We can’t go further than 50 USD for this domain

Labeled as advice in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by theodore_zhou, Dec 10, 2019


  1. theodore_zhou

    theodore_zhou DNN.ME,WCC.ME,VXDF.COM,TJVQ.COM,ZYHY.COM for sale.

    Likes Received:
    i have a keyword niche hot market com domain and i googled most related goole keyword search terms points to a market top player globally with a .ai domain main website.
    so i reach to them through their online support form.
    a few days later they came to me asking how much so they can forward to their bosses.
    i replied low XXXX for a quick deal,a few days later they replied this way:
    Thank you for your offer, but we do not have budget for your asking price. We can’t go further than 50 USD for this domain.

    can anyone kindly suggest me how to response to it?
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. gilescoley

    gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Likes Received:
    A few things to consider...

    Are you happy with the price??
    How much did you pay for it?
    Are there a lot of end-users for the name?
    Is it a new niche that hasn't fully developed yet?

    If you need the cash, go back with $400 or 500 and see what they say.
  3. Brands.International

    Brands.International Marek VIP

    Likes Received:
    Maybe they speak about montly rent of USD 50 ? :)

    If they indeed speak about sale and their max is 50 USD, I would stop wasting my time there (unless you want those 50 USD of course)...
  4. theodore_zhou

    theodore_zhou DNN.ME,WCC.ME,VXDF.COM,TJVQ.COM,ZYHY.COM for sale.

    Likes Received:
    thanks for your advise.
  5. cipcip

    cipcip Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Likes Received:
    Bare in mind that what we think it is awesome and never seen before and huge keyword, usually is not the case, like 90% of the time. People tend to think that their domains are the best, when in reality, they are not.

    If you are happy with the $50 and you know that no one else wants the domain ,go for it.
  6. NickB

    NickB VIP

    Likes Received:
    One bit of advice......try and contact the decision maker of a company directly not via a contact form or someone who does not control the budget

    "so i reach to them through their online support form."

    The way you have approached them is very unprofessional and you have not reached out to a decision maker directly with your proposition. This has put you on the back foot straight away imo....

    "a few days later they came to me asking how much so they can forward to their bosses"
  7. bmugford

    bmugford PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

    Likes Received:
    Seems like a waste of time unless you are willing to take close to their offer.
    Some deals are not meant to be.

  8. theodore_zhou

    theodore_zhou DNN.ME,WCC.ME,VXDF.COM,TJVQ.COM,ZYHY.COM for sale.

    Likes Received:
    Yes.i will.try.just a bit lazy not that easy their bosses.
  9. .X.

    .X. In God I Trust VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Likes Received:
    They countered with less than a 3 figure offer, Let it ride unless you are prepared to accept the 50 IMO
  10. NickB

    NickB VIP

    Likes Received:
    Try the below it is a scraping tool you can use on LinkedIn
  11. Mister Funsky

    Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

    Likes Received:
    Some good advice in this thread.

    If you send a sales pitch through a contact form or email blast, there is a chance an underling would see the value in the name and may want to buy it themselves (to sell it to management later either directly or anonymously). Although this did not happen to me, I know someone this scenario applied to.

    Always try to find the highest ranking executive and/or the head of tech for the company.
  12. Bob Hawkes

    Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

    Likes Received:
    Good advice offered. If it really is a hot keyword, and has no other limitations (like negative or confusion re spelling or visual look) then $50 seems too low and probably best just to politely reply in the negative.

    However, I agree with the point that @cipcip makes that we almost always have a more positive view of our own domains than other people do.
    If you have not already, I would privately get a few friends, or people on here in private DM, to give you a second opinion.

    Occasionally I am told really low offers eventually become high ones. So depending on the time you have and other options, you might try to negotiate up, which I guess you already have.

    I think it is also excellent advice to try to sell them on a payment plan or a rental. That way they are not firmly committing a lot, and you run the risk they may drop it after a few payments, but you will get some revenue and they may, bit by bit, pay a decent amount for the domain name. In case you did not see it I covered payment plan options and questions to ask in this post.

    It really comes down to how likely you feel you will be to get other offers within your hold window. If that number is reasonably positive in your opinion, then wait for them. If you only invested hand-reg and would rather have firm money now I would try to get him up to $$$.

    Best wishes whatever you decide. Only you can make the best decision based on your circumstances and on the research and analysis you have done on the domain name.

    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  13. Dave

    Dave Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

    Likes Received:
    This is the biggest problem with outbound. Puts you in a weak negotiating position from the start, and is why I rarely do it and only do so for domains I want to get rid of or don't plan to renew. Also works well for GEO domains too.
  14. mani0307

    mani0307 Top Contributor VIP

    Likes Received:
    I have faced same situation where i send xxxx offer but they said we only offer $90 but after i send my final offer $500 and few days domain sold..
  15. frank-germany

    frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

    Likes Received:
    I guess they reached out to the decision-maker already on your behalf
    the low offer shows that you haven't qualified as a serious seller

    I expect you don't want the $50 USD

    Tell them fine, we have a deal,
    you are going to prepare the $50 USD / month lease
    "please send me the contract details"
  16. dennisok

    dennisok Established Member

    Likes Received:
  17. keston57

    keston57 Established Member

    Likes Received:
    The waiting game starts, are you prepared to wait them out, what other options do you have, they are fully prepared for the game.
    Counter with your best final offer.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice