IT.COM

.tv Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation Assembles Team of Award Winning Producers, Editors

NameSilo
Watch
Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation Assembles Team of Award Winning Producers, Editors and Animators to Produce the Sponsor Me Hawaii Ala Moana Bowls Contest

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif., April 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation has put together an award winning, technologically savvy, and well-rounded team to produce the Sponsor Me Hawaii Ala Moana Bowls Contest in Hawaii June 14-26, 2010.

Clio award winner and CEO of Ubiquity, Chris Carmichael, heads the production and design team of Emmy Award winner Steve Jacobs, Emmy award winner Dave Alverez, Academy Award winner John Lamb, IMAX 3-D filmmaker Mike Prickett, world famous television and film composer Eric Allaman, and Ubiquity's Director of live webcasts, Daniel Swiney.

Ubiquity's Impressive team has been assembled to increase production value of the Sponsor Me Hawaii Ala Moana Contest. Coming off of a strong 2009 Sponsor Me Hawaii Ala Moana Bowl's production, this seasoned team of award winners will blend with Ubiquity's latest compression technology to deliver a webcast and simulcast experience unlike any other in action sports. Coupled with the latest in Broadcasting Equipment, Sony HD and 3-D Cameras, Ubiquity will broadcast the Sponsor Me Ala Moana Bowls contest live, on the internet, mobile devices, and to Time Warner Oceanic Cable.

Chris Carmichael has produced numerous television shows for 20/20, ESPN and has also produced music videos and many movies. Chris, also an action sports athlete said, "Broadcasting live action sports events is what I was born to do. Ubiquity's Broadcasting capabilities allow delivery to all three screens, (internet, television, and mobile devices). We are going to change the way people view action sports." Chris won a Cleo award for his exceptional work in producing an RC Cola commercial.

Emmy Award winner and producer Steve Jacobs said, "Ubiquity is at the forefront of broadcasting technology." Steve was the Senior Producer for the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather. While Steve was Executive Producing for CBS News Special Events, Sir Howard Stringer of Sony handpicked him to lead Sony's Broadband Strategy and Alliances division, and did so for the past 10 years.

Emmy Award winning Editor Dave Alverez said, "I look forward to working on the most cutting edge projects and broadcasts in action sports." Dave won an Emmy award for his editing work in "Eye on LA", and will be editing all of the pre-build sequences for the production.

Academy Award winning producer John Lamb will bring his experience and expertise to the production team. John said, "I am always excited to be working with Chris Carmichael and the creative company at Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation." John Lamb is among Hollywood's innovators in animation design. John won an academy award in the Scientific Technical Achievement Category for inventing the Lyon Lamb Video Animation System.

Mike Prickett's work as a Director of Photography in the field of action sports is recognized around the globe. Twenty-four years of underwater experience and fourteen years as the lead cinematographer for the ASP World Tour of Surfing have given Mike the unique ability to capture images rarely seen on ocean or on land. His peers in the film industry consider Mike one of the premiere underwater cinematographers in the world. Most recently Mike has finished an IMAX 3-D production titled "The Ultimate Wave Tahiti", that will be in theatres later this year. Mike is well known in the industry for risking life and limb in 60 foot plus swells to capture that perfect shot "Ala Moana Bowls is one of the better places in the world to produce an event, the location is perfect and you won't find much better surfing anywhere else in the world," said Prickett.

Eric Allaman is a world-renowned composer. He has scored and composed music for 28 films and 500 episodes of television. Eric will be in charge of music and sound design for the production.

Ubiquity's Director of live webcasts, Daniel Swiney, has done over 100 live broadcasts, and revolutionized the live surf webcasting industry by introducing live HD Flash Streaming. "The Sponsor Me Hawaii Ala Moana Bowls Contest is one of my favorites to do because of the beautiful location and raw talent in the contest", Daniel Swiney said.

Ala Moana Bowls is a beautiful location for a live broadcast. It is nestled in between the beautiful Diamond Head volcanic range and the bustling metropolis of Honolulu, Hawaii. Ala Moana provides a perfectly organic backdrop with its amazing surf and picturesque location. Ubiquity is going to take the live broadcast of the Sponsor Me Ala Moana Bowls contest to the next level of broadcasting and simulcasting.

About:

Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation

Redefining content creation and distribution for the digital age, Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation is a next-generation company, creating the world's first ubiquitous network, where content distribution is platform and screen independent. With more than 60 worldwide patents and patents-pending, Ubiquity is accelerating the ultimate convergence of media: mobile, internet and television. UBC redefines broadcasting for the digital age, placing the UBC network at the forefront of a fully global, mobile society. In addition to its technology developments, Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation also produces and distributes video coverage for the upcoming "Sponsor Me" series of Action Sports events. The company is privately held, based in San Juan Capistrano CA.

For more information on Ubiquity's technology, applications and innovations, please visit Ubiquity ::

Sponsor Me

Sponsor Me is a digital Multi Media Company with its roots in action sports. Sponsor Me is creating contest opportunities for rising athletes in action sports like surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding, motocross and others. The contests are supported by live webcasts via the Sponsor Me site and delivery to mobile devices. Sponsor Me competitions will be held regionally, judged by the pros, and the winners will go on to compete on a national level where fans will have the opportunity to vote online and via SMS. For more information please visit Sponsorme.TV :: About Us.

Sony Corporation

Sony Corporation is engaged in the development, design, manufacture and sale of various kinds of electronic equipment, instruments and devices. Sony operates in five segments: Electronics, which develops, designs, manufactures and sells electronic equipment, instruments and devices for consumer and professional markets; Games, in which Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. develops, produces, markets and distributes PlayStation 2 (PS2), PSP (PlayStation Portable) (PSP) and PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) hardware and related software; Pictures, which encompasses motion picture production and distribution, television production and distribution, and digital content creation and distribution; Financial Services, which includes the activities of Sony Financial Holdings Inc. ,and All Other, which comprises Sony Music Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc. (SMEJ). On October 1, 2008, it acquired Bertelsmann's 50% interest in SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (SONY BMG). Sony Electronics is the largest unit of Sony Corporation of America, the holding company for Sony Corporation's US-based electronics and entertainment businesses. Sony Corporation of America's consumer electronics unit makes and markets products to tap into Sony's music, films, games, and other businesses. The electronics arm sells PCs (the Sony VAIO) and their peripherals, as well as TVs, VCRs, PDAs, DVD and MP3 players, digital cameras, camcorders, CD players, and car audio items. The company's also a retailer and operates about 60 Sony Style retail shops in the US, mostly in California, Texas, and Florida.

Ala Moana Bowls

Ala Moana has starred in over 30 surf videos including "Endless Summer" and "Tales of the Seven Seas" which includes a scene that perfectly characterizes the spot - massive tubes, boards flying, ruthless drop-ins, and the climactic conclusion of a catamaran being capsized by a cleanup set. One of the best places to surf in Hawaii, Ala Moana Bowls is a popular spot on Oahu. It's an exposed reef break with consistent surf. This left-hand reef break is the symbol of great South Shore waves. Packed and very competitive, it's virtually reserved for locals who know how to surf inside the bowl. Ala Moana is a long wave with a few different tube sections and a range of takeoff spots. The bowl is just that-an inside-out section halfway in that forms between the Ala Moana boating channel and the Pacific Ocean. It holds waves of 4 to 12 feet. The takeoff is steep and fast; getting caught behind is risky. It's most ideal when a south swell detonates on the initial bowl section. The water next to the reef has been dredged for the harbor so the swells are unique. Ala Moana Bowls is at its best in summertime due to the south swells that provide the surfing community a much needed opportunity to win valuable WQS points at home breaks. These points will count towards qualification for the 2010 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing and the 2010 elite World Championship Tour.

CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation is a mass media company with operations in Entertainment, Cable Networks, Publishing, Local Broadcasting and Outdoor segments. The Entertainment segment consists of the CBS Television Network, CBS Television Studios, CBS Studios International, CBS Television Distribution, CBS Films and CBS Interactive. The Cable Networks segment consists of Showtime Networks and CBS College Sports Network. The Publishing segment consists of Simon & Schuster, which publishes and distributes consumer books under imprints, such as Simon & Schuster, Pocket Books, Scribner and Free Press. The Local Broadcasting segment consists of CBS Television Stations and CBS Radio. The Outdoor segment displays advertising on media, including billboards, transit shelters, buses, rail systems (in-car, station platforms and terminals), mall kiosks, retail stores and stadium signage principally through CBS Outdoor.

Source: Ubiquity Broadcasting Corporation Assembles Team of Award Winning Producers, Editors and Animators to... -- SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif., April 22 /PRNewswire/ --

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unsure why you've spam posted 12+/- new, successive TV "news" threads / links ... but they should at least be consolidated in to ONE running thread, IMHO. :gl:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
Jeff,
Not spam. Separate news story.

Best,
A

Unsure why you've spam posted 12+/- new, successive TV "news" threads / links ... but they should at least be consolidated in to ONE running thread, IMHO. :gl:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
Not spam. Separate news story.

Depends on one's view ... regardless, they should all still be consolidated to one "news" thread (in the Dot TV Appraisals/Industry News Forum in order to keep the lively general discussion #1 .TV Forum™ smooth and efficient, IMHO. :gl: :talk:

Best regards,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back