Traffic Miami 07

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ken_

DomainWorldMediaEstablished Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good point Randomo. Those terms are valid for the accepted domains. in effect Moniker will be entitled to commission from those domains forever unless you terminate the agreement.

It's all written in difficult-to-understand legalspeek in the agreement, so it's easy to miss. Nothing wrong with the contract, just make sure you know what you're signing into.

Josh

•••
Josh_1 said:
Good point Randomo. Those terms are valid for the accepted domains. in effect Moniker will be entitled to commission from those domains forever unless you terminate the agreement.

It's all written in difficult-to-understand legalspeek in the agreement, so it's easy to miss. Nothing wrong with the contract, just make sure you know what you're signing into.

Josh

Do you know what the rules are for names submitted but not accepted into the auction? TIA

•••
[/QUOTE]

Do you know what the rules are for names submitted but not accepted into the auction? TIA
[/QUOTE]

As far as I understand, those domains are not bound by the contract. But I'm not fluent in the jargon that the contract is written in...

•••
Correct... NOT accepted in the auction, NOT bound by the agreement.

Accepted into Live or Silent, bound by the agreement.

GoPC

•••
Has anyone that sold a domain received their payment yet?

It's probably too early, but I thought I'd check. My domain is still in the transfer process to Moniker. Hopefully, that will complete in the next day or two.

•••
I've sold domains through Moniker in the past. Both at Auction and through their standard sales services.

I'd give it a minimum of 3 weeks. Sometimes they take a bit longer. Sometimes the deal gets "misplaced" for a time. My longest took roughly 2 Months as different folks within Moniker had assumed that someone else had handled it already.

So it depends.

Of course, that's for small fish like me. I'm pretty sure that Rick Schwartz gets his payments pretty quickly. ;) Bigger sales get the attention.

However, I can say that Moniker was very quick to get the domains I sold pushed out of my account(s) this time around. Maybe a sign of faster processing.

Just stay on top of it. Don't be a bother, but pay attention. You'll know if things aren't right.

Best,

GoPC

•••
randomo said:
For those who had domains in the auctions, a reminder about the exclusivity contract you signed with Moniker:

* You gave them the exclusive right to sell those domains for 120 days after submission or 60 days after the auction, whichever comes later; and

* "This exclusive right and authority to sell period will automatically renew at the end of each term unless Buyer/Seller Agent is notified by Seller in writing within 15 days of expiration that Seller is terminating the Agreement." (So remember to terminate the agreement if you don't want Moniker to keep those rights!)​

That's what scared me off.

•••
domainica said:
That's what scared me off.

Then again... I sold 4/5 of the domains that were accepted so their selection process seems good. Only one is now left in the legal limbo. I'll just enter it again, so not a big deal.

•••
Josh_1 said:
Then again... I sold 4/5 of the domains that were accepted so their selection process seems good. Only one is now left in the legal limbo. I'll just enter it again, so not a big deal.
Lucky you - I sold 0/4 of the domains that were accepted! :'(

•••
randomo said:
Lucky you - I sold 0/4 of the domains that were accepted! :'(

Don't worry....in the previous auction I also sold zero names out of 4 accepted. Just wait till the next auction :)

Josh

•••
Josh_1 said:
Don't worry....in the previous auction I also sold zero names out of 4 accepted. Just wait till the next auction :)

Josh
Did any of those same names (that didn't sell last time) get sold this time, or did you have all different ones accepted?

•••
•••
In the last auction, the one I sold in Live was completed from start to payment in around 10 days. One I sold in silent took a little over 2 weeks after silent end. Moniker has been reasonably fast with payment as long as the domain is transferred smoothly and payment has been received from the buyer. The only thing I found a little odd last time was that I had opted to get paid by Paypal and at first mass pay wasn't used and then when it was, the mass pay fee was deducted from the payment. I was surprised since sending wire transfer or other payments costs much more than the $1.

•••
How is the process going for the Miami sellers? My transfer to moniker has been completed, but I haven't received anything else from them yet.

Also, has anyone received notification about submitting names for the Vegas auction? I think the deadline is coming up.

•••
Same here. My names have transferred to Moniker (in the last day or so), but I haven't heard anything else.

I think the Internext (adult) auction deadline is 11/6/07.

•••
I just got the seller's agreement for my sale and sent it back to Moniker (signed of course).

•••
Payment notification received for 5 Miami sales just awaiting it hitting my account. :gl:

•••
Thanks for the update wot. I'm hoping to hear something more soon.

•••
Update: Moniker payment received :)

•••
Payment rec'vd... thanks!!!

GoPC

•••
Payment received here too :tu:

•••
Payment Received :tu: Thanks

•••
payment still not received.

reason: buyer is still working on securing financing...?

•••
I have a question too. Are there any charges other than Moniker's 15% commission on sale?

•••
There are no fees beyond the 15% fee. The domain transfer fees etc are covered by the 15% fee.

I closed escrow a couple days ago on my sales. I spoke with Michael W* at Moniker, and he says it is not at all unusual for closings to take 30-45 days.

One of my buyers bought a lot of domains, and he didn't want to close out until all his domains were ready at once. There are many reasons for delays of escrow, so things are still closing.

Marc

•••
Back