Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yea I know Plus.rs but it looks a bit difficult to handle for me. If anyone else knows something else please share.

I just use Google Chrome with Google Translate & it's easy to use for me :)

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

A few more added to my collection:

Inmobiliario - "Real Estate" in Spanish
Apartamento - "Apartment" in Spanish
Ropas - "Clothing" in Spanish
Roupas - "Clothing" in Portuguese
Viviendas - "Housing" in Spanish

•••
@htmlindex / @STP

I have used instanco.com successfully recently. Use this link to get to their english version: http://www.istanco.com/domain/rs/domainchecker.php

24.20 EUR for each reg. How does that compare in price? Last time I checked there were still a few moderate rs hacks available.

•••
@html Nice job, you keep getting these international non-english hacks these are very nice. Any end-user success so far?

@william Plus.rs has them at 16EUR I think and it's the cheapest I know but I still don't know how to handle it very well ( I have problems when translate isnt working after they email my order and i dont know how to pay lol ).

•••
@htmlindex / @STP

I have used instanco.com successfully recently. Use this link to get to their english version: http://www.istanco.com/domain/rs/domainchecker.php

24.20 EUR for each reg. How does that compare in price?.

Yeah, I checked out that site too but it is quite a bit more though so that's why I went with the other.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

@html Nice job, you keep getting these international non-english hacks these are very nice. Any end-user success so far?

@william Plus.rs has them at 16EUR I think and it's the cheapest I know but I still don't know how to handle it very well ( I have problems when translate isnt working after they email my order and i dont know how to pay lol ).

When you place an order with Plus.rs, you also pay for the order during the order process. I'm pretty sure I did this too.

I've had no enduser sales so far, but I haven't approached any really. I had an enduser contact me for once of my hacks & we negotiated a price & I started the Escrow transaciton but then came up with an excuse of his business partner bought another name instead. Not a worry for me as I am sure this name should really sell for more than that price to someone else.

•••
Instra is one of the worst domain registrars I've ever seen. Avoid them as hell. They are getting lots of complaints from domainers all the time. They are scamming people not only through EuropeRegistry, with their other websites like AsiaRegistry, AmericaRegistry, and AfricaRegistry. Not only they have ridiculous pricing for domains, they are monitoring searches, and even they are sniping good domain names from the registration requests. "Rug.by" is one of the best domain hacks, I missed through them.

I also recommend avoiding 101domain.com. I tried to register some domains with them and after paying for them and 2 weeks later, they still were not registered. Fortunately they refunded me and I went elsewhere. They also charge extremely inflated prices.

I've often wondered whether registries monitor domain searches. Does anyone know if this is true? I know the feeling when you find a gem that is available and you're desperate to get it registered before someone else!

•••
.io, .as, .to, .ug are expensive ccTLDs
Why do you invest in non english domain hacks, where the market is almost nonexistent? I guess a lucky sale would be 2x reg fee for these ccTLDs

•••
I also recommend avoiding 101domain.com. I tried to register some domains with them and after paying for them and 2 weeks later, they still were not registered. Fortunately they refunded me and I went elsewhere. They also charge extremely inflated prices.

I've often wondered whether registries monitor domain searches. Does anyone know if this is true? I know the feeling when you find a gem that is available and you're desperate to get it registered before someone else!

They sure do. GoDaddy is notorious at this kind of #$%# but many are doing it. This way I lost big.ch but learned my lesson.

@Ioana
Before a market can exist it must be non-existent, right? :) htmlindex has some nice words and these will sell sooner or later and on way more than 2x regfee. it only depends how many renewals are you paying. Bafta!

•••
They sure do. GoDaddy is notorious at this kind of #$%# but many are doing it. This way I lost big.ch but learned my lesson.

@Ioana
Before a market can exist it must be non-existent, right? :) htmlindex has some nice words and these will sell sooner or later and on way more than 2x regfee. it only depends how many renewals are you paying. Bafta!

In that case, the best choice is playing lotto, it is cheaper and funnier :p
The market isn't made by domains, but by buyers. So you can't expect creating a domain market by regging domains. Anyway, this is my point of view.
Thanks

•••
I didn't mean that. You're right, buyers do the market as long as you have the right products for them. And IMO foreign domain hacks are worse than english but they still have a lot of potential as for ex at least in Spain people are expecting Spanish words not English and Spain is a good market. France too, others too. The buyers are there, they just don't know it yet ;)

Salut.

•••
Consider that many folk still do not know what a domain is, let alone a domain hack ....... that is the challenge

•••
These are my only two hacks and the first ones I registered. Any thoughts on them?
Thank you

BRISTL.ES bristles

BRITCH.ES britches

•••
try loopia.rs

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

I just use Google Chrome with Google Translate & it's easy to use for me :)

---------- Post added at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

A few more added to my collection:

Inmobiliario - "Real Estate" in Spanish
Apartamento - "Apartment" in Spanish
Ropas - "Clothing" in Spanish
Roupas - "Clothing" in Portuguese
Viviendas - "Housing" in Spanish

Inmobiliario is adjective, the proper noun is Inmobiliaria. Get a refund if possible.

•••
•••
Anyone know how to register a .ng TLD? It seems Nigeria do offer this but for around $50k! I see that bi.ng resolves to bing.com and shoppi.ng is "coming soon". Prob many more examples.
meeti.ng could have some value. Anyone have a spare $50k? lol

•••
sold a couple of dot in hacks on sedo

the last one being loughl.in for $300

•••
I only have one hack and I'm using it for email:

RVEL-textcopy.gif

Love it!

•••
Anyone know how to register a .ng TLD? It seems Nigeria do offer this but for around $50k!

thought at first you were joking.. went to 101domain.com/ng.htm $50,000/year ...do they have any coupons?

*thanks for this rare knowledge

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
thought at first you were joking.. went to 101domain.com/ng.htm $50,000/year ...do they have any coupons?

*thanks for this rare knowledge

They need to sponser their emailers ......if you know what i mean

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I have used that site a few years ago, it is a handy site

•••
•••
If the price for .ng is under $1000, I will buy ki.ng

•••
I don't know, nor do I want to know. :D

Want to buy Tappi.ng? :)

:wave:

So you wouldn't be interested in so.ng / meeti.ng / you.ng / livi.ng / writi.ng / readi.ng / weddi.ng / testi.ng... where do I stop?! Considering recent hack sales, some of these could be worth $xx,xxx

Tappi.ng will likely grow in value. Though it's definitely not worth $50k :imho:

•••
fyi, .ng domains can be registered for $50,000 USD
Yup, that is the price of registration.
Only company willing to pay that price is Microsoft which owns bi.ng

•••
So you wouldn't be interested in so.ng / meeti.ng / you.ng / livi.ng / writi.ng / readi.ng / weddi.ng / testi.ng... where do I stop?! Considering recent hack sales, some of these could be worth $xx,xxx

I own the plural version Weddings & the $xx,xxx range is what I'd be looking for it as Weddings are a huge industry & big money is to be made from it.

•••
I own the plural version Weddings & the $xx,xxx range is what I'd be looking for it as Weddings are a huge industry & big money is to be made from it.

Wow :gn:-, I know i've searched for that before including words ending in gs but the best have obviously gone. Do you have any other decent hacks? I see through sedo that you own wi.gs too :lala:

Also, how do you feel about monetizing the weddin.gs domain? Obviously wedding/weddings.com appear to be done quite well. I own scoote.rs and am considering doing this. I understand the public may not yet understand hacks, though I strongly believe it will grow. You just have to remember where to put the dot, no need for an extenstion :cy:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back