IT.COM

Tried to sell a domain to a business and get called a scammer instead... lol

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Here's the story, I bought a cool domain name via ExpiredDomains that I thought had a lot of potential. I saw a business on facebook dealing with cars called AceGT so I contacted them with this set of messages.

Did I do anything wrong to deserve this? lol I am just confused at how dumb they seem to be.

Me: Hi AceGT, I happen to be the owner of www.acegt.com, I'm wondering if you might be interested in purchasing this premium name to further grow your business and brand to a more professional standard.

This is a very short 5 letter domain that has a lot of strengths associated with it, 2 very short and valuable keywords Ace and GT. It can be very versatile as well since Samsung also has a phone called Ace GT. Thanks for your consideration.

Them: :thumbsup icon: Why Ace Gt other than Samsung

Me: Well basically both these words are highly popular (Ace & GT) and it's not very unlikely that a company, like yours would choose to pick it for a name. Together it means the expert in GT cars which is a good meaning as well.

Them: Sorry. Dont mean to insult. Its as good as i got your Bank cheque book and try to sell it back to you isn't it? Park domain does not mean you are the rightful owner.

Them: [Blocked me via facebook]

[I made a new account and followed up.]

Me: I had to make a new account for facebook since you blocked me. Is this how you really do business, block people with genuine intentions without being sure?

And do you happen to know how domain selling works? I own the name via the registrar NameSilo.com . If we agree on a price, I can put it up and use their service to sell it straight away to you instead of you transferring the funds directly to me.

For example, I own another domain called http://www.clubstate.com/ and that's listed for a price which you buy through NameSilo's website.

No big deal if you're not interested at all, I can sell it to someone else or keep the name for my portfolio. [Sent a screenshot of my owned domains in NameSilo Domain Manager]

Them: Its ok. Enjoy your day. Upz for your sales. Ace Gt domain worth a lot. Can sell high.

How business is done does not need your approval boss. Why dont you try this scam on banks? E.g "own" citibank.xxx and try to sell them? Wake up and earn a decent income. Leave us alone. Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For someone giving rude unsolicited professional advice to people over social media, the OP is really thin-skinned to even to hear feedback he asked for. Gets defensive and attacks people that cared enough to spend few minutes of their lives to write the opinion.

•••
This is why i use efty. Down time does not exist
It's a matter of choice. And jettison the illusion: no server has 100% uptime, contrary to the message you're trying to push across.

•••
Frank told you wednesday your site wouldn't load 48 hours later still not loading. Thats 0% uptime. Who knows how long it was down before that. The message i am trying to push isyou have some issues need to be adressed. I never want a person type my name in there browser day after day and get a blank page, forcing them to look elsewhere.

You brought this whole topic up by saying to Op, get some simple scripts so your sites will be down for days
That says it all. Trust.

Get yourself some simple scripts for professional domain landing page. Better still, a marketplace to showcase your portfolio. With description of each domain and why you think the domain is great, with Buy it now buttons leading to various sales platforms and with options to pay immediately via escrow or paypal. See example of what I'm saying here: https://salesrex.com

It's not perfect, but certainly the right way to go.
Then you tell me
{QUOTED}The concept, the approach is working - that's the core message and NOT a random landing page working or not working.
Be informed that I have hundreds of such landing pages - unique for each domain in my portfolio. A landing page status may not be stable : change of registrar, server down, problem with DNS, SSL, off-shelf for internal reasons, pre-sales negotiation etc. If the OP is interested in what I've said above, he can access my portfolio ( namecape.com ) and click on any of the domains to see the landing page(s). He can also PM me if he needs assistance.{END QUOTED}

So you post an example domain and it won't even load, start telling us how it's so complicated sites may be down for days, and it has been, yet it's simple.
If making unique landers for hundreds of domains, that won't load is simple, your not KISS
off shelf for internal reasons? KISS means always be on the shelf . Do you have a lander we can see as an example that will actually load? NV, I looked up your name ticketever.com and its defective as well
Hostgator is not such a great host, maybe thats why your pages wont load.

•••
i only blocked people on fb if they are annoying to me.
also i could have emailed them like this hi im selling this domain, do you want it? i'll quote you back if you reply.

•••
I tried to pitch in linkedin and called a spammer. :D

•••
Lol. Is it spamming if someone reached out to me via LinkedIn? And they did not like my offer. Kept messaging back and forth.

I happen to own an exact match domain for a product they just launched.

Lol

Guy tried to low-ball me. I didn't bother to Google the word. It's a single word brandable made up word.

Tells me there are no longer interested. But we all know that's just hardball scare tactics.

So wrote back explaining why it's a mistake.

Then said I'm officially harrassing them.

Lol They reached out to me to request to connect!

And I'm harrassing?

I guess it sucks when someone owns the exact match domain for your product.

Lol

•••
Here's the story, I bought a cool domain name via ExpiredDomains that I thought had a lot of potential. I saw a business on facebook dealing with cars called AceGT so I contacted them with this set of messages.

Did I do anything wrong to deserve this? lol I am just confused at how dumb they seem to be.

Me: Hi AceGT, I happen to be the owner of www.acegt.com, I'm wondering if you might be interested in purchasing this premium name to further grow your business and brand to a more professional standard.

This is a very short 5 letter domain that has a lot of strengths associated with it, 2 very short and valuable keywords Ace and GT. It can be very versatile as well since Samsung also has a phone called Ace GT. Thanks for your consideration.

Them: :thumbsup icon: Why Ace Gt other than Samsung

Me: Well basically both these words are highly popular (Ace & GT) and it's not very unlikely that a company, like yours would choose to pick it for a name. Together it means the expert in GT cars which is a good meaning as well.

Them: Sorry. Dont mean to insult. Its as good as i got your Bank cheque book and try to sell it back to you isn't it? Park domain does not mean you are the rightful owner.

Them: [Blocked me via facebook]

[I made a new account and followed up.]

Me: I had to make a new account for facebook since you blocked me. Is this how you really do business, block people with genuine intentions without being sure?

And do you happen to know how domain selling works? I own the name via the registrar NameSilo.com . If we agree on a price, I can put it up and use their service to sell it straight away to you instead of you transferring the funds directly to me.

For example, I own another domain called http://www.clubstate.com/ and that's listed for a price which you buy through NameSilo's website.

No big deal if you're not interested at all, I can sell it to someone else or keep the name for my portfolio. [Sent a screenshot of my owned domains in NameSilo Domain Manager]

Them: Its ok. Enjoy your day. Upz for your sales. Ace Gt domain worth a lot. Can sell high.

How business is done does not need your approval boss. Why dont you try this scam on banks? E.g "own" citibank.xxx and try to sell them? Wake up and earn a decent income. Leave us alone. Thanks.
It's against facebook's terms of service to create a new account in order to talk to a person that has blocked you. You, will simply be forced to move on as the person is not willing to pay you for the domain as they feel blackmailed. Not, saying you blackmailed them in fact you didn't but since they are angry and won't buy from you, you should move on.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back