Dynadot

Warning ** Shill bidding on Ebay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know where to report possible shill bidders on Ebay? I was scanning through, looking at Enom reseller accounts when I noticed one user bid on every item that a particualr user was selling, so I did a little research.

It appears that hippking has bid on over 10 enom reseller accounts from namecomp. Hippking is also the high bidder on every other item that namecomp is currently selling. Something seems fishy here and I would like to notify Ebay, because this just doesn't look/ feel right. Can anyone share the link or report it yourself if this looks shady to you?

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...rid=hippking&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like namecomp has a second account so he can bid higher then other people so they can raise the bids...tisk tisk

•••
Re: ** Warning ** Shill bidding on Ebay?

Originally posted by dmyre
Does anyone know where to report possible shill bidders on Ebay? I was scanning through, looking at Enom reseller accounts when I noticed one user bid on every item that a particualr user was selling, so I did a little research.

It appears that hippking has bid on over 10 enom reseller accounts from namecomp. Hippking is also the high bidder on every other item that namecomp is currently selling. Something seems fishy here and I would like to notify Ebay, because this just doesn't look/ feel right. Can anyone share the link or report it yourself if this looks shady to you?

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...rid=hippking&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=25

Go to the eBay help page/popup window. Search for "Seller Shill Bidding". Click on the first link. Go all the way to the last paragraph, and click on the "report" link. Took me long enough to find it, but I guess eBay likes to hide these things to avoid too many inquiries.

•••
this is normal , most people do it, or used to, before they cracked down, i said it in a few posts about pool and otherplaces also

never trust an online acution when you cant see the people face to face. companies do it , people do it more

i even used to do it on ebay 3 and 4 years ago to sell online game characters

easily add on few hundred bucks doing it. and if it is a big company they can obviously add on much more
culinary.com for 100k , no way was that real

•••
Yeah, unless it's nickle and dime stuff, you don't want to buy expensive things unless you want it pretty bad. Another word for ebay is "scam city".

They're all about protecting sellers, but they don't give a rat's *** about the buyers.

•••
Originally posted by eclectro
Yeah, unless it's nickle and dime stuff, you don't want to buy expensive things unless you want it pretty bad. Another word for ebay is "scam city".

They're all about protecting sellers, but they don't give a rat's *** about the buyers.

They don't usually protect sellers unless they are Power Sellers (high volume) :notme: I have a rating over 100, and I still get my auction listings pulled now and then for rediculous reasons. Most recently, I listed BryantKobe.com with a start of $1 or $9.99 (can't remember) with no reserve. Without any explanation, the listing was ended and when I wrote, eBay responded:

We feel at this time items exploiting the current events regarding Kobe Bryant are innappropriate for sale on eBay.

Exploiting? Hmm. That's funny because all the other Kobe memorabilia on eBay was still going strong, and it's a court case, not as severe as someone's death, or a catastrophe, etc. eBay sure didn't stop those people who were listing 20+ copies of $4 Space Shuttle Columbia flight guides and patches for $150-200 each :yell:

•••
I am glad I stick to selling small stuff so I don't have to deal with this.. I just like watching people have a bidding war over your item.. that is fun :)

•••
I sell only personal items on ebay too!
I don't trust ebay or paypal too much

•••
the reason ebay pulled your kobe.com auction is because they didn't want all the bad press they would have gotten on cnn about online auctions selling kobe junk.

Ebay is probably still sore after the shuttle crash and all the bad pr they got with everybody trying to sell pieces of it.

If it's a hot potato, ebay WILL drop it.

•••
They sure didn't mind having Lady Di stuff listed after her untimely death. I seem to recall that someone was even trying to sell pieces from the car wreck (if you can believe that!).

Back in it's youth (before it started trading on the Stock Market), eBay was a nice place to move "yard sale" items. I routinely would be able to sell a $5.00 item for $20.00. Not a bad return. Unfortunately once word got out everyone got in on the action, and soon eBay was full of all types of "characters".

I know this has gotten away a bit from the shill bidding topic but I just thought it would be good to share my 2 cents with the Np'ers out there.

ST

•••
Yup, ebay used to be a great place for getting cheap stuff too! (It still is, occasionally), but now I have seen so many ebayers selling their items with a low price and a ridicously high shipping quote. Kind of sick of it :(

•••
Originally posted by eclectro
the reason ebay pulled your kobe.com auction is because they didn't want all the bad press they would have gotten on cnn about online auctions selling kobe junk.

Ebay is probably still sore after the shuttle crash and all the bad pr they got with everybody trying to sell pieces of it.

If it's a hot potato, ebay WILL drop it.

But they already have and continue to sell plenty of Kobe "junk"....go to eBay and you will find 1803 (at the time of this post) items when you search for Kobe Bryant. There is stuff like:

It's KOBE MANIA!!! This Auction is for One Lego NBA Box of Players. It is number 3563 with Toni Kukoc, Jason Kidd and KOBE BRYANT!!! For Use with Lego's Slam Dunk Series of Toys! Get this one now, as with the latest in the ongoing Kobe Investigation, word is they are being BANNED & Pulled from Store Shelves all Across the Nation, which has made them One HOT Commodity!!!

Now why isn't that pulled? Oh wait, the seller has a 772 feedback rating...that's why :laugh:

•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
I don't trust ebay or paypal too much

Why don't you trust paypal. If used correctly no one should have problems with it and if you pay for something that your not happy with then they do a pretty good job of refunding your money!

•••
Originally posted by jj2ii3344
Yup, ebay used to be a great place for getting cheap stuff too! (It still is, occasionally), but now I have seen so many ebayers selling their items with a low price and a ridicously high shipping quote. Kind of sick of it :(

I hate it when they do that! Evil-doers indeed!

•••
just wanted to give my opinion on ebay. for me this is probably the greatest website ever. i have made plenty of money and got some awesome deals on ebay. there is always going to be somebody that will try and scam you or whatever but if you take the proper precautions you will be ok.

•••
That's true, there are always some people that try screw someone else over...

•••
See my other posts... lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back