Each component has its own function and purpose. For instance, the domain extension helps identify the attributes of a website, such as its owner, purpose, or geographical location. Furthermore, it plays a crucial role in the domain name system (DNS) lookup process as it points users’ web browsers to the correct IP address.
Generally, TLDs don’t directly affect search engine optimization (SEO), but they can influence customers’ perceptions of your business website.
- .biz – a great option for any business.
- .store – recommended for online stores or eCommerce sites.
- .com – the most popular domain extension for any website.
- .ltd – intended for limited companies.
- .io – popular among many tech companies.