Dynadot

analysis Two Words domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TinBrand

Established Member
Impact
What do you think is it successful future in selling two words name, or we must doing geo locations names and high valued keyword domains name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Follow the K.I.S.S. rule (Keep It Simple Son)

1) Invest in what you know
2) To "know" you must invest time and effort in studying markets and their trends
3) IF you're going to "speculatively" invest limited resources then do so patiently, thoughtfully, AFTER performing your due diligence.
4) Only invest as much as you can afford to lose, which in the case of domains, means the initial cost and the renewal fees for X-years.

Geo domains? Not so easy. Only pursue the highest quality, most of which were taken a LONG time ago, so likely best advice is to "forget about it".

Two word domains?
1) Avoid trademarks like the plague.
2) Pursue only "word word" domains that, as an exact match,
a) have a VERY high "exact match" search volume (usually, at a minimum, hundreds of thousands),
b) have an equally high "commercial intent" (many paying / high PPC advertisers for the exact match),
c) "have a future" (not short-lived interest, unless you are able to acquire and promptly sell the very best domain).

Two word domains require a bit of work but can be reasonably profitable. It's a matter of knowing the business market - NOT the "domain market" - for the target two word domain.

IF you get it right you will likely cover your costs via domain parking until such time as you find a buyer . . but you MUST respect the idea . . the truth . . that such investing is speculative 99.99% of the time. There are very few easy dollars or sure shots in domaining . . unless you were picking up domains in 1994, 1995, 1996, . . .

And, yes, I've been around since the late 1990s and have had a bit of success with two word domains that, for the most part, I acquired with a mind to develop. Some have sold >10K USD.

Just an aside: I keep all my sales private, unless a broker is involved who really . . truly . . just has to toot their own horn . . which I understand . . grudgingly . . sigh . . ;)

•••
good enough, some sold at $xxx - $x,xxx

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back