Dynadot

TransferWise.com now Wise.com, what is your experience with them? Are they trustworthy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
What is your experience with TransferWise.com which rebranded to Wise.com?

I never used Wise and want to test them out, but after reading some very bad reviews on TrustPilot (also a lot of good reviews, the vast majority are 5 star reviews giving them an average of 4.5 stars) and after checking out https://www.quora.com/Is-TransferWise-a-scam, I am not 100% sure if I can really trust them.

They do seem to be a regulated "financial company" offering "virtual bank accounts" to receive and send money internationally etc. which is a great option for many domainers. Saw this on their website footer: "Wise is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, Firm Reference 900507, for the issuing of electronic money."

I want to be clear, I am not saying they are good or bad, I just don't know personally because I have never used them before, but I am interested to try them out, but first I want to know your opinions/experiences here on NP.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I'm working with them for a year.

Pretty solid and fast system.

I will not explicitly imply that people who wrote bad reviews about the product used their own accounts before and why they were closed, but I do not think that Wise can cause problems in corporate, documented transfers.

•••
I'm working with them for a year.

Pretty solid and fast system.

I will not explicitly imply that people who wrote bad reviews about the product used their own accounts before and why they were closed, but I do not think that Wise can cause problems in corporate, documented transfers.
What do you mean? Personal account vs Business account?

Last edited:
•••
Yes I have gotten wires almost instantly using WISE, even cross-border.

•••
Yes I have gotten wires almost instantly using WISE, even cross-border.
Thanks, how is their support, response etc.? I can't seem to find their email directly on their website, but only a contact form.

•••
Used Wise many times. Fast payments, good company (from my experience)

•••
Used Wise many times. Fast payments, good company (from my experience)
Good to hear that more domainers are having a good experience with them, thanks.

•••
Thanks, how is their support, response etc.? I can't seem to find their email directly on their website, but only a contact form.

To be honest I have never used their support because everything was handled by the individual paying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back