Dynadot

trademark Vocal trademark ? - Iron fist example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mtaly

Established Member
Impact
So here is the case

lets assume that ironfist is a trademark and the company has the ironfist dot com .. which is very popular and highly ranked on WWW

Now I did a little search and found that misspelled word was registered a lot in different ways like:

ironfis.com (Parked)
ironist.com (Parked)
ironfit.com (registered and down)
ironfst.com AVAILABLE but has the same sound like being an abbreviation.

So what about registering the last available one legally?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And for what goods or services is it a trademark?

Is it a famous mark?

What is the domain name to be used for?

Those would be relevant questions before even getting near an actual answer.

In general, this is what is meant by "identical or confusingly similar" in the UDRP, and "likelihood of confusion" in US trademark law more broadly.

Confusing similarity can be based on visual similarity, phonetic similarity, etc..

•••
And for what goods or services is it a trademark?

Is it a famous mark?

What is the domain name to be used for?

Those would be relevant questions before even getting near an actual answer.

In general, this is what is meant by "identical or confusingly similar" in the UDRP, and "likelihood of confusion" in US trademark law more broadly.

Confusing similarity can be based on visual similarity, phonetic similarity, etc..

It is a service provider & news website, however, I found the other misspelled domains in many marketplaces for sale.

Back to your point, the US trademark law more broadly, I am not a US citizen or resident & what could be done, can they sue the registrar ?

Thanks

•••
•••
Hey I am agreed with those questions asked by jberryhill and second talk is that even you are not citizen of America but its a global place online and you will deal by them accordingly online laws.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back