IT.COM

status-monitor To the person downvoting all of my content

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

McJilton

Established Member
Impact
What is the reason? I will not post here again. As you wish.

@mods - this feature has cost you a high quality member.

Glad I didn’t share any of my methods and tools.

I have made no one angry here, @Domainboy tried to get me to violate another member who claimed a sale first, spammed me 50 times to sell him the names, I don’t sell them to him and all of the sudden I’m getting massive downvotes?

Okay bye then.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I have made no one angry here, @Domainboy tried to get me to violate another member who claimed a sale first, spammed me 50 times to sell him the names, I don’t sell them to him and all of the sudden I’m getting massive downvotes?

Okay bye then.
1. I'm not the one downvoting you and idk if you can check that with mods but it's not me. In any case, i don't get why you are get so pissed off for some downvotes

2. I think you are getting pissed off because i don't wanna buy durb.com for 3k

3. You just literally threatened me you're gonna hack me like what the heck

4 at the end we didn't have any deal as you didn't want to use escrow but just get payment via PayPal or crypto. You insisted in a sketchy way that you needed the funds especially via crypto because you needed them immediately even though I told you DAN and SH accept Paypal and DAN accepts crypto

•••
There might be issue in your domain hosting ..

•••
The future pros of namepros.
Whats hosting got to do with this @redplanetpk ? 😲
Do you know what hosting is?
Hey @Paul another unhappy member due to your invisible play votes.
Its hard to take this forum seriously anymore. You know I could go on endlessly, between that guy with his 42000 posts to anonymously destroying people, the scams. Rob monster is still a pro here.
The wheels are turning but your going the wrong way.
Gonna be so much better when some people can see invisible play votes.
Off to see about the epik saga

•••
Well folks downvoted my honest reply/point of view about GPT based domains.
You shouldn't be bothered about the upvotes/downvotes. The community knows your content is valuable, please do not let these "vote" parameters come in the way ;)

(I just did 1 up vote and made it from -7 to -6)

Last edited:
•••

Okay bye then.

Congrats on the sale.

I wouldn't take it personal. If you are truly getting spammed from anyone, just report it.

If you want to see negativity, try spending several years creating a domain valuation tool. No matter how accurate it is, I still get several regulars here that say negative things about the tool (usually without ever trying it), never provide anything constructive to fix, and tell people not to use it because they don't (usually without disclosing their actual sales).

Luckily, I also have a lot of great customers that keep the tool going and I appreciate that.

I just wanted to emphasize that no matter what you do, you are going to get negativity. The more you do, the more negativity you are going to get. You also come off as being more direct, which is good, but you are going to get even more negativity. That's just how it is.

Look at Rick Schwartz. He is more successful with domains than any of us are likely to achieve, shares his methods, yet gets tons of negativity. It makes no sense.

But anyway, I'd stick around. Don't even look at the downvotes.

•••
You shouldn't be bothered about the upvotes/downvotes. The community knows your content is valuable, please do not let these "vote" parameters come in the way ;)

Absolutely. Don't be afraid of speaking your mind because of fears of the downvoting. Perhaps the downvoting anonymous system would best be reformed, so there is openness about who disagrees with you. In some instances, the downvotes may ultimately be a good sign that you are raising attention to an issue that merits some attention.

•••

Thanks a lot I appreciate you, I will just ignore the voting system. It's annoying for me because I've been working alone for over 20 years and I rarely give up free information, and when I do I get these "down votes" very odd. People are jealous I suppose.

•••
Absolutely. Don't be afraid of speaking your mind because of fears of the downvoting. Perhaps the downvoting anonymous system would best be reformed, so there is openness about who disagrees with you. In some instances, the downvotes may ultimately be a good sign that you are raising attention to an issue that merits some attention.
Thanks I appreciate this, great points and agree.

•••
•••
Many of us have complained about this for a long time, myself included.

Normally when I mention it the mods either just delete the post as off-topic, or move it to some irrelevant section.

Brad

•••
The future pros of namepros.
Whats hosting got to do with this @redplanetpk ? 😲
Do you know what hosting is?
Hey @Paul another unhappy member due to your invisible play votes.
Its hard to take this forum seriously anymore. You know I could go on endlessly, between that guy with his 42000 posts to anonymously destroying people, the scams. Rob monster is still a pro here.
The wheels are turning but your going the wrong way.
Gonna be so much better when some people can see invisible play votes.
Off to see about the epik saga
lol, I appreciate your input. I would guess that the invisible votes are there, sadly, by the choice of an admin, so that the mods can use it too. I will proceed with caution around here moving forward.

•••
•••
•••
We’re aware of the issue and reported it to a senior moderator prior to the creation of this thread. It should be addressed soon because the member doing it is abusing the system.

•••
We’ve also requested better tools for addressing this scenario so that all moderators (and soon, top members of the community) can more quickly address abuse of the points system.

•••
It's absurd! Hadn't been coming here for a while, came back to this negative down vote system!
It's terrible. Someone goes and down votes every post in the Reg. of the Day thread!
I mean what kind of sociopath must you be to down vote every one who shares their Reg. of the Day?
It's taking a lot away from NamePros in my opinion!

•••
It's absurd! Hadn't been coming here for a while, came back to this negative down vote system!
It's terrible. Someone goes and down votes every post in the Reg. of the Day thread!
I mean what kind of sociopath must you be to down vote every one who shares their Reg. of the Day?
It's taking a lot away from NamePros in my opinion!
You mean someone really dislikes those domain choices that much?! Wow! Thanks for pointing that little tidbit out.

There really are some interesting folks on the Namepros forum....

•••
Update: After reviewing the downvotes earlier it was found that the member downvoting was doing so in a way that was deemed harassment, after establishing a habitual pattern.

The member in question has received an official warning and if it should happen again, their accounts access to NamePros features (Such as downvoting) will me limited/restricted.

Please use the report feature if you feel that a member is intentionally abusing the downvote system so a moderator team can investigate further to see if there is a habitual pattern. Once a pattern has been identified, a moderator can then take further actions.

For internal use ONLY: https://www.namepros.com/reports/56335/

The following quoted posts by moderators should help provide more information regarding up/down votes and community moderation (Which the up/down vote feature is part of):

The points assigned from a quick reply are public, but the points assigned from the arrows are only accessible by moderators (and in the future, accessible by top members like yourself). We’re working toward that goal every day, but it’s part of a larger project.
Hello,

Yes, however, in order to establish a habitual pattern, we'll need to see the same member downvoting your posts in different context and topics. A single post rarely identifies a retaliatory or antagonistic incident beyond a shadow of a doubt.

A review of recent activity did not show downvotes.

Would you care to start a dedicated support thread, where you can list a few of them for us to investigate? - https://www.namepros.com/forums/namepros-general-support.184/

Once we establish a clear pattern, we can get more involved and take action.

Hello,

It appears that the original poster disagreed and disliked your opinion. A different member also disagreed, bringing the points to 3. The 4th point was an actual downvote and not a Like, Agree, Disagree, Dislike button click. There does not appear to be multiple downvotes from the same person. It's a combination of a downvote and usage of the Like, Agree, Disagree, Dislike buttons.

Keep in mind, any time a Like, Agree, Disagree, Dislike button is clicked, it also adds or subtracts a vote (Up/Down). Most members are not intentionally trying to manipulate the post voting system and simply using the Like, Agree, Disagree, Dislike buttons on the post to express their opinion regarding a comment.

Are you suggesting that members should not be allowed to disagree/dislike with other members opinions?

The incentive of allowing members to freely express their opinions (In compliance with the rules) as well as members being able to freely disagree with opinions (In compliance with the rules), is empowering members to self-moderate community content.

You can find more information about community moderation here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/namepros-november-2021-a-new-website-and-more.1041901/post-8516976 and here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/ba...-for-threats-on-namepros.1186257/post-7730322

We hope that information helps.
Yes. That's why influence within the community is important. The majority of members cannot downvote a single post 5 times. The majority can only contribute a single downvote. As your influence in the community climbs, you have more responsibility and influence over the points on a single post.

•••
Please use the report feature if you feel that a member is intentionally abusing the downvote system so a moderator team can investigate further to see if there is a habitual pattern. Once a pattern has been identified, a moderator can then take further actions.
What is the definition of "intentionally abusing"?

Is it always leaving negative votes for a person, a certain topic, etc?
Is there an actual firm rule or is it just a judgement call?

Also, how are you supposed to report it exactly? Do you want people to click "report" on a specific response that might have received downvotes? So you could essentially be reporting your own post that received downvotes.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Is there an actual firm rule or is it just a judgement call?
Judgement call. If we can come up with a firm rule, then the dev team may be able to automate it. We’re open to suggestions.

Do you want people to click "report" on a specific response that might have received downvotes? So you could essentially be reporting your own post that received downvotes.
It could be done that way, but since we have to establish a pattern (and that may be spread across several days), it’d be best to open a support ticket with us instead. Then you can include links to multiple posts where you suspect there to be abuse.

We hope to come up with a more convenient process for this, as well.

•••
These anonymous down/up votes make no sense here at NP. Because a lot of content produced and the reactions stemmed from them can largely be based on personal appeal towards the poster and not the actual validity of the post.

I agree that the anonymity should be removed. There are other technical, logic-based sites where the voting system makes sense because content is largely based on right or wrong and not opinion-based, whereas Namepros has a massive spread of "what do you think of this" and "this is what I think of it" kind of postings, along with interesting characters reacting to them. There is no need to hide these kind of reactions because it just promotes moody or even over-zealous votes in whatever direction.

Choosing to downvote or upvote is fine without having to agree, disagree or thank the poster but at the very least the votes shouldn't be inviting safety in anonymity because that just makes it ok to react without being accountable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back