Payoneer

Undeveloped vs Sedo vs your choice.

Discussion in 'Domain Marketplace Reviews' started by Tshombe, Feb 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

?

Number 1 Choice for sales/offers/inquiries.

1. Sedo

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. Undeveloped

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Uniregistry

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Godaddy

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. Afternic

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Own landing page

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  7. Other

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  1. imadoer

imadoer Active Member PRO VIP

From my experience. Afternic dls and anywhere i point my NS i will get offers.

Uniregistry gave me thw worst inquires possible. Sorry don't reccomend them at all.

Flippa? Lol i dont think i ever sold a domain there.

One place you didnt mention i like namejet to auction my stuff. I do well there

Sedo eh i only undersell stuff there to domainers. Rarely will i get a enduser sale there. I don't recommend their parking. Redirect your ns elsewhere or forward your domain names to the sedo sales landing page

Im using undeveloped for landers at the moment i do like them but its temporary until i have my own finished. I have made plenty of sales there but im sure they all came from my NS

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. MetBob

MetBob Established Member

Thanks for all the excellent commentary on your experiences, @AvantBellwether !

Your post prompted me to check the top 100 sales of 2018 (Namebio) and figure out where they were sold, and it supports your positive view of traffic at Sedo.
    Sedo 36
    Namescon 15
    Undeveloped 14
    Namejet 7
    GoDaddy 6
    Private 5
    Domain Market 4
    BQDN 3
    Afternic 2
    ParkIO 2
    Grit 2
    Drop Catch 2
    Many at 1 (Domain Next, Registry, Brandaisy, Above, Magnum, etc.)

For those who sell domains in the lower price range, the $60 minimum at Sedo can represent a big chunk of the domain proceeds.

3. WillW

WillW DMindex.com Business Account

I had two of my domains pointed to Sedo for 5 minutes but then I realized that their landing pages sucked (Sorry Sedo) so I switched them both to Efty.

All of my domains are either pointed to Efty or Undeveloped.

Ask Jeeves, he'll know.

4. jamaltq

jamaltq sedg.com VIP

Namejet & Sedo is the best for me.

5. Undeveloped

Undeveloped Founder @ Undeveloped.com Undeveloped Business Account

Just note that these list aren’t usefull. We haven’t published 90% of our sales and after the last time we shared our sales got quite some pushback from sellers to not share their sales anymore. Besides that Sedo has 5,000,000 domains parked with them. So of course they’ll publish more sales but does that mean that they’re more effective than other marketplaces? I don’t think so 😉

6. nohbdyduzitbett

nohbdyduzitbett Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

As stated earlier in this thread, I currently have all of my domains parked at Undeveloped. I really like the sales lander. However, I have only had one successful sale there in 2 months, and I am thinking about moving the domains back to Sedo. I am open to having someone at Undeveloped look at my accout to see what I am doing wrong or what I need to do to be a more successful seller in that marketplace.

7. Undeveloped

Of course! Always keep in mind that every single portfolio is different. There are good and bad months (January & February are historically not great months, from March on the market expands again) and good and bad portfolio setups. On a daily basis, we help a lot of sellers by providing them tips to improve their sales ratio. We see so many sales a day that we can now spot improvements relatively easy.

Please send a portfolio review request via our support chat while logged in. Our team will provide you with feedback usually within 24 hours.

8. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. Business Account

SELLDOMAINS
    &
    own landingpages

It doesn't mean that I would exclude UNDEVELOPED or other possibilities / marketplaces.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 8:04 AM
  9. Tshombe

Tshombe Established Member

@Undeveloped Thank you very much for getting involved in the thread. I was hoping to hear from you. As I mentioned before your landing pages take the crown in this. So excellent job there. Still wondering about the exposure though.

10. Tshombe

Tshombe Established Member

I'm also hoping someone from @Uniregistry can come out and explain their pricing issue.

11. xynames

xynames Established Member

When it comes to landing pages, the outfit that creates the landing pages for you whether Undeveloped or Uniregistry or whatever, has nothing to do with your exposure. Your landing page is landed on only if someone is looking for that domain name - your domain name is pretty much all there is to it. You will get just as much exposure with your own landing page as with the landing page from Undeveloped, Uniregistry, etc.

On the other hand, at an outfit like Sedo or Afternic, people will find your domain after a search of their database, and in such cases the exposure of the outfit itself is what helps along your sales. I've had my domains all listed at Sedo, Afternic, DomainAgents, Undeveloped, Uniregistry - all of them - from these only Sedo, Afternic and DomainAgents have produced closed sales. I did get offers at Uniregistry, but no closed sales lately. At Undeveloped - no offers, nothing.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 1:03 PM
  12. MetBob

I understand how some sales must never be reported, but in terms of statistics do any of the major marketplaces report the number of sales they have in a year, and the number of domains they have listed (I know the latter is available for some, e.g. Afternic, but not sure about the former). It would be helpful information to have.

13. Undeveloped

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

You get the same traffic indeed on your own landers but definitely not the same conversion ratio of visitors that turn into actual buyers.

You also mention you have no offers at Undeveloped (while not using our for sale pages which is key). I'm not surprised since you joined us recently (November 23rd) while your inventory was exposed for years at Sedo and Afternic.

14. Undeveloped

From the data that we have this is how the market looks like:

Undeveloped: 2,700,000 domains listed of which 710,000 parked

Sedo: 19,000,000 domains listed of which about 5,000,000 parked directly and a large number of names forwarded from other parking providers or home made landers (we can't track those).

Afternic: 13,000,000 domains listed of which 240,000 parked.

In terms of exposure, I think you're referring to the distribution engine that both Sedo and Afternic have. Since both companies started that model years ago it's impossible for new entrants like Undeveloped to compete on that front. Distribution parties have already integrated for example Sedo MLS and aren't keen to do a new integration as it's quite a headache to implement MLS.

Now Afternic is only performing so well in terms of sales because they are acquired by Godaddy and ever since that acquisition happened Godaddy kicked out all other marketplaces and only allows Afternics inventory to be promoted in Godaddy's search. As you know Godaddy controls a large piece of the market so that's why listing at Afternic is a good idea.

At undeveloped, we're working on an open domain pool to democratize access and promotion of secondary market domains to all instead of building closed networks like Sedo and Afternic. You can learn more about the Domain Pool here: https://www.slideshare.net/RezaSardeha1/udp-unused-domain-pool-by-undevelopedcom

We invite everyone to join this open network to increase liquidity in our market for all. So that's our attempt to get in that market but with an open model in mind.

I always advice, all our sellers to list their names on any marketplace they'd like to work with. We don't demand any exclusivity as it's our goal to get you more sales not just to increase our own bottom line. But the best setup is to use our for sale pages in combination with leveraging the distribution engines that other marketplaces have in place until the Domain Pool is live and adopted as the standard network.

15. MetBob

@Undeveloped thank so much for the detailed information, both on numbers and on the open vs closed networks. It is helpful information for all of our community. It is really great that you are so responsive, both here and elsewhere. Thank you.

16. BrandBoogie

BrandBoogie Business Member Business Account

Undeveloped!! I just joined last week and already got a sale! Their landing pages are the best I've seen. Love the 12 month payment option. You can add a logo if you like. It's extremely easy to manage when you need to make changes in bulk (Takes only minutes what used to take me hours, even days to do). The sales process is flawless!! Their customer service is outstanding. They basically do all the work for you. It's the easiest sales platform I've ever used.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!