NameSilo

Want to be winner at the domaining game

Located in ☆ Networking - Meet and Greet, started by TECHNO111, Jul 6, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. enterscope

enterscope Domain Investments VIP

I do not see one good domain. Wealthician.com is almost decent, but not quite.

If you had these, they would be good:

Art.co.in (single word in non com)
    FlyingCars.com (ss is no good)
    SpeakFX.com (Speak FX makes sense)
    BlockchainDigital.com (The plural doesn't make sense)
    DogPlay.com (the gg is no good)
    GamingPC.com

You see the difference? Buyers will actually want to buy them.

When you hand register 3 word+ or 2 word gTLD then you are most likely getting junk.

It is better to save your money and buy 1 really good domain, than waste money and renewals on hard to sell domains. 1 quality domain will be much easier to sell. As an added benefit, quality domains will attract more attention to your portfolio as you acquire more names.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. enterscope

enterscope Domain Investments VIP

For example, 50 domains x $10 is $500.

On July 4 a few days ago, someone bought Pewz.com (not me) on Godaddy for $565. That is 1 domain at roughly the same price that could easily sell for double or more than what they paid in short time. The domain could sell for $5-20k+ in the long term.

That's just an example. And the domain is only $9/year to keep. To renew 50 domains is $500/year so even if you sell 1 domain for $500 you are only breaking even for the year.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  3. Jason Baudendistel

Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc

Welcome. Suffering you haven't seen anything yet. No crying such a waste of tears we've only just begun.

4. Jason Baudendistel

Jason Baudendistel CEO Wibbets Inc

I like go foody go and Wealthician , maybe buygamingpc.com those are the three I would keep don't see value in the others.

5. redemo

redemo Established Member

Register ➤ Develop ➤ Monetise ➤ Sell

6. TECHNO111

TECHNO111 New Member

Hi Thanks and sounds great , I can try to do that and have done it with one site, but getting traffic is not easy any suggestions on that please

7. redemo

Getting traffic is very easy if you really help people and follow the rules.

8. DomainGaze.com

DomainGaze.com Established Member

Your words are worth their weight in gold. I understand that hand registering crap domains can be addictive and prove expensive, but if one doesn't understand what makes a domain potentially valuable then they risk spending way more on aftermarket names that would also not sell and then lead to panic. Plus, so many names are sitting in the aftermarket because they didn't sell. Like you mentioned, auctions can sometimes inflate prices too much.

Bottom line is to know how to assess a domain's worth and not get too trigger happy while making purchases. That isn't easy and I guess most of us learn by making those mistakes to different degrees.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  9. TECHNO111

TECHNO111 New Member

Great and I am gradually - avoiding buying - pulling the trigger - can you please elaborate , few pointers - how to assess the worth before buying and if it has great potential. I know most of people like to hide aLL this but I thing there is enough for all to enjoy

10. redemo

Yesterday I renewed a domain name for around $ 10. That site earned $ 30 from ad commission in the past 7 days. Develop and monetise. Don't drop.

11. TECHNO111

TECHNO111 New Member

How to get good add commission? I ran adsense on 1 of my sites. Its hardly making pennies? can you guide me

12. br1ll1on

br1ll1on Established Member

with 7 months into domaining and 8 sales (all $xxxx each from drop regs) of 250ish ,
    here is my little advise
    - stick to .com only until you have better experience
    - pay attention to big sales and find out why they sold for that value
    - pay attention to big auctions find out why ppl are so interested in it
    - start small (drop reg are mostly $10, some go for $59)
    - cheap doesn't always means bad and expensive doesn't always means good
    - price your domain properly (don't overprice)

oh and domaining isn't quick money
    Wish you the best.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  13. TECHNO111

TECHNO111 New Member

Wow , Thats really good 8 sales , which is the market of sale most desired- afternic/godaddy auc, dan or which

14. TECHNO111

TECHNO111 New Member

When You say drop regs - does it mean - expired/ archived, or bid against the dropping ones? and is it better for more aged and other parameters?

15. DomainGaze.com

DomainGaze.com Established Member

I am far from being an expert, but there are plenty of things you'd learn from reading in this forum.
    Start with the latest blog post by @Bob Hawkes . A quick search on Google for Namepros newbies or beginners would get you to a lot of useful posts or, better still, you could just search the forum directly. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  16. TECHNO111

TECHNO111 New Member

Thanks a ton , for sharing so much insights and links . Will go through all . As ne query , suppose I research and get decent names, whats the best place to list them for sale nowdays? Thanks

17. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

wrong thread

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  18. leland

leland Premium Domain for sale Gold Account

Hello,
    Welcome to NamePros ~

19. ecigs.net

ecigs.net NOTolga VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Welcome to NamePros my friend. :xf.smile: Be careful not to over buy. Renewal fees can become quite a burden.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice