brad
So it's probably the consequence of all that "magic printed money" from the corona time i guess

•••
I still don't get it how does it possible ? So powerful banks and got bankruptcy . Something fishy with that banking crisis . Not real Just market manipulation

•••
I still don't get it how does it possible ? So powerful banks and got bankruptcy . Something fishy with that banking crisis . Not real Just market manipulation
There is still too much risk taking. There is no learning from previous mistakes. Many employees have never experienced a major crisis. Etc.

•••
There is still too much risk taking. There is no learning from previous mistakes. Many employees have never experienced a major crisis. Etc.
It is the fundamental foundation of every crash. Greed, which leads to excessive risk taking.

Consumers are now basically dealing with record personal debts. Much of this debt has been acquired via reckless discretionary spending. Many people live well above their means.

All the excessive spending has to wait if you can't pay your basic bills.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Some folks say that they are preparing digital 666 chip implementation, most weird is that when Banks crash i got a low 5 fig offer on one of my secret domain which is related to bank biz, this was a surprise to me.
P.s. who knows maybe behind it is SVB looking to rebrand to the most important bank related domain in the world, but i m not stupid my domain is worth between mid 6 and low 7 figs.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
What you'll often see when assets fall in value, is that gold will be sold to recoup losses, especially when there are margin calls. Initially, this can have a depressing effect on the gold price (ceteris paribus), while there may be a situation of panic in the market. In the longer term, this depressing effect on the gold price diminishes.

Btw, China is the world's biggest gold consumer and buyer.

Last edited:
•••
Everything that has more or less retained its value is sold/dumped at such a moment, including shares of companies that are fine in themselves and that you would not expect to fall into disrepute.

•••
Please note that during a crisis, assets can behave completely differently than everyone expects or predicts. A recent example is the Covid-19 crisis. There was a lot of panic, but in the end it turned out to be excellent years on the stock market. Sometimes there is a large delay of effects.

The world order is being redefined and this will have consequences. It's going to be interesting years, for sure.

Last edited:
•••
•••
One of the Top Domain Investor and industry expert Mr Andrew Rosener, Tweeted yesterday: "I don’t want to alarm anyone and I hate fear mongering…but, I highly suggest that unless you are completely financially independent and “free”, you should brace for impact. I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board. Have some physical cash on hand, raise whatever liquidity you can and cut your spending to absolute bare bones. This will be on par pr worse than 2008/9. The response will cause a spike in inflation and we will, in my opinion, see 7.5% or higher Fed Funds Rate within 12-18 months. Of course making the situation worse for most folks. Be prepared for 18-24 months of chaos, uncertainty and financial distress."

To a reader's question "what do you think is going to happen to domain values?
Rosener replies: Absolutely nothing will happen to domain values. But there won’t be much liquidity and so the price if you NEED to sell in the short term will likely be soft. Domain values are up and to the right for the foreseeable future! But the bid/ask spread for those that need or want to sell is going to widen quite a bit most likely.
Credit:
Andrew Rosener is the founder and CEO of DomainX, LLC (as well as many other things), through which MediaOptions operates, which is the World’s #1 Domain Broker, and a boutique domain acquisition & domain brokerage firm specialized in ultra-premium & high value domain names.
Well I see my domains going for super cheap, which normally would go much higher, Rosener may be right, never seen such low prices on auctions before here on NP for premiums.

Last edited:
•••
You know what Rosener is doing right now?
Telling anyone that can listen that he is a BUYER right now and urges people to contact him to sell him their good names.
Just an opportunity to buy for anyone with liquidity as momentum changes all the time.

•••
You know what Rosener is doing right now?
Telling anyone that can listen that he is a BUYER right now and urges people to contact him to sell him their good names.
Just an opportunity to buy for anyone with liquidity as momentum changes all the time.

Well, if that is what he is trying to do, then he is using a wrong message. If the cash will be hit with inflation and the usual assets will fall by 30%+, what is the point selling the top-notch domains for low price that Rosener might like?

•••
Back