IT.COM

We Want Forever Registration!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
Let's solicit the .com registry towards it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No problem .. I think people are giving this a thumbs down without really understanding the intended target audience. It's not really meant for domainers, and I'm not really sure why @Welberch would want it as a domainer?

Because of course it doesn't make sense for a domainer who bought a domain at $50 to expend an extra 800% when those funds could be used to leverage the size of their portfolio instead.

But for a company that wants long term piece of mind, or wants to put everything up front for accounting purposes, then it's a good thing for them.

I personally am not a fan of domains being completely off the market forever in the case the person dies and there are no further instructions on how to deal with the domain. It'll just sit there forever.

That being said .. if you're going to spend 40k as a domainer on a domain, and you've left instructions on what to do after your passing with the registrar, then at 1% of your investment for the domain, the extra $400 could be more easily justified.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back