Dynadot

Travel.Agency sold for $9,999

NameSilo
Watch

MisterSoft.com

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Congratulations to Ali Zandi on his sale :)
What do you think about this sale?
Please share your your views :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably the top keyword for this TLD. And I would have never expected it to sell for that much.

•••
:xf.confused:

No disrespect intended to anyone involved, but that seems low for this premium new gTLD.

It would have sold for 2-3x as much at that crazy NamesCon Live Auction. O_o

•••
Hey, I surprised myself! I had a hunch that Travel.Agency would sell around $10K mark, and I was right :)
I think I should have my own Psychic Hotline... not a bad idea, huh :)

Last edited:
•••

No disrespect intended to anyone involved, but that seems low for this premium new gTLD.

Agree, however, Ali Zandi is a pretty smart domainer. He went with his gut feelings and flipped the domain with good ROI :)

•••

I think live auctions (like Namescon and HA) are a bit different than online auctions. Prices tend to get a little overinflated in live auctions.

•••
It might be worth 10K in 5-10 Years.

As of right now, I would much rather have two CVCV.coms...

That's all I'll say on the subject.

•••
It might be worth 10K in 5-10 Years.

As of right now, I would much rather have two CVCV.coms...

That's all I'll say on the subject.

I'd go for 5-10 VCVCs or VCCVs ;)

Congrats, Ali! You are guru of no reserve auctions :) Never afraid to lose, hence ahead of the game )

•••
$15 to $24 renewals every year for who knows how long before it will be sold, and must be sold for more than 10k to make it worthwhile.

I would rather spend the $ on some good dot coms instead.

•••
$15 to $24 renewals every year for who knows how long before it will be sold, and must be sold for more than 10k to make it worthwhile.

I would rather spend the $ on some good dot coms instead.
I think the renewal fee for travel.agency was pretty close to $500 per year! Please correct me if misquote the renewal fee. Yes, Ali Zandi did the right thing :)

•••
I think the renewal fee for travel.agency was pretty close to $400 per year! Please correct me if misquote the renewal fee. Yes, Ali Zandi did the right thing :)
$499 I think..

•••
I don't know if this was a day 2 EAP which would be $3,xxx

plus 3 years renewals $1500

so looks like a double

•••
I did say 10K wow I was so CLOSE

•••
I think if this was a direct registry submission via a domain conference or "special" auction it would have been 5 times this price.

Nevertheless a good return.

Currently giving Flippa a try with premium 2 letter, extension matching name.

•••
I think if this was a direct registry submission via a domain conference or "special" auction it would have been 5 times this price.

Nevertheless a good return.

Currently giving Flippa a try with premium 2 letter, extension matching name.
The .com is sitting dormant, that is a huge indicator, someone needs a clear plan to throw $50K down, and sit on it. Do you know how hard it is to monetize a GTLD travel site, you need large volumes of traffic to get a 4% affiliate revenue share on bookings. At $10K someone has some wiggle room, if it was a .com you could probably see that 5X valuation, but you have to discount the $500 renewal fee, as it has a cost associated with it.

•••
The .com is sitting dormant, that is a huge indicator, someone needs a clear plan to throw $50K down, and sit on it. Do you know how hard it is to monetize a GTLD travel site, you need large volumes of traffic to get a 4% affiliate revenue share on bookings. At $10K someone has some wiggle room, if it was a .com you could probably see that 5X valuation, but you have to discount the $500 renewal fee, as it has a cost associated with it.

I am simply saying direct registry gtld submissions at special "venues" go for much higher amounts for "premium" names, for whatever reason that may be.

That has been shown over and over again, as mentioned, Namescon was a prime example.

•••
I am simply saying direct registry gtld submissions at special "venues" go for much higher amounts for "premium" names, for whatever reason that may be.

That has been shown over and over again, as mentioned, Namescon was a prime example.

The higher priced sales at namescon had their premiums rolled back to general renewal, otherwise it is on par.

88.xyz $70,000
web.hosting $52,500
stock.photo $16,000
8.link $14,500
night.club $12,000
jet.ski $12,000
buy.cars $11,000
strip.club $10,000
pot.club $10,000
smart.watch $9,500
athletic.club $9,000
i.rent $9,000
wedding.gift $8,500
i.link $8,250
i.click $8,000
e.gift $8,000
investment.property $7,000
e.help $5,000
lasvegas.online $4,750
beachfront.property $4,750
e.flowers $4,500
space.club $3,750
viral.video $3,500
180.xyz $3,500
i.ski $3,250
we.help $3,000
water.ski $2,750
b.sexy $2,750
too.sexy $2,500
vintage.auto $2,250
electric.guitars $2,000
paleo.diet $1,700

•••
Probably the top keyword for this TLD. And I would have never expected it to sell for that much.
Just the right combination :)

•••
Just the right combination :)
The average domainer would not have the level of marketing that this domain had behind it.

It has it's own thread at namepros which has like double digit pages in it's thread, featured status, and top of domaining.com, so it had a higher level of marketing, on top of that being a 30 day auction.

I think The.Agency is the best name in this extension that was released. It also comes with a $500 annual renewal.

Flippa is still a reseller platform, and you have to remember than when it comes to this sale, the buyer had to see some value.

•••
Agreed,beats me how this thread,which was an out and out marketing exercise,was allowed to continue and even thrive as it did.

Not started by the seller perhaps,but almost as good as,with subsequent input.
Happy to have someone do the same for mine. (~:

•••
I did predict 10k/5 figure.. Congrats Ali!

•••
Electric.Guitars from the list up above is the best value New Gtld I have seen

•••

The renewal would have been a big detractor, did not see it mentioned in the initial listing, someone asked about the renewal via comments, strange to say Ali dod offer to add another year of reg if it exceeded the five figure mark, basically one dollar more would have gained another year's reg ......so be it I guess

•••
The average domainer would not have the level of marketing that this domain had behind it.

It has it's own thread at namepros which has like double digit pages in it's thread, featured status, and top of domaining.com, so it had a higher level of marketing, on top of that being a 30 day auction.

I think The.Agency is the best name in this extension that was released. It also comes with a $500 annual renewal.

Flippa is still a reseller platform, and you have to remember than when it comes to this sale, the buyer had to see some value.
The.Agency is really a great name, I'd definitely like to own it, but I'm sure Power Names are asking a lot for it. By the way, TheAgency.com is being used in the field of advertising and media, which is an obvious choice for that name, but I think the other one would make a great name for a modelling agency.

•••
The renewal would have been a big detractor, did not see it mentioned in the initial listing, someone asked about the renewal via comments, strange to say Ali dod offer to add another year of reg if it exceeded the five figure mark, basically one dollar more would have gained another year's reg ......so be it I guess
I think he did add another year, a short while before the auction ended.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back