Dynadot

domains We will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board - Predicts Andrew Rosener

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
One of the Top Domain Investor and industry expert Mr Andrew Rosener, Tweeted yesterday: "I don’t want to alarm anyone and I hate fear mongering…but, I highly suggest that unless you are completely financially independent and “free”, you should brace for impact. I believe we will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board. Have some physical cash on hand, raise whatever liquidity you can and cut your spending to absolute bare bones. This will be on par pr worse than 2008/9. The response will cause a spike in inflation and we will, in my opinion, see 7.5% or higher Fed Funds Rate within 12-18 months. Of course making the situation worse for most folks. Be prepared for 18-24 months of chaos, uncertainty and financial distress."

To a reader's question "what do you think is going to happen to domain values?
Rosener replies: Absolutely nothing will happen to domain values. But there won’t be much liquidity and so the price if you NEED to sell in the short term will likely be soft. Domain values are up and to the right for the foreseeable future! But the bid/ask spread for those that need or want to sell is going to widen quite a bit most likely.
Credit:
Andrew Rosener is the founder and CEO of DomainX, LLC (as well as many other things), through which MediaOptions operates, which is the World’s #1 Domain Broker, and a boutique domain acquisition & domain brokerage firm specialized in ultra-premium & high value domain names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did he also predict end of world
... come on now there are 8484884 people like him predicting 4894849 diff events at 8484848 diff dates. in the end none have crystal ball... just get some views and attention.. no more to it

•••

"We will see a 30%-50% crash in markets across the board - Predicts Andrew Rosener"​

Why not 75% to 100% to make it more clickable.....fake news

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist
sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

•••
He’s right and that’s why I offloaded a bunch of domains last week. That said, quality .com will continue to rise.

I’d cut back spending and take a buck when it presents itself for the immediate future.

If anything will get highly devalued it’s the shitty pics like bayc. The nft train is going to derail.

Last edited:
•••
This one made me chuckle: There will a spike in inflation, so let's hold physical cash on hand :-D

Maybe he was referring to potential banks bankruptcies (it is ironic that banks can bankrupt :xf.smile:)

Money is the worst form of wealth storage in times of high inflation, if you put your money in a bank or you hold your money as cash you will continue to lose money either way. You need to put your money in some sort of assets like gold, land, real estates, domains..etc.

•••
I think he is right. I will watch the show tonight.

Last edited:
•••
bahahha...me I predict a 0 to 100% crash

•••
Maybe he was referring to potential banks bankruptcies (it is ironic that banks can bankrupt :xf.smile:)

Money is the worst form of wealth storage in times of high inflation, if you put your money in a bank or you hold your money as cash you will continue to lose money either way. You need to put your money in some sort of assets like gold, land, real estates, domains..etc.

Right. There is some little logic to what he says from a different perspective and in a different scenario. If the downturn is accompanied by credit crunch and inflation is not a hyper-inflation, then holding cash might give you access to assets for very cheap, beyond the inflation rate.

Other than that, the best option is, as you said, getting assets. Probably it would also be wise to both have long term assets you don't mind holding for long and some liquid ones you might need to convert to cash fast at a reasonable discount for hard times or just for the unexpected cash needs. That discount might still be a better deal than losing your cash value via inflation.

•••
Show attachment 233632

When ^^^^^^^^^^^^that happens , prepare for more collapses
Elon/Twitter may dropcatch SVB :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
1678607276699.png

Last edited:
•••
^ isn't it like 3 weeks away from April 1st?

•••
While of course a bad development, it's not like all of SVB's customers' assets are lost. Far from it, according to Moody's:

• FDIC insurance means that any money you have in an SVB bank account up to $250,000 will be fully covered. You will get all that money back.
  • For anything over $250,000 in your SVB bank account, Moody's estimates you will get 80 cents to 90 cents for each dollar deposited.
But of course, the problem will be not having immediate access to funds.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Massive Growth GIF by Digital Pratik

Ok, so if You predict 0 or crash, than I will predict growth :ROFL:

well 0percent crash could technically mean an open end for growth heheh

•••
•••
•••
How about a little SRV bailout...

•••
If the economy crashes as much as domain sherpa did when they brought in AKA man we are in for a doozy!!!!
200.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is this the anwser to all our problems??????????????
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
SVB depositors to have access to all money tomorrow.

(Joint statement by Treasury, Federal Reserve and FDIC Department of Treasury)

Show attachment 233741
This is the right call in my view. The deposited funds should be protected.

I don't really care if the bank itself fails.

However, this can't be some ongoing trend where bailouts become the norm again.

The bailout should only be for the deposits, not the bank itself, executives, shareholders, investment losses, etc.

When you invest it can't only be upside. It can't be that you either make gains or you get bailed out. That is not how the market should work.

The bank can fail while the deposits are still protected.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
US taxpayers will not be on the hook for either facility, the regulators said. But shareholders and holders of unsecured corporate bonds will not be protected by the regulators’ plan."

A bailout of Silicon Valley Bank itself was not under consideration, Yellen said in an interview with CBS Sunday.

“Let me be clear that during the financial crisis, there were investors and owners of systemic large banks that were bailed out … and the reforms that have been put in place means that we’re not going to do that again,” Yellen told CBS. “But we are concerned about depositors and are focused on trying to meet their needs.”

This move limits the contagion.

Also, those parties don't deserve to get bailed out.

Investments sometimes lose money. That is a risk.
This plan leaves the rightful parties holding the bag.

The deposits though are a different story.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Mr rosener with his great sale of nft. com for 2,000,000, he is an smart guy no doubt but he also left 18,000,000 + on the table if he would have sold a couple weeks later. ''NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE MARKET'' for every smart guy bailing ,theres a smarter guy buying . Best investor ever SAM ZELL

•••
Mr rosener with his great sale of nft. com for 2,000,000, he is an smart guy no doubt but he also left 18,000,000 + on the table if he would have sold a couple weeks later. ''NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE MARKET'' for every smart guy bailing ,theres a smarter guy buying . Best investor ever SAM ZELL
And even Zell timed things bad for one investment and lost.

Tribune marks one of Zell's rare misses

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ne-of-zells-rare-misses-idUSTRE4B77PI20081208

It happens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back