Dynadot

domain trump2020.net How much is it worth guys

NameSilo
Watch

roger821

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I just got an offer of $3.17 for this domain. How much is it really worth guys?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If trump2020.net is worth 0 dollars, then sex.com is worth 99 cents.
sex.com is worth millions, and its value is based off other "premium" names and values and the marketplace they reside in.
Its in no way valued based off a domain name which is the surname of a president and 4 numbers.

That's like saying my car must be worth $5k because someone paid $3k just for bath taps.

Well tomorrow your movie ticket that you got for tonight isn't worth anything. But it is worth money now.
But it's a different model entirely. A cinema ticket is entirely based on a one time use and any value is derived entirely from that single and one time event - watching the movie that night. People know this and they pay based on the fact they'll receive the service they are paying that price for.

A domain name cannot be valued based on your desire to make a one time sale. The sale price is derived from the potential usage and value it can return to the user. Your domain name, unlike the cinema ticket, doesn't even have to stop in 2020 as the domain name and any website will remain.

I'm just saying it's a bad analogy to use and not useful comparisons.

How much is it worth? It's not a liquid name, nor highly valued based off some pre-determined thing like "media.." or "insurance.." are. Also, people are slowly liking Trump less and less, and with the recent "thing" he's done I think it'll devalue such names even more.

There are many alternatives, 2021, 2019, before and after the surname, both surname and first name, all jumbled up, etc etc.

I think the only way you'd see a sale is if you market it widely with a 2 figure BIN, and even then I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't sell it.

Sincerely, best of luck though :)

•••
•••
•••
Its worth a little more than that.

Last edited:
•••
Not trying to be a debbie downer, but I'm failing to see the value in this domain...
It doesn't make sense to me. I could see the .com being more valuable, not so much this .net.
Hope that helps!

•••
There are a lot of people selling trump 2020 items, shirts and a bunch of other things. Enough said.

•••
the domain is more worth then $3.17 USD
but the buyer is not worth talking to.

Last edited:
•••
All biases aside, if he runs in 2020 its worth $5,000 to $10,000. Before it's determined he runs I'd say $500.

If it were the.com it could have value long after the election as a type of review or look back on his time. Like hindsight 2020. Trump2020 could be a look back at his career 10 years from now.

•••
If someone invests money in that domain would most likely get his/her a$$ sued, and I expect that from Trump. This is a temporary domain so if some wants to be online for a limited period of time would go for any TLD. And the last thing, if you (seller) think this domain is going to worth more in 2020 than just wait till than and sell it more. Stop bothering people if you are so sure about the domain value.

Can't be sued for political speech. Nixon tried it and was shut down by supreme court.

•••
•••
Its worth what Trump or their counterparts wants to pay you!

•••
Might do okay if you stick it on flippa in late 2018 / early 2019.... that's the crowd you need, people who will stick up a website quickly and profit from merch sales or adsense.

$500 to $1000 on flippa if listed at the right time. That's of course if he decides to run again, if at any point he decides he is a one term president or is impeached and thrown out of office... then $0.

The real money would come of course if YOU built the site, why not dropship some Trump merch?

Last edited:
•••
Might do okay if you stick it on flippa in late 2018 / early 2019.... that's the crowd you need, people who will stick up a website quickly and profit from merch sales or adsense.

$500 to $1000 on flippa if listed at the right time. That's of course if he decides to run again, if at any point he decides he is a one term president or is impeached and thrown out of office... then $0.

The real money would come of course if YOU built the site, why not dropship some Trump merch?

flippa is by far the worst place you can add a domain for sale

•••
Dot com and org rule politics. Namebio shows no public sales of domain name pattern [presidential candidate/incumbent surname][numeric election year].net. The absence of public sales of comparable names is a strong negative market signal. Clinton2016.net and obama2008.net can be hand registered, illustrating the short shelf life of ostensibly good comparable names. Sell for best offer before renewal, good luck!

wholesale: x
retail: xx

•••
Dot com and org rule politics. Namebio shows no public sales of domain name pattern [presidential candidate/incumbent surname][numeric election year].net. The absence of public sales of comparable names is a strong negative market signal. Clinton2016.net and obama2008.net can be hand registered, illustrating the short shelf life of ostensibly good comparable names. Sell for best offer before renewal, good luck!

This is the biggest indicator of value for me as well. There's simply no history of these names being sold. Is there even a history of sites being built on them? On a .com even? This is the kind of research that needs to be done before purchasing the name.

Another big negative... All Trump's promotional stuff seems to run through his DonaldJTrump site. Can't see why there would be value in him wanting to acquire this. Your only potential buyers are people wanting to build an info site or some kind of booster site.

•••
•••
Dot net? All this time I was debating whether it was worth something, thought it was the dot com.

As the dot net it is worth

•••

Good because I own votetrump.org and votepresidenttrump.com

•••
I would say it does have worth.

However, I do recall reading about the domain Ivanka.com being in some type of issue and if I recall right the owner ended up giving it away even when he bought it before Ivanka was a brand itself.

I would keep that in mind in the deal you make as I believe Trump is a brand as well.

That being said, whatever happens in the year 2020 the numbers 2020 are used in regards to vision as well so I guess it serves as a Great documentary name as well.

Hope that helps.

•••
I think the .net really kills it.

I've been domaining for almost a year now so I'm not the most experienced but I've stayed away from the .net extension ever since I started domaining. Based on NP, Namebio, and personal opinion, it's pretty evident that .net is declining every single day so I wouldn't be surprised if many end-users also believe .net is no longer a viable option for a website. That being said, I have a hard time believing it will get any better in 2020 or the years leading up to the next election.

Best of luck

•••
Good because I own trumpforreelect. Com Do you get it? Dot com.

•••
Dot net? All this time I was debating whether it was worth something, thought it was the dot com.

As the dot net it is worth

omg....hahaha

•••
Putting politics and people's personal preference aside, I don't understand how this domain doesn't have any value, despite being .net extension. It describes a future event with almost 100% happening predictability and millions of people following, including advertisers, friends, enemies, trolls, spies etc. Kinda like having apocalypse.net or winter2020.net with some chance of post event survival😁.
In my opinion, it would be worth developing the name. Trump's followers and/or haters wouldn't care nor understand the .net
domain extension if it serves as a platform to express opinions or sell merchandise. There is also an implied meaning to the 20 20 expression which would add value.

•••
And after 2020? Or better , after the election?

•••
Good point.
Claim isn't that domain is worth perpetually into infinity, but that there is value in the name, within the next few years. To compare, at least in my opinion 2019.com is more valuable than 2049.com, that will definitely change in 30years, but in any case every one of us would love to own these two domains. Difference here is that 2019.com will be extremely valuable in year 2049, while the value of Trump2020 will peak in value in 2019-2020 and go downhill from there. Value increases with content, patience and good timing, quick flip is possible too but I don't think anyone is prepared to pay crazy money right now. I hope this helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back