Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domain Expert

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's an easy 7 figure domain IMO. Who knows what the right buyer might pay.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why not, it's industry defining. You can't buy domains like that cheap anymore.

•••
It's a great name, but who would buy it? Transport and shipping are vast and vital but very offline industries, and any company with 10M to spare on a domain name is already well-known enough to not need it.

•••
Let's celebrate that the owner of a specific domain name wants a specific amount of money.

•••
It's a great name, but who would buy it? Transport and shipping are vast and vital but very offline industries, and any company with 10M to spare on a domain name is already well-known enough to not need it.

Someone who wants to do a rebrand, or a new division under a different brand - for any reason. It's common, to avoid brand dilution you get a separate one for a different product even in the same field.

Edit: One company in my country did this mistake. They were selling furniture materials. Then they went full DYI and started losing momentum due to brand confusion. I've kept saying this for years, weird how a big firm can make such a big mistake.

Years later, someone put them in their senses and they got a separate brand for DYI and now are rolling high.

You can also add weight / borrow momentum from the existing brand, e.g. a note: "Transport.com, a xxxx company" where xxxx is the existing, renowned but different brand.

The seller can definitely get that payment.

Last edited:
•••
As mentioned above this domain could get an easy 7 figures. And if the owner decides to do any fair negotiating with a buyer on his 10 million price valuation, then it just might fall within a 7 figures price tag...

•••
•••
I only have 9 million so I don't think anything.
It's over my budget.

•••
Someone who wants to do a rebrand, or a new division under a different brand - for any reason. It's common, to avoid brand dilution you get a separate one for a different product even in the same field.

Edit: One company in my country did this mistake. They were selling furniture materials. Then they went full DYI and started losing momentum due to brand confusion. I've kept saying this for years, weird how a big firm can make such a big mistake.

Years later, someone put them in their senses and they got a separate brand for DYI and now are rolling high.

You can also add weight / borrow momentum from the existing brand, e.g. a note: "Transport.com, a xxxx company" where xxxx is the existing, renowned but different brand.

The seller can definitely get that payment.

Good points. I can't see a rebrand so much, since that seems pretty rare unless the current name has become poison, but a new distinctive brand, even from a large company outside the transport industry wanting to establish itself quickly, is a good possibility.

•••
very fair price, these names can be the difference between building a small business or a billion dollar company very fast.

I personally think 25MM is more fit for this name. The fact that most domain owners price things really bad, should not reflect the value of a name.

•••
To the RIGHT buyer, yes, 10 mi USD. Seller may have to wait though.

•••
•••
I know someone who wants more for his domain name.

•••
•••
Let's celebrate that the owner of a specific domain name wants a specific amount of money.

CORRECTION

Let's celebrate the news that the owner of a specific domain name wants a specific amount of money.

1642413256009.png

•••
transportation.top is available 🧐

No, it ("transportation") is already registered with "top" and it literally tops the version with "com" and the same applies to "transport" and this circumstance (the fact that (everything registered with) "top" tops (everything registered with) "com") is semantically proven.

Last edited:
•••
@Domain Expert

Thank you for this news.
Please don't forget to update it whenever needed.
We have to stay informed about what the owner wants.

•••
It is not good to publicly discuss others' domain pricing because it may adversely affect the domain owners to sell their domains.

•••
You heard it right, owner wants $10M :zippermouth:

What do you think guys? :unsure:
Around the same amount is asking the owner of theworld.com, without including the TM rights. There are at least a few thousands domains like these, not used and with high prices, probably 99% of them will remain unused forever.

•••
Just registered brand transportrz.

•••
I know someone who wants more for his domain name.
@Domain Expert

Thank you for this news.
Please don't forget to update it whenever needed.
We have to stay informed about what the owner wants.

For clarification, the only reason why I made these (sarcastic) posts is because I don't see why this thread should belong to the news section but maybe someone is able to explain why.

•••

Well, voice.com to me is much less of a ''business'' word and was sold for 30 000 000. So, 10ml is nothing unrealistic in this case. Yes, rebranding or merger of big guys or some revolutionary shit in transport industry..

•••
Good for him. What other people want for their domains isn’t our business and this thread is in poor taste.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back