Dynadot

new gtlds We want to go on record about newly introduced domain name extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
Hello.

We want to go on record and voice our opinion on recently introduced domain name extensions.

We consider newly introduced domain name extensions such as .club, .click, .xyz and other domain name extensions, that are not a country code extension, nonviable and predict their extinction in the nearest future. If they do not go completely extinct, they may stay stagnant like .mobi does.

We do not support them, we did not register them, we do not broker them and we do not recommend them.

They do not bring any new benefits to compensate for the cost of education about their existence.

Kind regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I'd love to leave this thread to His Royal Highness and DNB to see where it goes :xf.smile:

•••
I'd love to leave this thread to His Royal Highness and DNB to see where it goes :xf.smile:
I agree - if it isn't broker, then don't fixer it.

This thread needs a link to the top. :)

•••
Hello.

We want to go on record and voice our opinion on recently introduced domain name extensions.

We consider newly introduced domain name extensions such as .club, .click, .xyz and other domain name extensions, that are not a country code extension, nonviable and predict their extinction in the nearest future. If they do not go completely extinct, they may stay stagnant like .mobi does.

We do not support them, we did not register them, we do not broker them and we do not recommend them.

They do not bring any new benefits to compensate for the cost of education about their existence.

Kind regards,

DomainNameBroker.com

And...WHOIS "We"
There is nothing new in the declaration, you're just stating the obvious, facts already known to millions.

Besides, it's normal that in market environment not all businesses or brands survive the rigors, cut-throat competition, wear and tear of time.
Right now I have on my plate 7 projects, only 3 of them are prospering. So what?!

•••
How does this thread go from a declaration on gTLDs to a discussion about the usage of the word "we"?

Oh I see... typical. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
•••
•••
What is this thread about, extinctions or extensions? Thanks.

•••
is me or does the conversation between the bot and the top remind you about this video:

•••

Attachments

• we.jpg
    we.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 48
•••
•••
I don't sell .club domains but it was perfect for a particular website and forum I created.

•••
I have a new tld ranking well. So it looks good sounds right and has results.

•••
I have a new tld ranking well. So it looks good sounds right and has results.

All tlds rank well if there is a good seo.
Without a good seo they do not rank, like .coms.
I've a project, on .club domain, rank in top 5 (google.com) for an ultra mega compeitive niche.
In 2017 .com, .net, .horse, .whatyouwant are the same for google.

•••
These folks love starting a ridiculous thread. tlds are what you make of them, just like .com. Agree though kingof.top is untoppable unless of course queenof.top wears the trousers!

•••
These folks love starting a ridiculous thread. tlds are what you make of them, just like .com. Agree though kingof.top is untoppable unless of course queenof.top wears the trousers!

I have not started this thread and I don't agree with the OP.

Until now he also failed to show me (and all others) how the most expensive domain of all time, the only untoppable domain, should be toppable (it is not) - because after all, he claimed, that "it is":
https://www.namepros.com/threads/we...n-name-extensions.1045705/page-2#post-6395643

I agree in your point that "TLD's are what you make of it" - but only if it is not a .top - because in the case of .top, it's the TLD itself, which is "making it".

FYI The domain "queenof.top" was registered by me, " | KINGOF.TOP" - so it's me who "wear the trousers". But that's not the point; what is crucial at the end, is, to which website (content) a domain will bring you.

Last edited:
•••
I have sold +100 new gTLDs until today. If they are vanishing, I am glad I was on this early :ROFL::-P

•••
All tlds rank well if there is a good seo.
Without a good seo they do not rank, like .coms.
I've a project, on .club domain, rank in top 5 (google.com) for an ultra mega compeitive niche.
In 2017 .com, .net, .horse, .whatyouwant are the same for google.

Very cool running number 2 on google exact match on high cpc but i am not running ads right now was 1 last week 3rd week before but it is competitive.

•••
Due to the fast development of the Internet in recent years, the company's website and personal websites and domain name investors common consumption,. Com,. Cn domain name has dried up, it is really hard for enterprises to find a suitable domain now.
The appearance of new top-level domain name extensions, such as .top is the requirement of the development of the Internet.
In 2012, ICANN meeting resolution through the new top-level domain name opening application proposal, .top domain name was born.
And as the same use as .com, they are both generic top-level domain and can be used all over the world.
I think a good domain name should be short ,easy to remember and suitable for your own brand.
I would rather choose at.top as my website than at.com.

•••
Com,. Cn domain name has dried up, it is really hard for enterprises to find a suitable domain now.
I would rather choose at.top as my website than at.com.

Huh? .Com is dried up? Thats simply wrong and misleading. There are 70,000 to 100,000 expired domains daily in the legacy extensions. Have you ever looked? It requires a lot of scouring. And, there are plenty of good names on secondary market. Who in real world has really heard of .Top? I have yet to see it on TV advertisement, billboard or other public display. Prove me wrong and post some real examples.

Outside the small domaining world and chinese speculators, where are the end users choosing this extension? Rather than make a broad general statement like that, it would be helpful if you researched and posted the top 100 .TOP websites and their SERP’s. Use quantcast or Alexa for some relative traffic stats. I would love to see it.

Big.Top = Circus
No.Top= Convertible
On.Top = .Com

•••
We do not find sufficient branding potential in newly introduced domain name extensions. We think they never had to see the light of day.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back