IT.COM

question Way to know where the afternic sales comes from ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello all,

Is there a way to know if an afternic sales comes from landers or not if I use afternic landers ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, he phrased the question correctly. If you use DAN landers, some of your sales will come through DAN (direct visits) and some through afternic.

If you use afternic landers, all sales (pretty much) will come through afternic but some of them will come directly through the landing page and some through their network. It's a legitimate question.

I got a better question for the OP though - why would you ever use an afternic lander? I very much doubt that conversions will be high enough to compensate for their commission.

I guess that's what you're trying to find out, but I just think the visitors who buy domains through type ins won't care much about the platform if they truly want the domain.

•••
In most cases they check firstly at their preferred registrar...
And if not offered by registrar - they visit this domain directly.
Totally wrong, my domains are listed through main marketplaces, including afternic and godaddy. I didn't sold anything through godaddy this year and through afternic for a few months, but I'm selling constantly through dan (landers) whois search and sedo lately.

•••
No, he phrased the question correctly. If you use DAN landers, some of your sales will come through DAN (direct visits) and some through afternic.

If you use afternic landers, all sales (pretty much) will come through afternic but some of them will come directly through the landing page and some through their network. It's a legitimate question.

I got a better question for the OP though - why would you ever use an afternic lander? I very much doubt that conversions will be high enough to compensate for their commission.

I guess that's what you're trying to find out, but I just think the visitors who buy domains through type ins won't care much about the platform if they truly want the domain.
I also have doubt but i want to be sure...
A friend of mine (bulk seller) have best overall results with afternic landers, that's why i want to split test...
I split test between domain.io / dan / afternic (ns5/ns6) , i would have results within a few weeks...
I put a markup on afternic to cover extra fees.

But for a better results i need to know from where comes afternic sales...landers or not.

•••
•••
•••
AfternicDLS works regardless of any lander...
Most endusers use GoDaddy, where they search and checkout their desired domains.

p.s. Recently POWER.PRO was sold on GoDaddy via AfternicDLS for ~$20K by @DNGear
It was parked on DAN lander.
Just 1 example that lander doesn't matter.
I dont speak about afternicdls, i make some sales everyday using it.
I speak about godaddy bin LANDERS.
I want to know if there is a way to know if my sales comes from landers or adternicdls.

•••
And all your Afternic domains with BuyNow prices?
Or just MakeOffer?

It works mainly in BuyNow mode, exactly how I said above.
99% of them and they are listed on both of them, they just don't work

•••
@DNGear can confirm it as well...
She parks on DAN, but most her BuyNow sales (including 5F) were done via Afternic... and most domains were transferred to GD.

•••
Not customer facing at the moment. The sales team would know though. If you have a rep at Afternic they can tell you if you ask them. The team is working on ways to make inquiries and sales more transparent to everyone for their domains. They have been doing a lot of work on the Afternic platform this year. More to come.

•••
Via GoDaddy searchbox, almost all.

•••
•••
I already answered above.
Majority of Afternic's sales are generated by GoDaddy, minority - by other registrars.
Their lander doesn't matter at all.

Last edited:
•••
I already answered above.
Majority of Afternic's sales are generated by GoDaddy, minority - by other registrars.
No
If use an afternic lander i will make sales using my landers and not their partners.

•••
AfternicDLS works regardless of any lander...
Most endusers use GoDaddy, where they search and checkout their desired domains.

p.s. Recently POWER.PRO was sold on GoDaddy via AfternicDLS for $19,888 BuyNow by @DNGear
It was parked on DAN lander.
Just 1 example that lander doesn't matter.

Last edited:
•••
Then change your thread title, it is very misleading...

2021-11-06-190422_936x80_scrot.png

And tags as well.

Last edited:
•••

•••
not for my market

•••
Your market is from another galaxy???

p.s. And if you know all answers - why you ask???
no, just from the dark side of the moon :)

I dont have all answers, that's why i ask a question here.

I'm testing testing testing testing for years...to have answers... without tests you could bulshiting all days in domaining...

it's an easy test here : I want to know if I could make more money using dan or afternic landers ?

Last edited:
•••
Then GoDaddy lander certainly.
GD brand is many times more credible than DAN brand (mostly known only among domainers).
And that's why even Sedo lander beats DAN lander easily for BuyNow sales.
Nothing to test here.

•••
•••
These DAN landers are not even indexing by Google crawler a few months already...

Comparison must be competitive, not apples VS oranges.

Last edited:
•••
These DAN landers are not even indexing by Google crawler a few months already...

Comparison must be competitive, not apples VS oranges.
which landers do you use ?

•••
which landers do you use ?
On DAN?
Standard lander.
Were no issues with Google prior DAN 2.0

Another half of my portfolio is parked on Sedo or Bodis.

Last edited:
•••
On DAN?
Standard lander.
Were no issues with Google prior DAN 2.0

Another half of my portfolio is parked on Sedo or Bodis.
Why dont you use afternic if it CERTAINLY bring you more money ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back