Dynadot

discuss To Park or Not To Park - Some alternatives to parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For quite some time now there has been a lot of debate on whether or not it is worth it to park your domains or to setup landing pages.

For those of you who choose the ladder and don't make money from your portfolio parking, here are a couple of options for landing pages for selling your names.

#1 - my first choice is the bodis,com inquiry landing form. You have the option at bodis now to not park your domains and to simply display an inquiry form instead of a parked page. This is free and no commissions if you sell a domain. You can choose to forward all or some of your names to the inquiry form in your domain manager:

Manage domains

Select all names you want to display inquiry form

Change sale status

Inquiry form

Check (Auto-redirect to inquiry form)

#2 - Add your domains to the flippa catalogue under your account. You can set up forwarding to point your names to your catalogue or you can update your name servers for your already listed domain to display a landing page for that listing. (Name servers; ns1.flippa.com, ns2.flippa.com).
This option is free initially but if your name sells you will pay a 10% commission on the sale price to flippa.

#3 - Purchase a wordpress template and set up your own landers. Here are some I like:

- http://themes.vective.co/domenatwo/

- http://a3webtools.com/demo/template/vexillia/

-http://themeforest.net/item/salesman-domain-for-sale-template/full_screen_preview/5906002

-----------------------------------

There are other options like using sedo or undeveloped.com but these come at higher costs if you sell a name.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo is only 15% of the domain sale...compared to 10% from flippa. I guess it comes down to if you want to host the page yourself or not. I wish the parking companies would disclose how much rev share you are getting with them.
So of the options above what do you plan on doing?

•••
For quite some time now there has been a lot of debate on whether or not it is worth it to park your domains or to setup landing pages.

For those of you who choose the ladder and don't make money from your portfolio parking, here are a couple of options for landing pages for selling your names.

#1 - my first choice is the bodis,com inquiry landing form. You have the option at bodis now to not park your domains and to simply display an inquiry form instead of a parked page. This is free and no commissions if you sell a domain. You can choose to forward all or some of your names to the inquiry form in your domain manager:

Manage domains

Select all names you want to display inquiry form

Change sale status

Inquiry form

Check (Auto-redirect to inquiry form)

#2 - Add your domains to the flippa catalogue under your account. You can set up forwarding to point your names to your catalogue or you can update your name servers for your already listed domain to display a landing page for that listing. (Name servers; ns1.flippa.com, ns2.flippa.com).
This option is free initially but if your name sells you will pay a 10% commission on the sale price to flippa.

#3 - Purchase a wordpress template and set up your own landers. Here are some I like:

- http://themes.vective.co/domenatwo/

- http://a3webtools.com/demo/template/vexillia/

-http://themeforest.net/item/salesman-domain-for-sale-template/full_screen_preview/5906002

-----------------------------------

There are other options like using sedo or undeveloped.com but these come at higher costs if you sell a name.

nice info
thanks a lot.
I was not familiar with wordpress. they look good and carry nice stats!
I wonder if pricey! I'll check!

I came across your thread today due to looking for bodis alternatives.

I loved bodis sales lander redirect, til they started playing image puzzle game with captcha, on my potential buyers. no one in the right mind can tolerate this. its an outrage. when contacted bodis to plz not do this, I was given the usual.. we will consider it for next upgrade, but our tech can't drop all current projects to take care of you now.

nice going bodis

•••
Sedo is only 15% of the domain sale...compared to 10% from flippa. I guess it comes down to if you want to host the page yourself or not. I wish the parking companies would disclose how much rev share you are getting with them.
So of the options above what do you plan on doing?

And once again.... Parking companies have agreement with Google and are not allowed to say the exact % of revenue share.. PC always states that they give more than 90% to the publishers, some state more than 80% and I believe them. For me its rather not important if they keep 9% or 6% or 2%, this kind of info is more than enough.

•••
Concerning the topic, it really depends on the criteria you set. If you get an inquiry very seldom and domain makes far more than 8.5 USD per year, you should consider parking only and setting a small sentence in whois this domain is for sale. especially on those which earn more than 10 USD per day. If there are pennies coming from certain domain or CTR is practically 0, I would suggest sell only template. In everything in between or in the higher range 1 USD+ per day, everybody says that Parking is for lazy bas.... :)and you should develop some domains in the field of interest, so you could symbiotically have fun and profits. As everybody stated several times. The rules of the game having Parking feed or Adsense feed are different like a night and day.

•••
If you make some profit from parking, I don't see a reason to look for an alternative. So if you are looking for an alternative to parking it means parking doesn't work for a particular domain.

Then you have only real 2 options;
1- develop it
2- let it expire

If the domain doesn't make money from parking, it means it doesn't receive enough traffic. So, to sell such a domain it should have some value (ie, 1 word, 4L or so) Selling a domain is not an alternative. Because you can sell a domain when parking. I use parkingcrew. There is a contact/for sale link on the parking pages. Selling and parking are not separate things or don't need special efforts, special preference. Hence selling is not an alternative. You can either develop it or let it expire. If you have too many domains, the best thing is to turn those domains into autoblogs for 1-2 year then let them expire even if autobloging -as a last resort- don't help.

•••
@JudgeMind : Thanks a lot for sharing the wonderful info about making revenue, I just wanted to ask you and all Pros here that suppose if I get a very good keyword with high CPC but with a bad (not popular extension) and I put some content with basic WP themes and get approved the account from Google or any ad platform and then do some basic FB Marketing and all So my question is:
a. will I get all money as CPC rate if any natural and honest clicks come.
b. will this help in selling that domain name with reasonable price because I know its good name with bad extension.
I am asking because all parking companies share a penny with us, although I am happy with Bodis but only Adult Names get clicks and its CPC is worst.

Asking too much but please answer it, that how this click economy works.

Thanks and Rgds.

•••
@JudgeMind : Thanks a lot for sharing the wonderful info about making revenue, I just wanted to ask you and all Pros here that suppose if I get a very good keyword with high CPC but with a bad (not popular extension) and I put some content with basic WP themes and get approved the account from Google or any ad platform and then do some basic FB Marketing and all So my question is:
b. will this help in selling that domain name with reasonable price because I know its good name with bad extension.
I am asking because all parking companies share a penny with us, although I am happy with Bodis but only Adult Names get clicks and its CPC is worst.

Thanks and Rgds.

a. Extension doesn't affect CPC rate.
b. it can help you selling it if you develop it and sell it as a website. Because I believe only .com domains can receive type-in traffic. You will need to develop other extensions for organic traffic and for traffic from backlinks. For me all extensions are equal since content is king.

•••
a. Extension doesn't affect CPC rate.
b. it can help you selling it if you develop it and sell it as a website. Because I believe only .com domains can receive type-in traffic. You will need to develop other extensions for organic traffic and for traffic from backlinks. For me all extensions are equal since content is king.
Thanks a lot for the answer, Ok you are saying that traffic through organic search goes only to .com and other extension can not enjoy it.

•••
Thanks a lot for the answer, Ok you are saying that traffic through organic search goes only to .com and other extension can not enjoy it.

No. I said type-in traffic goes mostly to .com extension.
Type-in traffic is not organic search traffic.
All domain extensions are equal in terms of organic traffic and CPC rates.
.com is lucky to receive type-in traffic as it's the most popular extension. But CPC rates and organic traffic are managed by computers not by the past experiences, knowledges or memories of humans. For computers all extensions are equal.

•••

Thanks and Rgds.

Its not that simple. for higher CPC you will have to have the hell of the content, to be able to put Google ads on website with high CPC niche. For some niches, you even have to be certified to be able to get Adsense on that Website. Not to mention that you would have to invest a lot of money to get some clicks on cheap car insurance website for example. But there are numerous topics already about development. All this questions you have, could be answered by few searches on NP with ease, instead of that you want an easy way, but its ok...

If your passion is personal injury, that write about it, if you can deliver a high quality content, but I am not really sure if this is your expertise. Why would you do the high CPC website actually? There are so many already... Focus on the things you like or are of your interest and make a website based on that. Than you can have quality content. You have to stand out of a crowd, nobody needs mesothelioma website from somebody who study geography.

Last edited:
•••
The Domena2 & vexillia themes mentioned in OP are abandoned. I'd really not bother with themeforest themes for this purpose - just pick any theme that you're comfortable with and just stick a contact form on your home page.

•••
Buy domains specifically to park or forget it altogether.

•••
Its not that simple. for higher CPC you will have to have the hell of the content, to be able to put Google ads on website with high CPC niche. For some niches, you even have to be certified to be able to get Adsense on that Website. Not to mention that you would have to invest a lot of money to get some clicks on cheap car insurance website for example. But there are numerous topics already about development. All this questions you have, could be answered by few searches on NP with ease, instead of that you want an easy way, but its ok...

If your passion is personal injury, that write about it, if you can deliver a high quality content, but I am not really sure if this is your expertise. Why would you do the high CPC website actually? There are so many already... Focus on the things you like or are of your interest and make a website based on that. Than you can have quality content. You have to stand out of a crowd, nobody needs mesothelioma website from somebody who study geography.
Thanks a very much valid points, must not be easy to develop content and getting google ad sense. Thanks again.

•••
•••
the parking place has just launch native ad banners for websites. it a great way to monetize and generate more revenue.

•••
the parking place has just launch native ad banners for websites. it a great way to monetize and generate more revenue.

Anybody using this new thing?

Hi Tien, can you also pls show us an example. At least a screenshot....

•••
we are place native ads on your sites for you go to redirect.com and see examples

•••
nice info
thanks a lot.
I was not familiar with wordpress. they look good and carry nice stats!
I wonder if pricey! I'll check!

I came across your thread today due to looking for bodis alternatives.

I loved bodis sales lander redirect, til they started playing image puzzle game with captcha, on my potential buyers. no one in the right mind can tolerate this. its an outrage. when contacted bodis to plz not do this, I was given the usual.. we will consider it for next upgrade, but our tech can't drop all current projects to take care of you now.

nice going bodis
Wish I saw this image captcha thing before pointing the majority of my names to Bodis but I will give them a try still.

For sales, is it better to send buyers directly to the landing page or to the parking page?

•••
Back