IT.COM

question Was YES.com sold for 7 figures?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just read on somewhere that Yes.com was sold for 7 figure . Anyone can confirm?
Kind regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
So they have all that money and uses Let's Encrypt for a Certificate... that is ... no words.

•••
•••
I am not saying it is not a great service, but Let's Encrypt in my opinion is for starter websites / domainers that want to secure their websites, not for multi-million dollar owners that can afford a better one.

•••
I am not saying it is not a great service, but Let's Encrypt in my opinion is for starter websites / domainers that want to secure their websites, not for multi-million dollar owners that can afford a better one.

Why should I pay $250 for a SSL when my site didn't even require to have SSL?

•••

I do admit that when I heard of it I did think of the, apparently true, story that Bill Gates and Warren Buffett were at a meeting, and decided to go out for lunch. They went to McDonalds, but to make it even better when they got to counter Buffett, who had offered to pay, reached into his pocket for discount coupons! Bill Gates told story in a foundation letter, so apparently it is true. Just cause you have millions, no reason not to save a few dollars!

•••
Why should I pay $250 for a SSL when my site didn't even require to have SSL?
All sites are now recommended to have SSL and soon, will be required to!

•••
All sites are now recommended to have SSL and soon, will be required to!
Yes, its required because Google forces it. Otherwise no one want to have SSL on simple 2 page site which didn't even require to login nor its sell anything online.

If i have those site like above stated then I will definitely not going to pay $1 to $250/for a SSL, I would be happy with Lets encrypt/ Cloud Flare free SSL

Last edited:
•••
Yes, its required because Google forces it.
Not quite just Google but this is one of the better initiatives/moves by Google!
And yes, even for a 2 pager, I'd prefer to have it over SSL! just my personal preference and opinion

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back