Truckers apparently heading to Ottawa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jedaprin

Established Member
Impact
Apparently theres a bunch of truckers heading to ottawa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Over 7 million has been raised for these truckers via GoFundMe to cover fuel, food, lodgings, etc. The fundraiser is called "Freedom Convoy 2022".

•••
•••
•••
yeah with that losers musk support apparently heh

•••
•••
•••

Autonomous electric vehicles require neither vaccine, diesel, nor driver :cautious:

"On Sunday, Musk replied to a tweet showing a video of protesters in Ottawa.

“It would appear that the so-called ‘fringe minority’ is actually the government,” he wrote.

It was followed by another tweet saying, “If the government had the mandate of the people, there would be a significant counter-protest. There is not, therefore they do not.”"

:rolleyes:

•••

Republican Congressman Falls for Ridiculous Conspiracy That Trudeau Has Fled to America​

"A U.S. congressman appears to have convinced himself that Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has fled to the States in fear of a group of truck drivers who are protesting vaccine mandates. In two Twitter posts, Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) even called on the U.S. to deport Trudeau, even though the PM is not in the country. CNN reports that Roy fell for a baseless conspiracy theory posted by an anonymous Twitter account on Saturday. The original tweet showed a photo of Trudeau in the U.S. in 2016, and wrongly used that as evidence that he’d fled from ongoing vaccine protests. Firstly, Roy quoted that tweet and added the caption: “Is there a more gutless and cowardly display than a tyrant on the run?” A day later, he posted: “If Justin Trudeau is hiding in the United States, we should return him to Canada and make him face his own people immediately.” However, as would be expected, Trudeau is in Canada. Two hours before Roy tweeted, the PM even held a news conference from his official residence in Quebec."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/politics/fact-check-chip-roy-trudeau-hiding-us/index.html

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Catchy.

Something someone - who doesn't care about the vaccine protest part - said to me today: The truckers are tormenting Trudeau, so they're my friends.

Last edited:
•••
Trying to force someone to stop forcing you to do something, makes sense.
Milk is 5.89 a jug now, oil over $5 a liter, gas 1.60 a litre multiply by 3.78 to get Biden gallon
My trucker friend from Lithuania texted me. You dont support them do you? Were all in this together.
No support here. If I see a trucker today, honk honk, he is working.
Gonna be a big convoy going through town today
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelow...anned-from-North-Okanagan-to-Osoyoos-Saturday

Macdonalds is serving Junior Trudeau's now
2.59 for a junior chicken here, I mean junior trudeau

•••
•••
Man... I wish all protest were like these.

•••
Point taken... no one disagrees. People have a right to peaceful protest; however, blaring semi horns all night long is not exactly peaceful. I don't see this truck off ending well. :blackeye:

•••
Last edited:
•••
Press Release

WENDAKE, QC, Feb. 7, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ - The Assembly of First Nations Quebec-Labrador (AFNQL) supports the Algonquin Anishinabeg Nation in demanding the immediate withdrawal of the trucker convoy from Confederation Park in Ottawa. The Algonquin Anishinabeg Nation has indicated that it never gave protesters permission to perform ceremonial activities on their unceded traditional territory.

"The Algonquin peoples have been Guardians of the Land since time immemorial. As such, any ceremonial activity on this territory must be carried out following full consultation with the Chiefs and peoples of the Algonquin Anishinabeg Nation. It is worth remembering that the City of Ottawa, like Quebec, are unceded Indigenous territories, and that First Nations have Aboriginal title and ancestral and treaty rights that are protected by the Constitution, the same document which recognizes our right to self-government. In a context where cultural appropriation raises concerns that are the subject of strong positions on the part of First Nations and other recognized Indigenous groups around the world, there is nothing more dishonest than misleading the public in such a blatant way as to give oneself false pretenses and permissions," affirmed Ghislain Picard, Chief of the AFNQL.

In closing, the AFNQL wishes for a peaceful outcome to this protest and demands that police authorities work to ensure that the people of Ottawa quickly return to a peaceful life.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back