Dynadot

news To retire .GB or not to retire .GB, that is the question

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Earlier this month, the UK Government’s Central Digital and Data Office (the CDDO) published a blog post discussing the question of whether it was time to retire the .GB Top Level Domain and inviting comment on its proposal to do so.
The CDDO states in its blog post that, administratively, it would be quite simple to retire .GB as it would just be a question of telling the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) that .GB is “no longer needed, and it can thus be removed from the Internet.” However, .GB is a country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) and all ccTLDs owe their existence to the fact that they are on, or have been added to, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)’s ISO 3166 list, the globally authoritative list of two-letter country codes...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't know it existed and I'm from the UK.

•••
I think they should introduce it again

•••
I've just read that article and I can see that they have already made the decision... As always they've already made the decision before they consult anyone.

Democracy... my bottom.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Idiots
If Scotland will pull out from UK ( other overseas ) will be no more UK will be GB
😉

•••
•••
Back