IT.COM

discuss Turn offs / Turn ons in "Domain selling threads" ?

NameSilo
Watch

noneisnone

444Top Member
Impact
what type of things drive you away from a thread(Selling a domain) here on namepros as a buyer ?
no BIN? certain words in the title ? only offer paypal as a payment method ? Etc
and what type of things attract you to a thread ?
a nice logo ? many payment methods ?
would be nice to know those type of things
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
0 rating or a history of negative ratings is a....

481ec36dde4b9919e0cdefe6ef8bf84b.jpg

aka as a turnoff

Last edited:
•••
Estibot / GoDaddy supposed valuations.

•••
Auction ends in 937 hours, If I need a calculator and a calendar to figure out when the auction ends, I probably won’t bid.

•••
Clickbait titles

Trying to get end user pricing

Asking for 500 and saying just recently they turned down 3000

Justifying price with unrelated sales, i.e. trying to sell MoneysYouBanks.com and saying MoneyBank.com (as example) sold for XXXXX as if it matters.

Not having a BIN

Bitcoin only payment option

Saying the name once sold for XXXX as a way to justify an unreasonable price. My argument is, if the guy that paid XXXX for it didn't care to just throw it away, is the name worth anything at all? (obviously the guy might have forgotten etc, but you get the idea).

Claiming a name is pronounceable when it obviously isn't.

I had some great experiences on here, probably the best domain buys, so i'll take the good and the annoying.

Last edited:
•••
0 rating or a history of negative ratings is a....

481ec36dde4b9919e0cdefe6ef8bf84b.jpg

aka as a turnoff

0 rating, really? I thought i had a zero rating, but just look and someone gave me 1 positive.

I rarely trade on NamePros, times i have feedback wasn't exchanged.

Several negatives i agree with you, that is a red flag, but I think looking at people with zero feedback in a bad way is bit unfair, especially if they contribute to lot to NamePros in other ways.

I can only speak personally, but people who I am dealing with I try to research their character on the forums and (if possible) research a bit about them via Google and that’s how I judge the nature of the person and if I want to deal with them or not, not by trade ratings.

Last edited:
•••
0 rating, really? I thought i had a zero rating, but just look and someone gave me 1 positive.

I rarely trade on NamePros, times i have feedback wasn't exchanged.

Several negatives i agree with you, that is a red flag, but I think looking at people with zero feedback in a bad way is bit unfair, especially if they contribute to lot to NamePros in other ways.

I can only speak personally, but people who I am dealing with I try to research their character on the forums and (if possible) research a bit about them via Google and that’s how I judge the nature of the person and if I want to deal with them or not, not by trade ratings.

...Most of our rating scores are not true reflections of all of our trades, my trader rating is likely half of what it would be had I received ratings from all transactions.

I concur with your points, however the OP specifically is speaking about DOMAIN SELLING THREADS.

If I saw an older account with no or very little feedback suddenly become active in the sales threads that may be a red flag that the account is hijacked.

Last edited:
•••
Bumping threads of names nobody wants 82 times. I mean how long do you have to be ignored before you get it.

•••
Bumping threads of names nobody wants 82 times. I mean how long do you have to be ignored before you get it.

And then there are many many stories of those threads where a name couldn't sell for $25 here, but sold for $xxxx to an end user not on NP :xf.rolleyes:

AND....

a lot of junk does get posted. :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
Allot of good names take time to sell to be fair

•••
“Make offer”

I usually avoid those; i dont like games;

Please have BIN or auction; Full Transparency

Samer

Last edited:
•••
“Make offer”

I usually avoid those; i dont like games;

Please have BIN or auction; Full Transparency

Samer
I hate buyers like you 😂

•••
I would say trader reviews but recently namepros changed things so reviews can only be reviewed for last 6 months. so for example newbie knob auctions a name, doesnt complete transaction because he is not happy then starts another auction for same name, gets busted by mods but still doesnt comply, 7 months from now, that review will be gone.
Take op, he has a negative review from april, by november it will be gone and all is well. also we can reflect back on asking price in make offer threads as keith found out, you can ask 10k, someone offers 10k but they then want more. So poorly worded tos is a big issuę here too

•••
I would say trader reviews but recently namepros changed things so reviews can only be reviewed for last 6 months. so for example newbie knob auctions a name, doesnt complete transaction because he is not happy then starts another auction for same name, gets busted by mods but still doesnt comply, 7 months from now, that review will be gone.
Take op, he has a negative review from april, by november it will be gone and all is well. also we can reflect back on asking price in make offer threads as keith found out, you can ask 10k, someone offers 10k but they then want more. So poorly worded tos is a big issuę here too
care to clarify ? it will disappear or the details for the incident will ?
i saw allot of users on here with negative rep from a year or more and it is still showing

Last edited:
•••
Allot of good names take time to sell to be fair
Not here. If its good and priced cheap it gets picked up fast. The desperation clutters up the entire forum.

•••
Not here. If its good and priced cheap it gets picked up fast. The desperation clutters up the entire forum.
we must have a different definition of good domains
anything that sells for xxx is good in my book ^^ if i had the funds i would buy allot of the names in the auction section i do research on them for fun and find shitload of leads and potential high end users for them not everyone is gonna own the perfect one word .com or the ultimate 4 LLLL .com and sell it for wholesale price

And then there are many many stories of those threads where a name couldn't sell for $25 here, but sold for $xxxx to an end user not on NP :xf.rolleyes:

AND....

a lot of junk does get posted. :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
care to clarify ? it will disappear or the details for the incident will ?
i saw allot of users on here with negative rep from a year or more and it is still showing
https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/noneisnone.1033857/summary
Before there was a column for 1 year, i think 2 or more years. Now it only goes back 6 months. Like being pardoned after 6 months.
Before in this business reputation was everything, now people could care less for the most part, it seems.

Allowing duplicate accounts/personalities on namepros another big issue. Save that for when i have more time

•••
•••
Namepros keeps threatening my accounts and posts.....

I've never been able to put my listings in certain places. I placed one last night in "make offer" section, and instead of anyone writing me telling me what I'm doing wrong, I instead get a message just staying I've broken rules and that I need to read some 30 pages of rules here plus rules at the top of the page I'm posting to....

Well there are no rules at the top of the page and from me quickly browsing, I don't see what I'm suppose to be doing here that I didn't do already, and on top of that, I'm not sure if this was an old category problem or a new category problem... surely they didn't just throw my post into a new category just to write me and tell me I'm breaking the rules because they put me there.

But then again I don't know... not one person has said what I'm doing wrong in this Make offer category...

I feel picked on because others get to post there yet they refuse to let me post my listings there without so much as giving me any reason.

•••
I even see people bumping their posts multiple times a day with no upgrades..... If I bump my post even 1 second before 24 hours have passed, normally I get a message and the system refuses.... so to have my posts always moved and not be able to post anything like others are posting.... seems like more of a secret club where certain people do what they want, and you just discriminate against others.

People are bumping posts 5 times a day with normal account and I can't bump 1 second early, nor have I been able to post in "Make Offer" EVER..... seems like a secret club where certain people are treated good and certain people are treated bad, for no reason

•••
I just feel like I'm discriminated against by whoever's running this site... and I know people who were connected to these people too, so feels like I'm personally just treated like crap for nothing and discriminated against

•••
Namepros keeps threatening my accounts and posts.....
I've never been able to put my listings in certain places. I placed one last night in "make offer" section, and instead of anyone writing me telling me what I'm doing wrong, I instead get a message just staying I've broken rules and that I need to read some 30 pages of rules here plus rules at the top of the page I'm posting to....
I feel picked on because others get to post there yet they refuse to let me post my listings there without so much as giving me any reason.

My first post got moved like yours because I included reference to sale via Sedo or Godaddy and external links. Those are the rules if you read through them (which I didn't the first time). They didn't ban you so it's no big deal. Learn and move on.

I even see people bumping their posts multiple times a day with no upgrades..... If I bump my post even 1 second before 24 hours have passed, normally I get a message and the system refuses.... so to have my posts always moved and not be able to post anything like others are posting.... seems like more of a secret club where certain people do what they want, and you just discriminate against others.

People are bumping posts 5 times a day with normal account and I can't bump 1 second early, nor have I been able to post in "Make Offer" EVER..... seems like a secret club where certain people are treated good and certain people are treated bad, for no reason

Do you have any proof of "...bumping posts 5 times a day with normal account..."?
That does not seem likely, but I have not really paid any attention to that sort of thing.

I suspect there is a 24-hour limit for new posts to stop newbies and idiots from continually bumping. I think that after a certain period of days or weeks you may be able to bump within the 24-hour period you mentioned. Have you read the rules? These questions may already be covered. It's probably wise to read the rules before having a rant.

•••
I'm not referencing anything external.. I'm literally only selling on this website and they still moved me to external sales.

There's proof on this website of the posts bumped multiple times daily... I'm not paid to detail it all, so I won't waste my time. It does seem though certain accounts are "blessed" if you will and others are regulated heavily.

I've read the rules.... but again, when someone keeps attacking me to threaten my account, when I'm posting something for sale here only, and yet it always is moved to external sales.... I mean it gets old.

You should have a certain level of decency and knowledge to be a mod here... this just seems like I'm being picked on over and over again with no reason given, and yet even I have people agreeing with me it should have never been moved to external sales when I'm literally only offering the domain name here.

•••
I'm not referencing anything external.. I'm literally only selling on this website and they still moved me to external sales.

There's proof on this website of the posts bumped multiple times daily... I'm not paid to detail it all, so I won't waste my time. It does seem though certain accounts are "blessed" if you will and others are regulated heavily.

I've read the rules.... but again, when someone keeps attacking me to threaten my account, when I'm posting something for sale here only, and yet it always is moved to external sales.... I mean it gets old.

You should have a certain level of decency and knowledge to be a mod here... this just seems like I'm being picked on over and over again with no reason given, and yet even I have people agreeing with me it should have never been moved to external sales when I'm literally only offering the domain name here.

I just had a look at your last posting of the single character domain and you have a link in the post. Perhaps that is the reason?

•••
It's the actual domain... it's a punycode character... that's the same domain for sale.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back