Dynadot

Tough Domains - Custom Ads/Banners/Feeds

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Been playing around and using Tough Domains for about a month now. Really interesting service and will do a full review of it later, but just discovered new features that I think would be interesting for a lot of domainers, particularly newer domainers and those getting started with SEO.

1. Custom RSS Feeds for landing pages.
This was actually a big one for me. I own a good amount of GEO domains and wanted something more than a standard page. Ordinarily I would put up a simple wordpress site but this just makes it easy. One example, let's say a drone site.... LAAerialPhotography.com, I am now able to put in a custom RSS feed, in this case, one for Drone news. For other sites, I have either feeds to local news, or for investment sites, RSS feeds for articles that I write.

Totally an AWESOME feature.

2. Custom Banners
So what's cool about TD is that I can just put in my adsense code. the other option, particularly for those that are now publishers with google is to sell your own advertising and put in your own banners, and you can do that for all three ad spots. I may experiment with it with some of my national advertisers, and it may be interesting and an easy way to plug in your own sites if you run a PBN.

Only downside is, the 3 adverts that you put in will run on your entire network of sites. Not a problem if you have 10 domains or so, BUT.... it is something to consider if you have hundreds if not thousands of domains.

Will keep experimenting and keep going.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding the RSS Feeds,
Are you sure you can monetise a lander page using articles from other websites?

I also use feeds on my for-sale lander pages but I make sure that no ads show up there.

Not saying that you can't, I'm only asking.

•••
Regarding the RSS Feeds,
Are you sure you can monetise a lander page using articles from other websites?

I also use feeds on my for-sale lander pages but I make sure that no ads show up there.

Not saying that you can't, I'm only asking.

So the news page is separate from the sales page.

The main page with the articles is just a news/blog style page.... with a link to a separate sales page.

Take a look at the page I linked in. currently serving adsense.

•••
I did, that's why I'm asking

I noticed that there was an 'advertise here' on the top of the page where the articles were on and the articles weren't yours (at least that's what I thought, apologies if was mistaken) .Seeing that you seek to advertise on articles that are not yours caused me to ask that question.

Again, I'm only asking, I don't mean to offend.

•••

I noticed that there was an 'advertise here' on the top of the page where the articles were on and the articles weren't yours (at least that's what I thought, apologies if was mistaken) .Seeing that you seek to advertise on articles that are not yours caused me to ask that question.

Ah, okay. So the advertise here is something that was recently added, not by me.... and those articles are an RSS feed from other sources... not my own articles. (for that article).

If you click on any of them, it takes you to the source.

•••
@toughdomains whats up with the "advertise here"? Can it be removed if by option like most of the other stuff we have choices of?

•••
hey guys the custom ad network was created for
all our members who do not have an adsesne account or would be concerned that non unique news would not monitize well. So if you have any concerns with running adsesne on rss feeds of other sources you have a few options.
1. as stewie pointed out to us you can combine many different rss feeds in a service such as rssmix. many different news sources in one is no different than a top news site running ad sesne
2. you can write your own custom content for each name or group of names and add the rss feed to your blog there as custom content
3. you can ignore adssense all together and run your own affiliate ads or ads promoting your biz or domain portfolio

There was alot of logic and thought in place here to appease all aspects and situations.
We even created hosted sales pages so if you still want to park somewhere else and sell names you can also do that. it looks like this
http://sale.toughdomains.com/offers/79Rl9b

I personally would rather run my own company ads or affiliate ads rather than getting a few bucks in parking. Parking provides ~$4 a month and it would cost me a few hundred to advertising on any site with less traffic than our portfolio provides.
keep your names pointed to where ever or dont, run adsense or dont,
run custom news or dont
run your own ads across all your names.
you have full control and its just about providing another option. Much of this was based off the feedback here at namepros. keep talking we are listening.

•••
@toughdomains whats up with the "advertise here"? Can it be removed if by option like most of the other stuff we have choices of?
We are debating if advertise here should be on all accounts or just silver...should we only show that for the ads we control or would you be interested if we accepted an advertiser on your domain portfolio?

Last edited:
•••
hey guys the custom ad network was created for
all our members who do not have an adsesne account or would be concerned that non unique news would not monitize well. So if you have any concerns with running adsesne on rss feeds of other sources you have a few options.
1. as stewie pointed out to us you can combine many different rss feeds in a service such as rssmix. many different news sources in one is no different than a top news site running ad sesne
2. you can write your own custom content for each name or group of names and add the rss feed to your blog there as custom content
3. you can ignore adssense all together and run your own affiliate ads or ads promoting your biz or domain portfolio

There was alot of logic and thought in place here to appease all aspects and situations.
We even created hosted sales pages so if you still want to park somewhere else and sell names you can also do that. it looks like this
http://sale.toughdomains.com/offers/79Rl9b

I personally would rather run my own company ads or affiliate ads rather than getting a few bucks in parking. Parking provides ~$4 a month and it would cost me a few hundred to advertising on any site with less traffic than our portfolio provides.
keep your names pointed to where ever or dont, run adsense or dont,
run custom news or dont
run your own ads across all your names.
you have full control and its just about providing another option. Much of this was based off the feedback here at namepros. keep talking we are listening.

How do you get the address for the sales page for that domain, if we have the site functioning elsewhere.

•••
How do you get the address for the sales page for that domain, if we have the site functioning elsewhere.

if you point your DNS somewhere else and want to see the working hosted sales page just go to your public store...
All make offer and buy now links are hosted in the store so you can still list names pointed elsewhere

click the "make offer" button here to see all hosted sales pages
https://www.toughdomains.com/0k3W4b/portfolio
store enhancements coming soon also. you will be able to map your own domain to your store by mid month.

•••

stewie chose to pull in an rss feed from another news source but you can certainly create your own news content on another blog and pull that in to your names as well.

I could be wrong but I would be ok if anyone pulled in my news articles to give my blog more exposure . all those links feed into the news source and generate traffic for that blog....

•••
stewie chose to pull in an rss feed from another news source but you can certainly create your own news content on another blog and pull that in to your names as well.

I could be wrong but I would be ok if anyone pulled in my news articles to give my blog more exposure . all those links feed into the news source and generate traffic for that blog....

Haha by Stewie I take it to mean me? :) -Max

•••
Been playing around and using Tough Domains for about a month now. Really interesting service and will do a full review of it later, but just discovered new features that I think would be interesting for a lot of domainers, particularly newer domainers and those getting started with SEO.

1. Custom RSS Feeds for landing pages.
This was actually a big one for me. I own a good amount of GEO domains and wanted something more than a standard page. Ordinarily I would put up a simple wordpress site but this just makes it easy. One example, let's say a drone site.... LAAerialPhotography.com, I am now able to put in a custom RSS feed, in this case, one for Drone news. For other sites, I have either feeds to local news, or for investment sites, RSS feeds for articles that I write.

Totally an AWESOME feature.

2. Custom Banners
So what's cool about TD is that I can just put in my adsense code. the other option, particularly for those that are now publishers with google is to sell your own advertising and put in your own banners, and you can do that for all three ad spots. I may experiment with it with some of my national advertisers, and it may be interesting and an easy way to plug in your own sites if you run a PBN.

Only downside is, the 3 adverts that you put in will run on your entire network of sites. Not a problem if you have 10 domains or so, BUT.... it is something to consider if you have hundreds if not thousands of domains.

Will keep experimenting and keep going.
can you show us an example of what your using?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back