IT.COM

Warning Level

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Board addon

wow, now a warning level ;) and the threads we started are now highlight!

Good work mods!

Steve

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps moving it underneath our online status or the date posted?

edit: is it only new posts we make that are highlighted?

•••
What is "Warning Level" @ top right on every post mean ???

•••
Re: Warning Level

Originally posted by sibaong
What is "Warning Level" @ top right on every post mean ???

I believe the staff can give you "warnings" using this, and then when it reaches a certain limit: bang, you're banned.

I could be wrong ...

•••
•••
•••
I love it :hearts:
It will surely put a stop to spamming posters and "empty" posts.

:bingo:

•••
:) more polite feature to banned someone :D

•••
•••
Public humiliation...good tactic -RJ-

•••
I think some explanation from a mod is in order. A little "heads up" on what to avoid, how many warnings constitute a ban, etc.

Nice feature,
ST

•••
And so the hunt begins for somebody with +1 ;)

•••
Iv'e been wondering about that too. I wonder if it does it automagically or if a mod has to manually set the level?

•••
•••
What level do you get banned on? :D

•••
Originally posted by Rob
And so the hunt begins for somebody with +1 ;)
:lol:
Great feature! :)

•••
i like the warning level, i dont thinik anyone is warned though

•••
NamePros now has a warning system that will allow staff to issue notifications to rulebreakers and keep track of repeat behavior and what not. The "warning level" premise is that after a certain number of negative points, a users account status would be in jeopardy. Spamming, for instance, could be worth 5 points lasting 90 days, with 25 points earning a ban.

As a staff we will be fine tuning and adjusting the system as needed and involving member representatives in the discussion as well.

We'll probably make the warning system less public than it appeared this morning. I don't see a need to show a warning level on every single post -- 99.9% of users will not have one anyway.

•••
I agree with making it less visible. Maybe only those with "warning points" need to be visible.

Nice work RJ,
ST

•••
IT appears to have disappeared to us now

i like the public humilaiation though sp*

•••
Originally posted by acts837
Public humiliation...good tactic -RJ-

very good tactic :tu: lol

•••
gone ... show in public for a limited time only :]

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
very good tactic :tu:

That was not a tactic, the new "Warning" system was being devised, implemented, and tested at the time of occurence(s).
We're continuing to work on it here internally ... and the Member Rep's will be contacted for their inputs on it, as well! :talk:
Like all that we do ... we want to make things as fair and reasonable for ALL members to the best of our abilities. Sometimes this balance is disturbed by members who go outside of the Rules, and this will help us to better track those members/offenses, warn them fairly and with reasonigs, and ultimately keep things here as smooth and efficient as possible, IMHO.

Originally posted by -RJ-
As a staff we will be fine tuning and adjusting the system as needed and involving member representatives in the discussion as well.

We'll probably make the warning system less public than it appeared this morning. I don't see a need to show a warning level on every single post -- 99.9% of users will not have one anyway.

Righto, for the overall activity and growth of the site ... we have amazingly low comparative incidents of unprofessional bahavior, in my view.
Do incidents happen from time-to-time? Unfortunately, yes ... just like in the real world.
Are we quick to find the culprits on most occassions? I think and hope so, and feel awful when we don't. :guilty:
Do some members get banned and then attempt to come back on the site? Yep, and we find 'em ... typically before they even got to the front door!
Are their repeat offenders? Yes, and though usually those (individual) offenses are minor in nature ... this new "Warning System" should work in addressing that effectively going forward to limit their cumulative effect, in my view.
All the best! :music:
:wave:

•••
How do you become a member rep?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back