IT.COM

information VPN.com LLC has filed a multimillion lawsuit

NameSilo
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
VPN.com LLC has filed a multimillion lawsuit against long time domain investor George Dikian (California), Qiang Du (Hong Kong) and John Doe at the US District Court (California).

The lawsuit involves a $250,000 payment in Bitcoin and $6.625 million in owed commissions on multiple transactions involving 96 premium 2N.com and 3N.com domains.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So many questions after reading this news post.

•••
not sure what someone thinks they are getting out of not completing a transaction but good luck to both parties.

•••
John Doe used a VPN and they can't locate him?

•••
•••
•••
The full complaint can be read at:

https://onlinedomain.com/2022/07/28...s-26-million-lawsuit-against-domain-investor/

I don't know what VPN[.]com is thinking, but this complaint doesn't put themselves in a good light.
Beyond the obvious lack of due diligence (e.g. they don’t mention ever authenticating the parties by phone – everything appears to be via emails), there’s the hilarious “commission” that they negotiated for themselves (see paragraphs 23-25 on page 6 of the PDF):

https://onlinedomain.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/1-2022-06-29-VPN-Complaint.pdf

VPN[.]com’s own own website, on the Intellectual Property → Domain Names page, claims:

" We Never Charge More Than 15%"

:ROFL:

Another reason to deal with "Principals Only."

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps this incident will bring stricter legal requirements for the domain industry.
This is bad news for us.

•••
There is another thread about this same person about Gato.com. I am afraid both are scam and not involving the real domain owner.

Screenshot_2022-07-29-09-04-15-228_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
This namepros users is probably part of the fraud @garyford his skill at manipulation based on his posts are frightening, has to have years worth of scamming experience

•••
•••
•••
What do you think? Is it the real domain owner involved? He is a very rich guy owning 2 numbers domain and a bunch of 3 numbers domains. They are might be more than 100 millions dollars in value. How can he involve in a scam? It might be spoofing even it is said not spoofing in this case.

Last edited:
•••
This is not a good look for anyone involved.

I especially don't like this part -

After several rounds of negotiation with Dikian, Dikian agreed on an acquisition price of $2,250,000 net to Dikian. After several rounds of negotiation with Du, Du agreed on an acquisition price of $4,400,000 to be paid by Du. VPN’s net proceeds for brokering the deal would be $2,150,000.

It seems like a broker trying to play both sides of the transaction - not representing the buyer or seller, just representing themselves. A bad look. IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
i always had a hard time closing deals with John Doe,
this guy is everywhere and nowhere

greed is good

•••
•••
•••
What an interesting story! I got stuck going down the rabbit hole of articles and comments everywhere that I blew all my free time to get other stuff done. haha. Forgive me for asking as I don't know all the "big players", but since a lot of people feel it was hacked/spoofed, why hasn't the Dikian guy or his legal team voiced his opinion on what happened?

•••
What an interesting story! I got stuck going down the rabbit hole of articles and comments everywhere that I blew all my free time to get other stuff done. haha. Forgive me for asking as I don't know all the "big players", but since a lot of people feel it was hacked/spoofed, why hasn't the Dikian guy or his legal team voiced his opinion on what happened?
Might be after he was informed about the legal issue. If you have 100 millions dolars, you don't have any time to market your domains, nor have time to join forums to read news. I worked to a boss who have more than 100 millions $. He even didn't aware he has a house in suburb area, until some one reach him asking if the house owned by him. His other house, valued more than 2 millions $, had swimming pool full of moss, hasn't been visited for 2 years. He has 48 cars, from the luxury brands, most were not even used in a year.

Last edited:
•••
Might be after he was informed about the legal issue. If you have 100 millions dolars, you don't have any time to market your domains, nor have time to join forums to read news. I worked to a boss who have more than 100 millions $. He even didn't aware he has a house in suburb area, until some one reach him asking if the house owned by him. His other house, valued more than 2 millions $, had swimming pool full of moss, hasn't been visited for 2 years. He has 48 cars, from the luxury brands, most were not even used in a year.
Did he have memory issues or was he on drugs?

•••
Did he have memory issues or was he on drugs?

He has some royalties from airplane and many products. Very clever guy, even a profesor in US University. But assets are not a problem for him, since he has everything.

Last edited:
•••
why hasn't the Dikian guy or his legal team voiced his opinion on what happened?

I would imagine they will do so in court, where it matters, and that they may take up the issues raised by the other side's out of court statements.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
From the absurd commission they negotiated for themselves by playing both the buyer and seller broker, to what seems like getting scammed from a lack of due diligence, to the lawsuit itself...

It looks really bad for VPN.com and their credibility. IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back