Truckers apparently heading to Ottawa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jedaprin

Established Member
Impact
Apparently theres a bunch of truckers heading to ottawa

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here some aerial footage of the Toronto protest

•••

Federal government invokes Emergencies Act for first time ever in response to protests, blockades​

Act grants cabinet ability to take 'special temporary measures that may not be appropriate in normal times'

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he's invoking the Emergencies Act for the first time in Canada's history to give the federal government temporary powers to handle ongoing blockades and protests against pandemic restrictions.

"It is now clear that there are serious challenges to law enforcement's ability to effectively enforce the law," Trudeau told a news conference Monday afternoon.

"It is no longer a lawful protest at a disagreement over government policy. It is now an illegal occupation. It's time for people to go home."

Trudeau said the measures will be geographically targeted and "reasonable and proportionate to the threats they are meant to address."

The unprecedented deployment of the Emergencies Act gives police more tools to restore order in places where public assemblies constitute illegal and dangerous activities, such as blockades and occupations, he said. Trudeau said the act also will enable the RCMP to enforce municipal bylaws and provincial offences where required.

"This is about keeping Canadians safe, protecting people's jobs and restoring confidence in our institutions," he said. .....

Legal threshold questioned​

Jack Lindsay, an associate professor in the applied disaster and emergency studies department at Brandon University in Manitoba, said one of the first steps in invoking the Emergencies Act is the government showing that a state of emergency exists.

"They're gonna have to basically prove that first hurdle, that it is a national emergency," he said.

"He's basically going to be arguing that these truckers are basically creating a threat to the security of Canada."

Leah West, an assistant professor in international studies at Carleton University who has published a book on national security law, questions whether that threshold has been met.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-premiers-cabinet-1.6350734

Last edited:
•••
I'm going to honk my beepin' horn until I get my bloody way ;)

•••
I'm going to honk my beepin' horn until I get my bloody way ;)

Or you could try praying

1644929489564.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Right on well thats that

•••
Parental Advisory apparently they were saying it's illegal to bring your kids to the protest

Attachments

• 1200px-Parental_Advisory_label.svg.png
    1200px-Parental_Advisory_label.svg.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 36
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back