Today Live Stream: An interview with Adam Dicker

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
An interview with one of the best known domain name industry veterans - Adam Dicker, Toronto, Canada.

Scheduled for Jan 13, 2020
Going #live: 1AM London / 8PM Toronto & Miami / 12PM Sydney / 9AM Beijing

Host: @Helmuts Meskonis (27.be)

Watch Live stream (Youtube) REMOVED by Host

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Shall I really answer? .. it looks like you already have your opinion.

quote-it-is-a-curious-quirk-of-human-nature-that-some-people-can-see-opportunities-while-others-napoleon-hill-139-78-98.jpg

And some people see opportunities that aren't really opportunities.

•••
•••
For an interviewer to not ask the hard questions like what he did with peoples money is like interviewing R Kelly and not bring up the allegations. I personally did not lose money with him BUT for so many to get burned by this guy in such a niche industry is kinda hard to swallow

•••
you could be right..

As the saying goes, 'For every cliché, there's an equal and opposing cliche'.

I don't know what the opposing saying to that one might be, though. Maybe someone else does.

•••
This seems like a juicy story but it's way too long to read.

Can anyone give me a TL;DR? What exactly did he do?

•••
This seems like a juicy story but it's way too long to read.

Can anyone give me a TL;DR? What exactly did he do?

https://onlinedomain.com/2016/01/28/opinions/adam-dicker-owes-a-lot-of-money-to-a-lot-of-people/
says this about his web projects:

It seems to me that Adam Dicker was agreeing to all sorts of ventures and deals with anyone he could find. That is without having the time, resources and in many cases the skills to deliver the results. He would take any money in advance whether that was for Q&A sessions over Skype, building websites, consulting and anything related to the internet and domain names. By “any money” I mean that he would take $500 or $5,000 or even tens of thousands in advance. He would take anything he could.

and:

I met people that Adam owes them sums of $500 or $750 up to thousands of dollars. (Even 6-figures…) According to what I was told personally and what I have read my rough estimation is that Adam could be in the hole for more than a million dollars. The original Namepros forum post (that now has thousands of replies) has more than 20 complaints from people that claim that Adam Dicker owes them money. The list includes several pretty well known domainers such as Frank Schilling, Claude Dauman, Joseph Peterson, etc. Shane Cultra talked about some other people that Adam owes money to. (“There are a lot of people that feel that they paid for website development and did not get what they paid for. This is not one, two, or ten. It is more.”)

Plus involvement in Satan's Playhouse, plus departing under a cloud from running GD's auction dept while bidding on those domains, plus involvement in mugshots.com

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
You haven't answered the question.

Yes, as I am not here to argue and you are here for something else.

--

And one more time, the main main part is - New series of live interviews of various domain industry personalities are coming out.

•••
Yes, as I am not here to argue and you are here for something else.

You have not answered a straight factual question, in fact you are now refusing to:

Did this planned interview involve a fee?

I'm sure you understand that disclosure of interests by bloggers etc is actually required.

If you are not here to answer legitimate questions, just why are you here?

•••
You have not answered a straight factual question, in fact you are now refusing to:

Did this planned interview involve a fee?

:) No - I have never taken a fee for livestreem appearances and do not plan to do so Ever.

.. I have done more than 1k livestreams in 3+ year time for the global Latvian community, and have never asked for a fee.

Anything else?

///

Great news > We have a Fantastic, Fantastic and uber-positive well-known DN veteran for Thursday 9pm UK Time / 3pm Central Time. Get ready! The name will be disclosed on Thursday.

Last edited:
•••
(Youtube) REMOVED by Host

I have done more than 1k livestreams
Related thread shows that another name (which was indeed disclosed on Thursday) has extremely positive reaction from the community. Which is natural. There would be no need to remove anything this time...

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back