IT.COM

Today I received this spam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
today I received this spam:

( no business relation or previous discussions first contact email )

domain is registered at dynadot
and LP is epik

upload_2020-3-16_16-23-29.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sorry, I give up. You win. Epik 1 , timestamp 0.
Better to say, "I won't spam others thread with my BS allegations without any proof".

•••
Better to say, "I won't spam others thread with my BS allegations without any proof".
You don't have a sense of humor.

•••
What is this spam guys? What do the sender hope to get?

•••
One question. At least to me. I: consider Spam when someone wants me to give them money. I agree. Spam Spam Spam.

Most of us can tell already mail is spam.
Plus thank God most emails get caught by Gmail as spam or whatever free email service you use.

So most spam never gets opened. That just adds proof that an email is spam because it was sent and unopened and then reported as spam.

But what about Opened emails?

What about emails with titles like "Inquiry on YourDomain.com" or "How much for YourDomain.com?" or "is your domain for sale?" or "We are interested in your domain."

Let's be honest here. What domainer would NOT open such an email?

lol with all due respect. At least to me. If I open an email even out of curiosity. I don't consider it spam anymore. But I will send it to spam.

but these people out here to make it a witch hunt to go find who the domainer was who sent it.

at least to for me? It's a bit extreme.

and I know I'll be chewed out here but it's a bit hypocritical really.

with respect OP of course.

I see many times on NP people complain and put on BLAST the spam they get. They mention the domain as if to try and found out which domainer on NP sent it.

why?

If a domainer tries to reach out to me to sell a domain, I just smile and ignore and report it as spam.

No harm or foul.

I do like the wording of such emails though.

For legal reasons they have to make it seem the email is coming from a Broker so that it's not directly coming from them. to afford them deniability.

They can always say "Oh I don't know that broker nor did I authorize them to contact you."

•••
I vote this thread is stupid.

It has nothing to do with either Epik or DD. Nothing they can do to prevent this spam.

Report the spam/abuse to agilecrm, the one relaying the email. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

•••
EVERY email address comes with a SPAM FOLDER by default because every email id receives SPAM.

Talking about SPAM email landed in SPAM FOLDER by it's nature a SPAM.

STOP SPAMMING np threads.

•••
•••
Pls say honestly, didn't you write this comment smirking?! 😁

I will respond with epik staff tactics here...

I don't understand question. Please, details.

•••
I will respond with epik staff tactics here...

I don't understand question. Please, details.

It's not a "Epik Staff tactics". Open details and I'm help with resolve problem.

•••
•••
Never mind. Have a good day.

Exactly! These 2 sentences are so powerful that I'm thinking to put them as my signature.
Something good from epik staff after all.

Last edited:
•••
Clickbait attack on epik.

Rob didnt need to justify that with a response.

Same people. same target. epik best registrar.

Samer

this thread has nothing to do with epik / Rob

you could equally claim I was attacking dynadot

calm down fanboys

Last edited:
•••
To prevent that spam, filters can also be used.
Don't use filters too restrictive to avoid missing some emails, but if you identify a path in these emails it could work.
Here, for example : Block/move to spam folder emails containg "broker" sent from new/unkown contacts, It will match all emails containing that word

If Epik or Dynadot, or anyone else could block these emails, the answer is likely no.
Here the spammer used a gmail address linked to AgileCRM to send his email
Never heard of them, but since the email was sent from their service, they may be able to block that person

Gube

•••
To prevent that spam, filters can also be used.
Don't use filters too restrictive to avoid missing some emails, but if you identify a path in these emails it could work.
Here, for example : Block/move to spam folder emails containg "broker" sent from new/unkown contacts, It will match all emails containing that word

If Epik or Dynadot, or anyone else could block these emails, the answer is likely no.
Here the spammer used a gmail address linked to AgileCRM to send his email
Never heard of them, but since the email was sent from their service, they may be able to block that person

Gube

thank you Gube,

Never heard of spam filters
that really helps a lot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back