Dynadot

advice Want advice on "Should I sell my domain Afternic"?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali321

Impact
Hi there,

I have listed my website on afternic 4 months ago...

Today I received this email from them saying that my domain has been sold...

and now they are asking me to give them my domain transfer authentication code...

I searched the internet for their reviews... and I found that they had a lot of problems with paying sellers after the deal, as a lot of people are not saying good things about them on Trustpilot and g2 . com, and also here too.

Right now, I need the funds, but I am not willing to risk my website to them as I have read several comments about them that after transferring the website to the buyer they will never pay or overdue the payments of the sellers.

But Afterall, it is a GoDaddy brand...

I am confused What should I do? any advice would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have sold lots of names through afternic and have never had any problems and I have never heard of anyone on NP not receiving the money after a sale?

Last edited:
•••
asking me to give them my domain transfer authentication code..
Give them the code. They'll pay you. Enjoy the money

Congrats on your sale

•••
Never had any problem with them.
Just sold one today.

Last edited:
•••
Give them the code. They'll pay you. Enjoy the money

Congrats on your sale
Is there any kind of warranty that they offer? cuz after sending them the code I will have nothing in my hands. and this is my only and lovely website that I don't want to lose for nothing... so sorry if I am a bit annoying.

Last edited:
•••
@Ali321 Congrats on your sale! Afternic facilitates millions of dollars worth of domain sales every year. There's a transaction assurance team that will guide and assist you through the sales process and a support department that will help out if necessary :)

•••
Hi there,

I have listed my website on afternic 4 months ago...

Today I received this email from them saying that my domain has been sold...

and now they are asking me to give them my domain transfer authentication code...

I searched the internet for their reviews... and I found that they had a lot of problems with paying sellers after the deal, as a lot of people are not saying good things about them on Trustpilot and g2 . com, and also here too.

Right now, I need the funds, but I am not willing to risk my website to them as I have read several comments about them that after transferring the website to the buyer they will never pay or overdue the payments of the sellers.

But Afterall, it is a GoDaddy brand...

I am confused What should I do? any advice would be appreciated.
It's a little confusing the hesitation since you did list there 4 months ago, there must have been a reason for that. But yeah, they're legit. Login to the site and input the code. Not sure if you got some email asking to send it thru the email.

•••
ccc.png

It's not Epik so you can trust them.
I just sent them the code 30 minutes ago

•••
Afternic is legit. There are always going to be negative tp reviews for any large company. But non payment at Afternic is usually due to the buyer having difficulties or abandoning the purchase, or the seller not having a proper payment method set up (or living in a country whose banking/financial processes make payment difficult or impossible). As long as the buyer completes the transaction and your payment method is set up correctly and works smoothly in your region, payment will be made by Afternic just fine.

Also, when you log in to your Afternic account and you click on the pending domain sale: after you perform each part of the transaction, message the agent. There's a little link that allows you to send a message to your transaction agent. This isn't a random support link, this goes straight to whichever agent is assigned to your domain's transaction. To update them through this link often speeds things up greatly because the message shows up as a prompt to them.

For example, I had an Afternic sale late last week. The buyer had already paid and Afternic sent me an email asking me to input the domain's auth code. I logged in to Afternic, clicked on the domain sale link, input the auth code in the field provided for that, then immediately after that I messaged my agent that the auth code was sent.

The agent literally initiated the transfer within a couple minutes. Then I went into my registrar account and manually released the domain for transfer. After that, I immediately went back to Afternic and messaged my agent that I had released the domain and it was now in their registrar account.

If you don't message the transaction agent, the transaction will still go through normally. But when you message them at each step, it makes communication clear and instant. And if you get one of the more efficient agents, things plow through fast. I was paid less than 12 hours after my first notification that the domain was sold. Payment was quick due to my always messaging the agent after I complete each step.

Some agents are slow. Or they're in a different time zone so hours are not the same? But usually, when I message them, they're pretty fast. I always thank them, through that message link, whenever they do things quickly in response to my messages.

Good luck!

•••
@Ali321 You have sold your domain name, NOT your website. Congratulations, just send them the auth code, they are 100% legit.

•••
If requested by Afternic, you can entrust them with the authorization code to initiate the domain transfer. Enter this code through Afternic's secure website as instructed. Before doing this, make sure that the domain is unlocked through your registrar.

What I do find strange is that you apparently decided to use Afternic 4 months ago and are now suddenly starting to have doubts about the company.

•••
Can you share the e-mail address where the auth code is requested from you?
Is there a sales confirmation when you log in to your account?

If you want to complete the sale, share the auth code only on afternic.com

•••
•••
Why did you make a bin if you were unsure about the platform? Respect your commitment and proceed. As long as you have filled out all the info properly you will be paid.

•••
Never had any problems getting paid with Afternic.

•••
FYI. I received the payment from afternic today.

•••
I have sold lots of names through afternic and have never had any problems and I have never heard of anyone on NP not receiving the money after a sale?
Any strategy ? or just listed?

•••
If their process is like Godaddy, then it's all good. Just be patient with the arrival of the payment. It may take a few days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back