Dynadot

discuss TopCoin forsakes the .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Picture0031.png

I was looking at some .com's and punched topcoin.com into the url bar to see where it goes.

Much to my surprise

www.TopCoin.com goes to topcoin.network and then to wallet.topcoin.network

So it looks like they have forsaken the .com in favor of a .network domain

www.TopCoin.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
.network looks better than .com

•••
.network is hot with crypto. They love their .network.

•••
•••
Wow good info @MapleDots about crypto industry domain selections (y)

•••
I just regged TopcoinNetwork.com. Thanks!

Actually I didn't, lets see how long it takes the scavengers.....7:57pm to....

•••

That would actually make sense but if the company wanted it they would have registered it already.
Basically it would just be a UDRP waiting to happen.

I have better things to do with my time :xf.laugh:

PS. They have already shown they don't care for the com because they own the best .com already and are still not using it.

Last edited:
•••
PS. They have already shown they don't care for the com because they own the best .com already and are still not using it.

I wouldn't say that at all. They actually do care about the com because they have it.

And, look down at the bottom left of the page and see what they use for email.

Also, it makes me smile that no one has regged TopcoinNetwork/com - there is still hope....

Last edited:
•••
These guys slept thru the whole crypto surge, they could have been billionaires, yet they did nothing given they had a huge head start, the right brand, domain, just no concept, or drive. They did nothing, only on the down turn they did try something, and then abandoned it.

They have still done nothing with them, given I own over 100,000 of these turd coins, these guys are up the creek without a paddle.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for the interruption but is it good to start a website on crypto? is it beneficial?

•••
Sorry for the interruption but is it good to start a website on crypto? is it beneficial?
simply yes.

Btw, you are not interrupting if its an open thread, and you are on topic. Don't feel that way. Welcome to namepros.

•••
Just found another interesting site opting for .network :

The recently purchased Tokens.com (name bio 2018 - $500,000) now points at ‘Polymath.network’ the Security Tokens Platform

•••
I would guess they acquired the .network first, put a site up, then bought the .com. Why assume they dislike .com?

•••
I would guess they acquired the .network first, put a site up, then bought the .com. Why assume they dislike .com?
Other way around

TopCoin.com in the crypto rush in the Asian market would have been worth a fortune.

•••
It's fair to assume they like both. Theres no doubt .com has its merits, but at the same time, in the crypto industry, they seem to be liking other extensions as well.

•••
Just like a millionaire can afford to go around in old worn out jeans and plain t-shirt and still ooze confidence, the crypto companies can choose any extension they like and no one would care. Because, crypto is like religion, pretty much.

Doesn't mean anything or change anything for normal businesses around the world.

•••
TopCoin started a loyalty based crypto program with uniregistry in late 2014, many years before the peak of the crypto boom.

They essentially just kept issuing worthless coins, that were pretty much unspendable, Uniregistry stopped the program in late 2018, and topcoins said they were going to issue new coins, and start a new program, that was scrapped, and now I don't know what they are up to with the coins.

If they really were invested into TopCoin.Network, they could have sold TopCoin.com into the Chinese market for some serious coin. They know they need it, they have connections to Uniregistry, and probably got them to grab the domain for them.

•••
Recently I've got email from them. They little bit shaked up, rebranded their site and looking for new partnerships now.

•••

someone regged it.

•••
•••
LMFAO i was waiting for that

And I will go eat a burger instead, I'll get more use out of that 10 bucks.

•••
Recently I've got email from them. They little bit shaked up, rebranded their site and looking for new partnerships now.

Same here. I think they now have a (more active?) Telegram presence, and there was mention of being able to use Topcoin to go towards purchases at DomainOutlet.

•••
Same here. I think they now have a (more active?) Telegram presence, and there was mention of being able to use Topcoin to go towards purchases at DomainOutlet.
1 topcoin equals $1 at this venue.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't say that at all. They actually do care about the com because they have it.

And, look down at the bottom left of the page and see what they use for email.

Also, it makes me smile that no one has regged TopcoinNetwork/com - there is still hope....

wurdd nice call on topcoinnetwork.com

i wish you would have reg'd it, not sure who did, ill have to wait til next year..

•••
Back