IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm curious why Ment.al has value over the others?
This is a personal opinion and I am not a domain expert.
A valuable (good) domain hack is one that impresses you when you see it. To sell a domain hack, you need to find a buyer who will be impressed by the domain you are offering. That domain should be related to a conventional business or should be a creative idea.
Ment.al can be used by any startup and has many other (sub) domain hacks (aug.ment.al etc). Most of the other domains are good only to conservative business on the www who do not appreciate the enthusiasm of a trendy domain. (But I have been wrong many times before, and I might be wrong again on my judgement of these domains)

•••
•••
caught this one today: scams :gl:

•••

Wow, first sc.am, now sca.ms, talk about cornering the market:kickass:

•••
•••
@htmlindex: Congrats on Weddin.gs!! Very nice sale!! :tu:

•••
@htmlindex, @domainhacks thanks :)

•••
Heres an available one for you hack lovers.. :)

Agricultur.al

•••
vir.al was sold to a friend of mine for low $x,xxx and I was convinced to sell it just because he has an interesting project behind it :)

EDIT: Seeing dental.net is a dental insurance comparison site I might possibly do something similar with my domain dent.al which would definitely be interesting :)

Last edited:
•••
I do have the domain haemoglob.in
Haemoglobin in the Red Blood Cells is the common element present in all the Human beings for our existence.

Any idea about its value ?
Currently I have an offer for $ 497. Does it worth more than that?

•••
I do have the domain haemoglob.in

Any idea about its value ?
Currently I have an offer for $ 497. Does it worth more than that?

I would think that is a great price for that name. I really cant see how someone would use it for development. IMHO

•••
a list of .al domains for sale is at this URL: http://host.al/en/domain/userdom/id/876 . These are on sale and available at a bargain price.
Most of them are region oriented (worthless), but there are some very nice domain hacks too.

Last edited:
•••
a list of .al domains for sale is at this URL: http://host.al/en/domain/userdom/id/876 . These are on sale and available at a bargain price.
Most of them are region oriented (worthless), but there are some very nice domain hacks too.

Toni's are of a much higher quality than the ones in that link.

:wave:

•••
I really hate some of the systems the smaller cctld's use. I was waiting a few years ago for Aud.io to drop on the exact day, and all I would get is

" domain is unavailable - too many requests"

Because of this I couldn't register it, someone was able to though, and they resold it for $5,000 within a week:'(

Last edited:
•••

I don't see where they have the prices listed for those domains. What do I need to click on to see prices? I recognize most of the hacks on the list as names once registered by myself, Toni, ricrellim, and a few other guys.

I think all I have left in .al is Mutu.al

•••
How much do you guys think first name hacks will sell, for example Ben.ny? I guess Matt Mullenweg's (the man behind Wordpress) blog, ma.tt is cool, and because domain hacks mainly serve a "collector's item" purpose, it makes sense to me if personal name hacks are more in demand than a normal dictionary word hack because a name is associated with multiple persons and there's a scarcity and source-of-pride effect to it. A non-name hack, on the other hand, is often used with commercial intent and I've read that its downside is that you can potentially lose traffic if you don't own the .com counterpart of it. (e.g. owning weddings.com if you attempt to put up weddin.gs for commercial purposes). Anyone has a take on this?

•••
Weddin.gs is a cracking sale. Nice to see gbp also :)
Htmlindex Was end user coming to you?

One of mine not posted before is furnitu.re
Dropped by accident and managed to reregister it up earlier this year

•••
I worry that hacks will not perform via voice search , any thoughts?

•••
port.al sold for amount in the x,xxx$ range (buyer does not want to exploit the exact amount).
I am very happy with the sale though!

Last edited:
•••
Nice catch .TV

You're lucky I haven't been online lately or else it would have been mine. :sold:

•••
not mine, but one of the funniest hacks i've seen is diet.co.ke

•••
•••
Nice catch .TV

You're lucky I haven't been online lately or else it would have been mine. :sold:

thanks xman, yep, I was surprised to see this one available! :) :bingo:

•••
•••
Ever been contacted by coke themselves? Surely they have a trademark on this??

I always thought co.ke was an SLD owned by the .ke registry and used by companies like google.co.ke

As for trademarks when it come to hacks, try searching for some articles on quant.as

It's an interesting story although full of questionable parts.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back