domains Top-Level Domain Bias in Search Engine Indexing and Rankings

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Pick a list of TLDs based on popularity and the number of domain name registrations. Pick both old and new TLDs, as well as ccTLDs (country code TLDs). Make up a word and register that word in all those TLDs. Choose one made-up keyword per domain name. Set up one website per domain name. Track the indexing of each website. Track the rankings of each keyword on each website. Track the progress and report the results.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20200617-top-level-domain-bias-in-search-engine-indexing-and-rankings/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wasn’t this posted sometime back here?

•••
This only enhances my belief that Google ranking is just a game, an important game I grant you, but much better surely to 'rely' on other methods of getting site popularity, something one obviously do with Google SEO - rely on it that is.

•••
•••
•••
for me the .io ranks on top
the .net
and a little more down the .de
last on page .com

upload_2020-6-19_1-15-52.png

Last edited:
•••
If I'm reading this right... sample size of 1. Literally 1 name in each tld. Can't draw any meaningful conclusions comparing the tlds from a sample of 1.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back