Dynadot

WARNING! Bitcoiner.com being used for scam!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Akuma

Impact
Hello, I'm from another forum, but am here to warn others as well. I will provide screenshot proof of everything if staff give me permission to, as it is all based on another forum.

Someone posted a thread listing Bitcoiner.com in auction with a price of $500, never said it was BIN or starting bid.

I placed a bid for $425, and was outbidded by $500, then someone else placed $1,000. I knew they would outbid me so I left it be.

Got online today and received a contract over the forum, which was weird because I knew I was outbidded.

Then, the contract terms were also unordinary:
Selling domain Bitcoiner.com which expires on: 2022-11-26 with full access to account GoDaddy.com and registered protonmail account login details.
(Reading this now, makes me think he has infected the owners computer and is trying to sell the whole account as is because they know a transfer will be stopped.)

Everything is looking bad. So I view their profile, and see that this user has also initiated contract with THREE other people who placed a bid on the domain.

I instantly contacted all of them, so far 2 have told me they will not be buying.

Will someone please get a GoDaddy rep involved ASAP! This can get ugly QUICK!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You bid, they bid, others bid.
Infected computers...

What are you talking about?!

•••
Why don't you email GoDaddy about your concerns, than alarming people across the general discussion section? Might be more productive

•••
Why don't you email GoDaddy about your concerns, than alarming people across the general discussion section? Might be more productive
In case the person is on here. I didn't put 2 & 2 together until I made this thread.

He's selling email and GoDaddy account access instead of the domain, that is exactly what someone would do if they were worried about not being able to transfer it out successfully, I blew that off at first.

My connection is in NL, I can't read GoDaddy.com or Gmail.com on this. Might do it on my other connection, just wanted to let this community know.

•••
@kor @jhm

Just got out of chat with GoDaddy Tech Support, they've escalated to the investigation team and gave me a "Case ID", and told me I will be able to receive updates on the situation. Hopefully they lock the account and require KYC, also, that this domain doesn't get dropped, and the rightful owner isn't screwed dealing with the verification process.

We'll see!

Last edited:
•••
You could try and alert @JackTemplin on Twitter. He's owned it for a while untill it went under privacy ('18). Maybe he's still the owner?

His email is linked to some other bitcoin domains going under privacy at the same time, same exp. date.

Check whoxy.com or maybe someone could digg a bit further with access to a paid service.

•••

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back