IT.COM

sales VIP Brokerage & DomainAssets.com Close 7-Figure Sale of EE.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Due to their rarity, we don't see many 2-letter .com sales, especially ones with repeating letters but today we have one for you! We have learned that VIP Brokerage and DomainAssets.com worked together to close a seven-figure sale of EE.com in one of the year's highest sales reported to date: https://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2021/dailyposts/20210714.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Never beard of them, but what a way to hear about them. 7 figures.. is 7 figures. Congrats!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
7 figures. Congrats for seller

•••
It wouldn't surprise me if it was sold to EE the mobile network here in the UK. They have their names with CSC Corporate Domains though, and EE.com is at Godaddy. Maybe it's on its way there?

•••
I thought only single word domains prices that went down.(n) Now we see two letters domains follow as well

Market has matured .....:cautious:

•••
I thought only single word domains prices that went down.(n) Now we see two letters domains follow as well

Market has matured .....:cautious:
There needs to be a buyer that's willing to spend the amount. When you're presented with an offer like that I bet its hard to refuse when you've held onto an asset for so long and you can't shift it otherwise.

•••
There needs to be a buyer that's willing to spend the amount. When you're presented with an offer like that I bet its hard to refuse when you've held onto an asset for so long and you can't shift it otherwise.

Either develop domain or sell it ... (y)

•••
•••
2021 is looking good so far with great sales.

•••
this domain was sold to cheap

everyone in the uk knows the conpany ee

but many in the states wont have heard of the company

but the company bt which owns and uses bt . com

bought

ee

which uses ee. co.uk

for £12. 5 b

and ee .com

sold for 940k gbp

thats why as uk domain name investors we have to ignore much of domain name waffle from the states as many domain name investors in the states dont understand the uk website address market

ee .co. uk

bought for £12. 5 b in the uk by a uk conpany didnt need the .com because the brand os a household name that everyone in the uk and the uk cctlds .uk and .co.uk are strong cctlds in the uk

•••
Great sale, thanks for the info.

Last edited:
•••
•••
this domain was sold to cheap

everyone in the uk knows the conpany ee

but many in the states wont have heard of the company

but the company bt which owns and uses bt . com

bought

ee

which uses ee. co.uk

for £12. 5 b

and ee .com

sold for 940k gbp

thats why as uk domain name investors we have to ignore much of domain name waffle from the states as many domain name investors in the states dont understand the uk website address market

ee .co. uk

bought for £12. 5 b in the uk by a uk conpany didnt need the .com because the brand os a household name that everyone in the uk and the uk cctlds .uk and .co.uk are strong cctlds in the uk

Yes . Domain prices are going down . It is very clear , few are welling to pay millions of dollars !

•••
Yes . Domain prices are going down . It is very clear , few are welling to pay millions of dollars !

If that's true. Buy the dip.

•••
If that's true. Buy the dip.

It is true prices are going down .

ee.com would have been sold for 5-7M , years ago.

Single word domains & EMD they are going down too .

Billions of funding rounds happened to companies with average domains !!! :whistle: End-users don't want to pay millions of dollars to premium domains anymore !!!

Last edited:
•••
Gone so Cheappppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!

•••
It wouldn't surprise me if it was sold to EE the mobile network here in the UK. They have their names with CSC Corporate Domains though, and EE.com is at Godaddy. Maybe it's on its way there?

The article says it went to a buyer in China.

Not surprised, in the UK the EE mobile network was bought up by BT who use BT.com, they might even eventually rebrand EE. EE had previously rebranded T-Mobile and Orange in the UK as EE.

Earlier EE was EverythingEverywhere and bought the domain everythingeverywhere.com in 2010 for £1900.00 before rebranding as EE - reported at https://domaininvesting.com/everythingeverywhere-com-sold-for-1900-gbp/

Last edited:
•••
When I see 'EE' I think of English Electric/ General Electric.

Double vowels. A really tidy domain name!

Congrats.

•••
The article says it went to a buyer in China.
You're quite right, thanks for pointing that out. Definitely not to EE on the UK then.

Last edited:
•••
Back