Dynadot

discuss Turned Down A $75K Offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't ask you don't get. I've sold domains for mid five figures that mean little of anything to anyone but the buyer.

Are you kidding? I guess if you don't speak english well you might not know its a flower, color and scent.
And the most important, its a color that love women. Elegant color.

•••
•••
Well, I don't know ES other than through his blog and after reading him over the years have always considered the guy to be a smart guy.

So, if he declined 75K I would believe his decision to be a well reasoned and appropriate decision for his purposes.

•••
Well, I don't know ES other than through his blog and after reading him over the years have always considered the guy to be a smart guy.

So, if he declined 75K I would believe his decision to be a well reasoned and appropriate decision for his purposes.
Very true.

•••
Don't ask you don't get. I've sold domains for mid five figures that mean little of anything to anyone but the buyer.

Are you kidding? I guess if you don't speak english well you might not know its a flower, color and scent.
Yep I am spanish didn’t know about that. My english vocabulary is not as wide to know that. Thank you mate

•••
So here's food for thought. Elliot turned down and offer of 75k for Lilac.com.....

Question is....is Lilac better than these?
creek.com 39,088 USD 2017-12-15 NameJet
verbiage.com 2,100 USD 2017-12-15 NameJet
protege.com 52,000 USD 2017-12-14 NameJet
hornet.com 60,000 USD 2017-12-12 Sedo
delay.com 8,366 USD 2017-12-11 NameJet
toll.com 50,000 USD 2017-12-03 BQDN
lora.com 12,508 USD 2017-11-12 Sedo

•••
•••
•••
May be has developmental plans. May be the offer came from a competing business.

I had to turn down a $55000 offer on a domain that is my main registered company. And also some offers in 10k to 20k range by competing companies on similar domains. I prefer to keep them myself irrespective of the price offered. Just so as to keep a competitive advantage.

•••
GoDaddy Appraisal has Lilac at:

lilac.com
icn-godaddy-valuation.png
Estimated Value: $16,595

•••
Anyone that turns down 75k has other money. It's his prerogotive though.

•••
Anyone that turns down 75k has other money. It's his prerogotive though.
Exactly. Most of us "domainers" would have a very hard time turning down $75,000 for a single 5 letter dictionary word domain.

For me, they would barely get the words "Seventy Five Th.." out before I'd said "Deal!".

•••
Maybe I'd turn it down. Depends on who I think/know the buyer is.

One thing I wouldn't be doing though, is bragging about turning down the offer publicly.

•••
I will definitely follow this one. We'll see how the offers come in for it.
Maybe I'd turn it down. Depends on who I think/know the buyer is.

One thing I wouldn't be doing though, is bragging about turning down the offer publicly.
I agree. Unless you want to send a clear and public message to deter lower offers.

•••
He should register SixFigureDomains.com and list it there.

The domain is available for hand reg. :)

•••
•••
Hes nice guy, he likes to buy high and sell higher,So if hes in it for 30-40k ,75 is no windfall
Excellent point. We don't know what he has invested in the name. There is no reported sales history on Namebio.

•••
You can buy better for Less privately. As I said above I definitely would have taken the money and bought a way better name with the money. Some people are stuck in the market and only pay market prices. #lazy

Last edited:
•••
•••
If he had accepted the offer, would we be saying he undersold? I wouldn't.

•••
Never take the first offer.

Don't know how much he paid for it. Don't know how many other offers he's had on it. Don't know his financial situation etc.

Trying to find other color/plant type names

magenta.com - $100,000
amber.com - $180,000 also a name

Those types of names can be branded into whatever.

If that was the actual first offer, the $75,000, might be able to move them up some, to low 6 figures.

Last edited:
•••
I would have accepted, thats life changing money for me

•••
I know one thing. If he accepted the 75k. Sure enough a larger offer would come in right after the sale. Happens to me all the time.

•••
He has owned this for a while, he wouldn't be talking about it publicly if talks haven't already broken down. I am guessing he wants that 6 figure payday.

Only he knows what the other offers are, and legit offers like that on even solid names do not come around monthly, or sometimes yearly, when you walk it could be the last best offer you get on it.

A company can only pay so much for a domain, to some paying $1000 for a domain is outrageous, but $75K based on him being a domainer, might be a good exit.

Unless he thinks the Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference is going to pay him $250K for it?

•••
<<He has owned this for a while, he wouldn't be talking about it publicly if talks haven't already broken down.>>

Makes perfect sense.

It could be like a final jab at the offeror to nudge him into coming back to the table, after he's done all he could, has nothing to lose and doesn’t care if the party sees these public postings.

Last edited:
•••
Back