IT.COM

question Value of Keyword Searches

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Southtexas81

Established Member
Impact
I'm looking to buy a domain name that has 9,000 monthly worldwide searches for the exact name.

The buy it now price is $2,000. The Godaddy Appraisal is $1,700.

Is this a good deal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keyword searches are not as important as you think when it comes to domaining. If you are looking to buy a domain to build a website on, then that can be a little different.

But I don't really care about searches (search volume) when looking for a domain name to buy. What I care about most is if I can see an end user wanting the domain. This all comes back to the extension, how many other related sites there are to the domain, age etc.

Hope this helps.

-Omar

•••
I'm looking to buy a domain name that has 9,000 monthly worldwide searches for the exact name.

Hi

what is 'monthly worldwide searches" ?
and where do you think those searches were done?

how can you verify that any results are accurate?

also, who do you think performed those searches and why?

lastly, why do you think any phrase/term/name,etc. that has "9000 monthly worldwide searches" somewhere in the world, is valuable or worth buying as a domain name?

these are some questions you should be able to answer, if you think associating searches with value, is valid reason to buy a domain name.

finally, no one can tell you what anything is worth, without know what the actual names are.
and.... if you divulge it before acquiring, somebody may get it before you if it's worthy.

just saying..

imo...

•••

The buy it now price is $2,000. The Godaddy Appraisal is $1,700.
Hard to say without seeing the phrase. But i can assume that it might be something worth $20-50 at the max. Don't buy it at $2K!!! Unless you are the end user for this phrase. And you did good that asked here at NP )))

•••
Hi

what is 'monthly worldwide searches" ?
and where do you think those searches were done?

how can you verify that any results are accurate?

also, who do you think performed those searches and why?

lastly, why do you think any phrase/term/name,etc. that has "9000 monthly worldwide searches" somewhere in the world, is valuable or worth buying as a domain name?

these are some questions you should be able to answer, if you think associating searches with value, is valid reason to buy a domain name.

finally, no one can tell you what anything is worth, without know what the actual names are.
and.... if you divulge it before acquiring, somebody may get it before you if it's worthy.

just saying..

imo...
Hard to say without seeing the phrase. But i can assume that it might be something worth $20-50 at the max. Don't buy it at $2K!!! Unless you are the end user for this phrase. And you did good that asked here at NP )))
I understand. I didn't say the name because I don't want someone here to buy it if its worth it.

•••
Back