IT.COM

discuss Turned Down A $75K Offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think it's a reasonable offer but he will get a better deal! I would guess it will get 125,000+. I know some people have a fad for this colour! Especially women, girls and mystics... All love purple and lilac! I think its a chakra colour too (yoga!).. Excellent name! And most used eyeshadow colour used in Photography & TV lilac/red lips. Now I'm trying to think of other popular use of the word lilac obviously perfumery :)

Last edited:
•••
That doesn't make it more brandable than lilac. What I said was that lilac sounds more brandable than magenta. I prefer the pronunciation and the sound of lilac more than magenta. I am not debating on which one is more popular.

What I was trying to say is that both are great and well worth 6 digit price...

•••
Lilac is worth more than $75k in my opinion. It is a fantastic brand name.

•••
I turned down a $5k offer on a domain I wanted $9500. for (they would not go higher) but I don’t regret it, at least not yet. Still if the domain doesn’t sell for years I might rue the decision.
How and where do you guys recieve these kinds of offers on your domains? I’ve just recently started outbound marketing ALOT but man, I need some encouragement haha... only 1 reply out of like 60 emails sent. I am looking up the person directly from the whois directory so I know i’m reaching a decent position but still, nothing really.. I list on undeveloped and try on afternic (never works). Also, I feel like sedo auctions are a waste of cash unless you have a PRE-MI-UM domain lol

•••
How and where do you guys recieve these kinds of offers on your domains? I’ve just recently started outbound marketing ALOT but man, I need some encouragement haha... only 1 reply out of like 60 emails sent. I am looking up the person directly from the whois directory so I know i’m reaching a decent position but still, nothing really.. I list on undeveloped and try on afternic (never works). Also, I feel like sedo auctions are a waste of cash unless you have a PRE-MI-UM domain lol
Try keeping an eye on the completed sales thread. It might help a lot.

•••
it's definitely a 6 figure name.

imo....

•••
Elliot Silver discusses his decision to reject the offer and gives his feedback on this thread...

"My tweet about an offer I turned down for Lilac.com yielded some good discussion on Twitter and at NamePros a couple of weeks ago. I don’t generally share sales data or offers, so this was out of the ordinary for me. It was also a bit strange seeing people discuss it publicly, although some good points were made. I thought I would share a bit more about my rationale for passing on the offer and the status of the domain name.

First, some background. I bought Lilac.com privately several years ago. I think it is a meaningful domain name that can be used by a company in virtually any field. For those unaware, lilac is a color in the purple palate, and it is also a shrub with beautiful purple flowers. We have several wild lilac bushes on the side of our driveway, and they bloom in the Spring as the temperatures get warmer. It is my sign that the Spring is coming. It is also my daughter’s favorite color. I think it would be a positive and happy brand, perhaps with a touch feminine. It is easy to spell and is memorable.

I want to share some of my rationale for passing on the offer:..."

Full Article: https://domaininvesting.com/discussing-my-tweet-about/

•••
That domain is worth 7 figures any day of the week all day long
I think it might be worth mid to high 6 figures one day a year to a very specific end user, maybe. It's definitely low 6 figures, but 7 is pushing it a bit I think.

Although reading Elliot's response he would probably pay 8 figures for it :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back