Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Expert

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is not good to publicly discuss others' domain pricing because it may adversely affect the domain owners to sell their domains.
HUH?!?!? Yeah, like a domain owner is going to be 'affected' in the selling their premium domain name because some (mostly clueless) domainers are discussing the pricing of their domain. OMG! smh. :xf.rolleyes:

•••
let's hope he on the younger side

•••
I think the owner will die with that domain name...

•••
Not commercially as strong as some of the other best one words such as CARS, SHOP, COIN, INSURANCE, MOBILE, etc so I doubt he'll be able to fetch the ask but can get mid-high six figures easy!!

•••
... I don't see why this thread should belong to the news section ...

I have noticed that in the meanwhile, nP moved this thread from the news section to the correct section:

1642685756589.png

The headline makes a bit more sense now.

•••
Not commercially as strong as some of the other best one words such as CARS, SHOP, COIN, INSURANCE, MOBILE, etc so I doubt he'll be able to fetch the ask but can get mid-high six figures easy!!

Not as strong commercially? You do realize transportation is one of the largest industries in the world (public transport/buses/trains/air/boat/trucks/taxis/delivery services). When you look at just 1 category with in that (never mind all together), i.e. delivery services and how much money is in that, Transport dot com is a monster, I'm not saying it's going to sell for 8 figures, but it's tier 1 and in the same league as those words you listed and any tier 1 domain has 8 figure potential.

And i say this as the former owner of:-

Untitled.png

(please no one type the domain in full), industry defining domain name and a key domain in transport/automotive (along with more), so I’ve researched the ins and outs of the transport industry.

Last edited:
•••
Not as strong commercially? You do realize transportation is one of the largest industries in the world (public transport/buses/trains/air/boat/trucks/taxis/delivery services). When you look at just 1 category with in that (never mind all together), i.e. delivery services and how much money is in that, Transport dot com is a monster, I'm not saying it's going to sell for 8 figures, but it's tier 1 and in the same league as those words you listed and any tier 1 domain has 8 figure potential.

And i say this as the former owner of:-

Untitled.png

(please no one type the domain in full), industry defining domain name and a key domain in transport/automotive (along with more), so I’ve researched the ins and outs of the transport industry.

You may have a differing opinion and I totally respect that but I do strongly believe that Transport.com still doesn't fall in the same league as some of the keywords I mentioned in earlier post.

Would you mind listing some of the best "COMMERCIAL" use-cases for the Transport.com domain name, which are inline with CARS, SHOP, COIN, INSURANCE, MOBILE, etc.?

•••
great name...10M is huge for current business/marketing.....I wish he success, it will make domaining marketing much stronger...

•••
You may have a differing opinion and I totally respect that but I do strongly believe that Transport.com still doesn't fall in the same league as some of the keywords I mentioned in earlier post.

Would you mind listing some of the best "COMMERCIAL" use-cases for the Transport.com domain name, which are inline with CARS, SHOP, COIN, INSURANCE, MOBILE, etc.?
I'm not talking transport+word domains (ie transport as a keyword in other domains), I'm talking just that domain by itself. What is the best domain for a company in transport to brand around? Answer 'Transport dot com'.

This not an industry selling paper clips (ie not much money), there's huge amounts of money involved in the transport, do i think it will sell for 8 figures, no. Sports dot com never hit 8 figures (even though it should have), but it's a multi-million potential domain without doubt.

The problem is in transport, compared to industries like finance/real estate, is many companies don’t like paying out for domains, I found that out with the domain I showcased above and the one I had was more flexible (i.e. could target buyers in automotive too), but buyers and money is there in transport and if there was one domain that is going to sell for a huge amount, it would be that.

•••

Soofi, how does a labeled Pro need to be educated in the commercial use for this type of domain? Come on now:

Space. Internet (data transport). Shipping. Travel. Cinema. Payment gateways. So much..

In your example of Cars, the domain roadtransport/com forwards to commercialmotor/com, a developed site for used trucks. We can actually take your question and apply it literally with a real-world use example along with a matching DN.

•••
This not an industry selling paper clips (ie not much money), there's huge amounts of money involved in the transport, do i think it will sell for 8 figures, no. Sports dot com never hit 8 figures (even though it should have), but it's a multi-million potential domain without doubt.

You answered my question right here. Cheers!

•••
Soofi, how does a labeled Pro need to be educated in the commercial use for this type of domain? Come on now:

Trying to have a go at someone with that sort of response? No wonder you didn't get your PRO badge yet son! 🙃

How come I've never ignored you till date, wannabe "HOT" :-P

---

The commercial use-cases you have listed or mentioned doesn't justify an eight figure price tag at all for the domain name and that's exactly what I had mentioned in my post. Go on trying to insult others now!!

Space. Internet (data transport). Shipping. Travel. Cinema. Payment gateways. So much..

In your example of Cars, the domain roadtransport/com forwards to commercialmotor/com, a developed site for used trucks. We can actually take your question and apply it literally with a real-world use example along with a matching DN.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back