Dynadot

Want to know as beginner

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rahul rai

Impact
I saw that most of $10 k sale on name Bío is around 10yr old domain registered so what you do you think A new domain how much time takes to get sold b/w in $5k-$10k sale ? and what should i consider when domain purchase ? Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can also pick up drops worth that amount if timing right and luck and some more luck finding something in demand.

•••
Domaining is not get rich quick undertaking. A name can sell at anytime or never. No guarantees about time to sell etc.

Study and learn before you start buying. You will thank us later.

•••
The person above me just gave you the best advise there is. Follow it.

•••
A terrible domain can still be a 10 year old terrible domain. Age is not the only factor.

•••
Depends on the name, and/or current trend, and/or anticipation of future appeal.

A new domain can sell for thousands, an old domain can sit stagnant for years. And vice-versa. There are no guarantees. A lot nuances in domain investing rely on your adeptness at naming or data analytics. Both require hard work and the willingness to experience downfalls and a positive attitude to learn from them.

Some stuff sells out of the blue, with no seemingly immediate rationale. Other stuff makes sense, because it aligns with popularity or name quality, or just even a desire to corner a certain niche or use as a resource because of its history.

What you need to consider beyond all else is not what other domains have sold for, but what your domain can offer to a new buyer going down the same path, or even looking for a new path. Does it have potential beyond your own excitement for it?

•••
You need to read a lot and do tons of research.

•••
•••
Number of extensions registered is a good indicator.

•••
Usually there will be back orders for valuable names . So they don't often get deleted from the registry, I guess.

Last edited:
•••
Age is not always the answer. If it's good or someone really wants it, it would definitely sell. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back