Dynadot

question Was there ever a case study about .com emails are more prone to being opened?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I was about to give some BS to a potential buyer that emails from .com email addresses were more prone to being opened by the recipient of the email because of some psychological feeling of trust towards the familiar .com domain extension?

Was there ever a study done like this? I would think there was one at some point. If so I can't find it.

Sure would be useful to domainers to have that on hand. definitely would give .com domains "legit" status.

i mean they do studies about a lot of ridiculous things that most people don't care about.

anyone?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,
I was about to give some BS to a potential buyer that emails from .com email addresses were more prone to being opened by the recipient of the email because of some psychological feeling of trust towards the familiar .com domain extension?

Was there ever a study done like this? I would think there was one at some point. If so I can't find it.

Sure would be useful to domainers to have that on hand. definitely would give .com domains "legit" status.

i mean they do studies about a lot of ridiculous things that most people don't care about.

anyone?

@Bob Hawkes

Sorry Bob, you would probably be the kind of person to know :) I know you did a lot of reporting on what TLDs are being used most for spam. Kinda related so... ;)

•••
my pitch would by buy a .com because some case study proves that people are more inclined to open emails from .com domains because it is believed to be trustworthy or familiar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back